2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

So they had a tanker and three F-16’s do the flyover at the Academy. If only there was a significantly cooler plane just a state south that would really get the crowd fired up... lol I’m not biased at all.

also, having two cadets marshal the teams to the ice was kinda lame...

But the set up is sick, already seen a few people I know

I can't stand either team so watching this game felt like a chore. First hat trick in any outdoor game though which is surprising since this was the 30th game. I thought the uniforms were terrible for both teams. 

They also announced Carolina next year for one of these stadium series games. No opponent announced yet. 

Also was interesting that there was no handshake line after this game. Not that I really care that there wasn't but handshakes have been the norm for these outdoor games for awhile now. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Apparently the biggest complaint from last night was the traffic getting on/off campus. I saw an article trying to pin the blame on the NHL for it. It’s a military campus, the guards have protocol they HAVE to go through when you get on. Getting off the base though was a nightmare, between the crappy conditions of the roads and the parking lots, it took people HOURS to get out, let alone home.

34 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Apparently the biggest complaint from last night was the traffic getting on/off campus. I saw an article trying to pin the blame on the NHL for it. It’s a military campus, the guards have protocol they HAVE to go through when you get on. Getting off the base though was a nightmare, between the crappy conditions of the roads and the parking lots, it took people HOURS to get out, let alone home.

Was this the article? I will say while I didn't care for the outdoor games the two I attended, devils vs rangers and islanders vs rangers at Yankee stadium were extremely easy to get in and out of at least. The only major issue I had was the 90 minute delay to the start of the devils vs rangers game. 

This does sound like a mess... 

https://thednvr.com/nhl-forgets-fans-are-the-point-with-disastrous-stadium-series/

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Was this the article? I will say while I didn't care for the outdoor games the two I attended, devils vs rangers and islanders vs rangers at Yankee stadium were extremely easy to get in and out of at least. The only major issue I had was the 90 minute delay to the start of the devils vs rangers game. 

This does sound like a mess... 

https://thednvr.com/nhl-forgets-fans-are-the-point-with-disastrous-stadium-series/

That’s the article, but it dramatizes most of it. I’ve spoken with the group now that they’re sober-ish and they said it wasn’t that bad at all minus the delays. People who have been there or are from the Springs knew it wasn’t going to be easy getting in and out

EDIT: so it’s partly true, more articles are coming out. But people are acting shocked it wasn’t that easy to get onto a freaking military base...

Edited by jagknife

On 2/16/2020 at 5:46 PM, MadDog2020 said:

Damn. PL3 was getting death threats from some nut job. https://www.traderumours.com/index.php?blog=12821

Insane. I thought he had hung up the skates and moved on with his family.  One of the nicest guys we ever got to know, hands the size of cinderblocks.  One tough SOB who played the game as hard as anyone. Not the most talented guy on the ice at any level but a guy to go to war with.  They've changed some rules in that league but still just a sh!tshow on ice. Not sure why he would even be interested in being there. Last we talked he was living in upstate NY.

• Like 1