2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

50 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That was awesome.  And, um, that was at the end of the 2nd period, and there was 24 seconds left on the clock...did they just say screw it and ended the period a little early?  I saw Calgary going to the locker room at the end of the video...

Yes they sent them off early. 

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Anyone catch the radio rant by a Sabres fan that went semi-viral the other day?

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1937880

He sounds a little bit crazy, granted, but I gotta say I love the passion. 

The misspelled alumni jerseys and having Danny Gare wear a knockoff jersey for a team fundraising event is beyond incredible.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

i don't see that happening, but I suppose its possible. If they are in the playoffs, I can't imagine they trade him away. 

Nobody's been discussing Taylor's stats here, so I looked them up. 7G, 10A in 19G. Pretty much the kind of pace he was doing here, just below PPG. More goals, less assists. 

39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

i don't see that happening, but I suppose its possible. If they are in the playoffs, I can't imagine they trade him away. 

Nobody's been discussing Taylor's stats here, so I looked them up. 7G, 10A in 19G. Pretty much the kind of pace he was doing here, just below PPG. More goals, less assists. 

I'm been sort of paying attention.  I haven't exactly been rooting for the guy to fail, but let's just say I'm not at all disappointed if he doesn't put up good numbers.  I'm not really surprised that he's posted similar stats to what he did here.  I feel like he's probably got a similar supporting cast.

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm been sort of paying attention.  I haven't exactly been rooting for the guy to fail, but let's just say I'm not at all disappointed if he doesn't put up good numbers.  I'm not really surprised that he's posted similar stats to what he did here.  I feel like he's probably got a similar supporting cast.

Really? Then why are they in first place and we suck?

lol

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Not fail too bad, as the worst possible thing that could happen would be for Arizona to win one of the top three picks.

Even if they finish with the 15th pick I’m worried they’re going to win one of the top 3 picks. It’s just the way these drafts seem to go lately. 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Really? Then why are they in first place and we suck?

lol

Because they've had a decent coach all year and we had a guy named Hynes for 40 games?  Because they don't have a guy named Schneider and we do?

They've got 14 more points than us with 3 games in hand.  If we happened to win those 3, that lead is just 8 points.  8 points ahead of us after we've had an abysmal season.  

Essentially though I was just commenting on the fact that when I look at their roster I don't see any huge names other than Kessel and Larsson.. 

The Coyotes are 7-9-3 since acquiring Hall, and 1-5-3 in their last 9.  I’m sure the Yotes are quite surprised by that.  He’s simply hasn’t made that much of an impact, despite having solid offensive numbers since going there.

• Like 1

Coyotes fans on HF are saying the same sh!t we said for years.

“He’s the best player on the team. Seems like he’s the only one trying out there. Etc.”

It’s easy for us to use hindsight now but he’s just not good for team dynamic. I’m sure there were Oilers fans who said the same thing. Not that he’s a locker room cancer, but I think his style is too controlling. And Hynes was happy to make him the go to guy.

I wanted Hall to re-sign but I’m happy he’s gone. Hope I don’t sound bitter but I think we’re better off without him.

• Like 1

Ilya Kovalchuk has informed the Montreal Canadiens that he would like to hold off on contract negotiations.

Kovi told TSN that he would rather focus on getting the team into the playoffs rather than on himself.

lol. Yeah suuuuuure. The reason why you don't want to sign an extension is because you want to focus on the success of the team and not yourself... it has nothing to do with cranking your value to get another contract on a better team or get traded to a contender..."

i mean... who would even begin to believe that bs ? 

Edited by SterioDesign

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

lol. Yeah suuuuuure. The reason why you don't want to sign an extension is because you want to focus on the success of the team and not yourself... it has nothing to do with cranking your value to get another contract on a better team or get traded to a contender..."

i mean... who would even begin to believe that bs ? 

Not I. Guy was cut from his prior team, now he’s too cool to talk about a job for next year?

Doubt that. 

20 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not I. Guy was cut from his prior team, now he’s too cool to talk about a job for next year?

Doubt that. 

i mean to be fair to him the Kings are also a big mess so it obviously affected his stats. I mean Coleman has more goals than their top player right now lol he's been fine, even good since he joined MTL who are half decent

I know its great to jump to the conclusion that Kovy sucks now... but we can't make excuses for Jack's low points total on a sh!t team... then turn around and ignore the same situation for Kovy lol 

• Like 2