2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

6 hours ago, NLinfante said:

The Rangers gave up 9.

So we’ve got that going for us, which is nice.

Lightning really made them pay early...Rags were already trailing 1-0 when both deAngelo and Lemieux went off at the same time with penalties...Lightning needed all of five seconds to score on the 5-on-3, then another 39 seconds to score on the 5-on-4, then scored 22 seconds after that at even strength.  Lightning were up 4-0 just 6:42 into the game. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Lightning really made them pay early...Rags were already trailing 1-0 when both deAngelo and Lemieux went off at the same time with penalties...Lightning needed all of five seconds to score on the 5-on-3, then another 39 seconds to score on the 5-on-4, then scored 22 seconds after that at even strength.  Lightning were up 4-0 just 6:42 into the game. 

I have the NHL.com app on my phone and the Devils are listed as my favorite team and I get all of the updates and alerts - I have the Lightning listed as one of the teams I'm 'interested' in or something like that, so I get some of theirs too - my phone buzzed for the first goal, then again shortly after it buzzed again and I assumed it was an update or something, then like a minute later it did it again, and I started to get confused, and finally by the fourth goal another minute later I was like "Wtf is going on with my phone?"  I looked and saw that it was 4 separate goals in the span of 4 minutes and 3 seconds, and I had an ear to ear grin on my face :D

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I have the NHL.com app on my phone and the Devils are listed as my favorite team and I get all of the updates and alerts - I have the Lightning listed as one of the teams I'm 'interested' in or something like that, so I get some of theirs too - my phone buzzed for the first goal, then again shortly after it buzzed again and I assumed it was an update or something, then like a minute later it did it again, and I started to get confused, and finally by the fourth goal another minute later I was like "Wtf is going on with my phone?"  I looked and saw that it was 4 separate goals in the span of 4 minutes and 3 seconds, and I had an ear to ear grin on my face :D

As much as I chuckled at that, the Lightning would've done the same exact thing to the Devils under the same circumstances...only after each goal, we would've been treated to a full-screen shot of D.B.A.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That must be some emergency. 

He's actually played in 8 games this season with Pittsburgh...got a lot more minutes last night than usual though (over 12).  But yeah, at 25 years old, he's pretty much solidified his status as a "Break Glass In Case of Absolute Emergency (and don't expect much when you do)" kind of player.  He managed 26 points in his first 61 GP as an NHLer...he's put up 2 in 27 GP since (and for obvious reasons, rarely reaches 10 mins of ice time when he does play with the big clubs now). 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

52 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

This made me kinda sick to watch

Another one of those rules where the referee has discretion to stop play, but is not required to. Truthfully, that’s stupid and the referee should have clear requirements of what they are supposed to do. 

Interesting stat from the N.Y. Post today: players with 225 minutes played at full strength with zero goals this season: Mitch Marner, Jonathan Toews, Jamie Benn, Joe Thornton, Cam Atkinson and Nick Foligno.

Among the 21 with one full-strength goal: Phil Kessel, Pavel Buchnevich, Zach Parise, Ryan O’Reilly, Bo Horvat, Nicklas Backstrom, Derek Stepan and Joe Pavelski.

And of the 37 with two: Sidney Crosby, Taylor Hall, Aleksander Barkov and Johnny Gaudreau.

Referenced at the end of this article about the Rangers possibly calling up that goalie Sh!tstocking it whatever it is. 

https://nypost.com/2019/11/16/its-time-for-rangers-to-call-up-igor-shesterkin/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, MB3 said:

"This guy might literally die but if I stop a fast-break in a regular season game in November the home team will boo me."

Tough decision for the zebra.

Remember when we play the Jets and Little (I think it was him) took the puck to the head and blew the play dead immediately? That ref had clue.

These ones are idiots.

5 hours ago, jagknife said:

Chaos at the end of the 2nd period in the Ducks - Caps game.

While Hathaway was a douche for spitting like a drunken frat boy (no offense to those who are former frat brothers here), Gubrandson (sp?) sucker punched him when the ref looked the other way

Good, when someone spits on you , punch them in the face. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MB3 said:

It was the other way around.

Still disgusting to spit, but he spat because his hands were being held back and he just got punched in the face by a 7-foot oaf with no way to defend himself or retaliate.

Sorry, I don’t normally agree with spitting on people, but that dude asked for it. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Sorry, I don’t normally agree with spitting on people, but that dude asked for it. 

There is no excuse for spitting on someone (or licking for that matter).  You're playing professional hockey, I think there is an understanding that at some point you're going to get punched in the face.

10 minutes ago, Crisis said:

There is no excuse for spitting on someone (or licking for that matter).  You're playing professional hockey, I think there is an understanding that at some point you're going to get punched in the face.

While you arms are being held?

Again, I’m not endorsing it, but if you are going to take cheap shots, I don’t have sympathy for you getting spit in your face. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

While you arms are being held?

Again, I’m not endorsing it, but if you are going to take cheap shots, I don’t have sympathy for you getting spit in your face. 

Yeah, I'm sure it happens often

League average xSuckerPunch/60 is around 0.56

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

It was the other way around.

Still disgusting to spit, but he spat because his hands were being held back and he just got punched in the face by a 7-foot oaf with no way to defend himself or retaliate.

Ah I see. It was really hard to see from the video when Hathaway spat at him. I thought it was before and that's why Gudbranson was trying to cave his skull in. Still really hate spitting though. 

33 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Ah I see. It was really hard to see from the video when Hathaway spat at him. I thought it was before and that's why Gudbranson was trying to cave his skull in. Still really hate spitting though. 

i find it interesting that people are more upset about a guys spitting than a guy punching a defenseless man in the face. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

i find it interesting that people are more upset about a guys spitting than a guy punching a defenseless man in the face. 

You can't get herpes from a punch.

And herpes is forever.

Edited by Crisis