2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

The whole "Shero obsession with players/staff connected with Pittsburgh" thing is still miles better than the "Lou obsession with signing ex-Devils that are 35+ years old, over the hill and that nobody wants anymore to patch holes on a declining team. 

You don't let go. Then i don't either. 

But both are equally good points! Both are true!

I still can’t believe how dumb Nashville is. The smart move would have been to get DeBoer in there, as I don’t even like him either. Get a players coach with a reputation of working well with good amounts of talent.

now they settled for DBA for some reason and have a guy who is clueless on how to utilize the talent he has and never gets the most from his guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Hahahahaha! What the hell has Hynes ever done to show that he's a great coach? F*cking hilarious, I hope Nashville misses the playoffs. 

Yeah  I'd swear I'm in an alternative universe with this guy getting another job so quickly in a pretty solid org. WTF?  Thankfully I'm not a betting man because I would be homeless going forward. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Yeah  I'd swear I'm in an alternative universe with this guy getting another job so quickly in a pretty solid org. WTF?  Thankfully I'm not a betting man because I would be homeless going forward. 

Unfortunately just like most things in life, it's usually who you know more than what you know.

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

I still can’t believe how dumb Nashville is. The smart move would have been to get DeBoer in there, as I don’t even like him either. Get a players coach with a reputation of working well with good amounts of talent.

now they settled for DBA for some reason and have a guy who is clueless on how to utilize the talent he has and never gets the most from his guys.

I’d be irate if I was a Nashville fan.

there is clearly something we don't see - hynes has essentially been universally praised in the hockey community - players, management, media, etc.

as much as i wanted him gone and thought he just wasn't working here - i'm sure it's the case where there's the right group of players (and they don't all have to be allstars) that will work with what he's teaching.

the devils didn't have the horses and his message got stale. he needed to be gone from here but i could very well see him succeed in nashville if the goaltending even gets back to middle of the pack.

i mean just like anything its always about having the right mix or players and coaches. Sometimes it's perfect, sometimes its only perfect for awhile (like Bob Hartley in Calgary... they did super well but then i guess they were not responding to his message anymore) and sometimes it's just not working out like Torts in Vancouver... I can't think of a worst mix... Torts and the Sedins... i told Nucks fans it was going to be a failure and they got mad at me... lol well

10 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm not quite as high on Laviolette as some are, and he won his lone Cup in that goofy 2005-06 season where legal checks led to penalties during the first quarter of the season...but based on his track record, he does seem able to keep his teams competitive for about 4-5 years (at which point he about runs his course).  He's a bit of a retread (his next HC gig will be his fifth), but Devils could do a lot worse with a HC hire...like others have noted, his teams do pick up points...he has a lifetime .588 point% as a HC.  I'm not going to be over-the-top excited if Shero were to nab him, but I'm not going to be ticked off about it in the slightest.  He does bring credibility with him.  

It's fair to wonder if Laviolette wants to take the rest of this season to catch his breath...he's been a HC for 18 seasons.  Not all of them have been full seasons, and in 2013-14, he was let go just three games into that campaign...but he may take a step back and not jump right back into the water.  This move may not even be in Shero's hands, as far as bringing Laviolette in-season goes.   

Yes, but he took 2 other teams to a Cup finals. Is there any other current coaches that can claim that? Obviously PDB and Babcock took 2, but I can’t think of another with 3...