2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

Jim Montgomery just got the old Claude Julien treatment by Dallas and was fired, for what the Stars are saying is unprofessional conduct.
Now barring it being something criminal, GO GET HIM RAY!
From Reddit:
"He Drunk tweeted the New Finnish Prime Minister, asking for a picture of her Jussi Jokinen"

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, eaglejelly said:

From Reddit:
"He Drunk tweeted the New Finnish Prime Minister, asking for a picture of her Jussi Jokinen"

“Let me see your Jussi, I’m not Jokinen!!”

Obvious misunderstanding. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

I think it's possible that he ends up on this long "list" of Shero's. San Jose performed well under him.

And just in case anyone still had any doubt that Shero has put the team in full on tank mode, San Jose replaces their entire coaching staff in the hopes that their season will turn around.  Ray, by contrast, is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And just in case anyone still had any doubt that Shero has put the team in full on tank mode, San Jose replaces their entire coaching staff in the hopes that their season will turn around.  Ray, by contrast, is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I thought asst Boughner taking over

1 hour ago, eaglejelly said:

If I remember correctly, him not developing young Talent well was a main critique point. Not what we need right now. No thanks to Pete

The big knock on him was that he was hard on Larsson and Josefson.  The latter just stunk and Larsson just wasn’t going to be as good as we hoped for whatever reason, maybe it had something to do with Larry Robinson leaving and PK Subban hit.  Severson and Henrique did just fine under him.

Still don’t love the idea of him coming back even though I think he’s a good coach.

No no, sh!t no, to a DeBoer reunion. Remember Peter Harrold (yeah the guy who got PP time for some absolutely stupid reason in the Stanley Cup Final) Get ready to see Carrick or Tennyson at wing just so DeBoer doesn’t have to scratch them cause he loves him so much.

I will say the fact the Sharks fired the entire staff and we didn’t only makes me more angry at Ray. It’s what we should have done and yet we went to a guy who has no clue how to coach.

Awesome.

30 minutes ago, jagknife said:

No no, sh!t no, to a DeBoer reunion. Remember Peter Harrold (yeah the guy who got PP time for some absolutely stupid reason in the Stanley Cup Final) Get ready to see Carrick or Tennyson at wing just so DeBoer doesn’t have to scratch them cause he loves him so much.

I will say the fact the Sharks fired the entire staff and we didn’t only makes me more angry at Ray. It’s what we should have done and yet we went to a guy who has no clue how to coach.

Awesome.

Seems like he could have easily put Fitz in there, too. I don’t get it. 

10 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I doubt he comes here, but...I dunno if I'd really be opposed to it.  @CMONPETEYD should be all about this. Dare I say he's the opposite of @mikepeluso8...."Hire Pete"...? 🤔

My sloth like behavior in changing my name would not be necessary!

Remember who called the firing of Hynes before the season!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Seems like he could have easily put Fitz in there, too. I don’t get it. 

Because Ray foolishly still believes in the Hynes ‘system’. And Boughner was as much a Pete assistant as Fitz was a Hynes assistant. He only joined the staff this year presumably now as the fallback if a change was made.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Because Ray foolishly still believes in the Hynes ‘system’. And Boughner was as much a Pete assistant as Fitz was a Hynes assistant. He only joined the staff this year presumably now as the fallback if a change was made.

Shero has failed this team this season. He continues to fail them every day he leaves Nas behind that bench.

43 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Shero has failed this team this season. He continues to fail them every day he leaves Nas behind that bench.

I'll give you that he waited too long to fire Hynes, and if Nas is here past early January, I'm not going to be happy with that either.

If you're referring to trying to make in-season on-ice moves to try to turn this season around, not sure there's that much Shero can do...not much that he did (or didn't) do in the offseason has paid off.  Devils only have 3 picks in the first 3 rounds over the next two seasons combined (two 1st and a 3rd)...of course, now that the Devils will clearly be sellers, they should be able to add to that.  Probably looking at lateral player moves at best (say, Wood for ______), if he wanted to try to shake things up. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I also agree that Shero waited too long to remove Hynes, but at this point you set the next HC up for failure bringing him into this sh!t-show. I firmly believe that whatever is going on now goes deeper than the staff. This team has mentally checked out.

I'd rather Shero wait and find the right person for the job and let them start fresh over the summer rather than trying to find someone as quick as possible just to get the current guys out. As much as it blows, this season is lost. We need to, once again, get our just suck reward in the draft and hope next year brings better starting back at square 1 again. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I also agree that Shero waited too long to remove Hynes, but at this point you set the next HC up for failure bringing him into this sh!t-show. I firmly believe that whatever is going on now goes deeper than the staff. This team has mentally checked out.

I'd rather Shero wait and find the right person for the job and let them start fresh over the summer rather than trying to find someone as quick as possible just to get the current guys out. As much as it blows, this season is lost. We need to, once again, get our just suck reward in the draft and hope next year brings better starting back at square 1 again. 

Agreed. That’s the entire purpose of making Nas the interim coach. 

50 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

No idea how Cangi can refer to Hynes as an 'excellent' coach.  The stats and data just don't back it up.

You are talking about a guy who used to refer to Schneider as Brodeur, and Kinkaid as Schneider. He has hardly any clue.