2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I never thought I’d say this, but I feel bad for Henrik Lundqvist. Dude has played his heart out for years for that team, and not only is he benched, he’s part of some weird three goalies system where he has no idea when or if he will ever get to play. I can’t imagine what it would have been like if we had done this to Marty during his last year. 

Just kidding, I don’t feel bad, fvck the Rangers and fvck King Nothing. 

Last year I told some rags fans at work this was going to happen if he didn't get traded then around last seasons deadline.  Why would a young rebuilding team use a 37 year old goalie as their foundation in goal when they have two valuable prospects that are just coming of age.  I didn't see why the rags would ever want to move either one of those guys and keep him.  And that fake king should have seen this coming.  Fvck him.

8 minutes ago, xxchaznjxx said:

Last year I told some rags fans at work this was going to happen if he didn't get traded then around last seasons deadline.  Why would a young rebuilding team use a 37 year old goalie as their foundation in goal when they have two valuable prospects that are just coming of age.  I didn't see why the rags would ever want to move either one of those guys and keep him.  And that fake king should have seen this coming.  Fvck him.

Now’s a good time to remind everyone of this frightening graphic that appeared during last year’s draft:

48105922721_6a613e06e1_b.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I never thought I’d say this, but I feel bad for Henrik Lundqvist. Dude has played his heart out for years for that team, and not only is he benched, he’s part of some weird three goalies system where he has no idea when or if he will ever get to play. I can’t imagine what it would have been like if we had done this to Marty during his last year. 

Not that I ever had respect for him to begin with but I love seeing him being absolutely miserable after that piece of sh!t took a victory lap on our ice in the 08 playoffs. I've never heard Chico so mad before, I actually think he would have jumped him if he was playing.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

When I read this, part of me was like "Wow, yeah, that does suck", and I started to feel a little bad for him.  I credit this to your writing skills and your ability to reach into our hearts and play on our emotions.  But then when I read your last line, I did a 180, as it made so much more sense, and I smiled with relief, as I don't feel bad for him either.   

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Not that I ever had respect for him to begin with but I love seeing him being absolutely miserable after that piece of sh!t took a victory lap on our ice in the 08 playoffs. I've never heard Chico so mad before, I actually think he would have jumped him if he was playing.

Thanks, I was having a good day and now I'm angry again.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

We paid him back for that sh!t in 2012.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Good for him!  I am not saying he is playing bad for his team.  I am saying he isn't quite as valuable to our team as many fans think he was.

His biggest value for the team was the return we got for him. I think the Devils sold at his highest or nearly highest value. But I don’t begrudge people for clinging to him a bit, as he was one of the very few bright spots to the last couple of years. 

I also don’t think there are that many people upset over it. That segment is unfortunately just very loud. 

• Like 1