2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

lol you really need this to help tell you that they are losing in a 5-1 game being down in shots 31-18?

PT Barnum certainly was right.

Lol watch the app say something like, "everyone knows your team lost 6-2, but this very proprietary chart presupposes, maybe they didn't?"

34 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Nothing like spending money on tickets, food and parking/train only to be staring half the time at your screen that is telling you things that 95% you could already see if you were paying attention to the game to begin with.

Interesting that you painted that picture from that article. 

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Interesting that you painted that picture from that article. 

It literally said in the article that they will show this stuff during and after the game.  Hell the guy they quoted said fans would watch this during intermissions.  I don't think it's a stretch to think fans won't do this during the game.

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

Ok boomer

this is anecdotal i guess, but what's funny is that in the last year or two, it's now the 50-60+ year olds i see most on their phones at sporting events, they leave millennials in the dust

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Jim Montgomery just got the old Claude Julien treatment by Dallas and was fired, for what the Stars are saying is unprofessional conduct.

Now barring it being something criminal, GO GET HIM RAY!

Damn I’m so curious lol

4 hours ago, jagknife said:

I’m guessing he was bro-ing out with his guys considering his owner is always in the media calling out players.

From the press conference it sounds like whatever it was may not have strictly been at work. No players, past or present, and no other employees were involved. Nil wouldn't say what the thing was out of respect for eveyone involved though. I imagine it's going to come out at some point. 

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

so Galchenyuk is available in pittsburgh, i guess he's just not gelling with the team so once they are back healthy he could be gone.

I know Shero had interest in him in he past, not sure he'd help but i wonder if Shero is looking into it

He did well in Arizona, as far as I know, and I liked his game in Montreal, I’d take him as a discount replacement for Hall