2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

9 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Well, it would be offensive to fans who forked out a ton of cash and brought their kids, etc, then had to leave after not even one period.

And yes, I'm sure they will get in to the make up game for free but time is still lost.

Baseball games get called all the time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Well, it would be offensive to fans who forked out a ton of cash and brought their kids, etc, then had to leave after not even one period.

And yes, I'm sure they will get in to the make up game for free but time is still lost.

Honestly, anyone offended by that can go fvck themselves. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Ya, stopping the game is ridiculous. He collapsed on the bench, not even the ice.  What's the difference between this and someone getting their head rammed into the boards? Both are life threatening but the game continues for the second one.

This is a business FFS, on with the gaddam show

When did NJDevs turn into twitter with these hot takes?

• Like 5

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

1) If he’s willing to re-sign, that problem is solved, and 

2) I don’t know how you would know that, but even if it’s true, even with a big raise, he’s still making peanuts, giving your team a little life, and he’s a veteran presence plus alt captain material. 

I’d rather have all of that over crap plus a 3rd two years from now.

I will admit I do not have a crystal ball and cannot predict the future.  However, if he does re-sign I think it is more likely than not that he will not be as effective as he is now than when we are good in a few years.

I think veteran presence is a little overrated and can easily be replaced by better players in UFA.  

I am just in the general mindset that this current group of players are just not worth moving forward with outside of Hughes, Nico and Blackwood.  The quicker we can move away from this guys the quicker we can get to better days.

5 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Why does expressing my opinion on here be compared to EMO teenagers on Twitter?  IF you don't agree with me that's cool, but I'm entitled to my opinion like anyone else.

And I’m entitled to say it would have been a garbage move for them to force players to continue when one of their teammates could literally be dying. Some things are more important than a game. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Baseball players have teenage princess level toughness when it comes to dealing with diversity.

Oh fvck off you useless piece of sh!t troll. Yes, your takes are easily as hot as the ones posted by emo teenagers you see on Twitter. 

It's adversity you stupid jackass.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

How do you block posters again? And yes the word I should have used is adversity 

If someone explain it with too much clarity... You won't have too much people reading your next messages. 
Just sayin'... 

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

it happened to Rich Peverley too few years ago in Dallas

And a guy on the Wings years back. I still remember the images of the players sprinting with the gurney across the ice.

Didn't that Rangers’ prospect drop dead on the bench during a game (overseas) in like 05-06?

EDIT: Both names escape me and I’m on my phone. I do remember both were European, maybe even both Russian.

Edited by jagknife

20 minutes ago, jagknife said:

And a guy on the Wings years back. I still remember the images of the players sprinting with the gurney across the ice.

Didn't that Rangers’ prospect drop dead on the bench during a game (overseas) in like 05-06?

EDIT: Both names escape me and I’m on my phone. I do remember both were European, maybe even both Russian.

Alexi Cherepanov was the rangers prospect. Kid was only 18 and Jagr had a hard time dealing with his death. I think he was on the bench next to him when it happened.  

EDIT: He was 19.

Edited by NJDevils1214

4 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Why does expressing my opinion on here be compared to EMO teenagers on Twitter?  IF you don't agree with me that's cool, but I'm entitled to my opinion like anyone else.

4 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

And I’m entitled to say it would have been a garbage move for them to force players to continue when one of their teammates could literally be dying. Some things are more important than a game. 

Yup, it works both ways like that. Everyone gets an opinion, even if it’s stupid. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, it works both ways like that. Everyone gets an opinion, even if it’s stupid. 

I think you summarized my general problem with social media right there.

Stupid people don't need platforms to voice their stupid opinions and find other stupid people that feel the same way.

Edit: And I'm not calling anyone in this thread out with this post.  I'm talking in a much more grand sense here.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1