2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

His biggest value for the team was the return we got for him. I think the Devils sold at his highest or nearly highest value. But I don’t begrudge people for clinging to him a bit, as he was one of the very few bright spots to the last couple of years. 

I also don’t think there are that many people upset over it. That segment is unfortunately just very loud. 

This place alone was in full meltdown mode even before they saw what the return was.  Go look at the first 1-2 pages of the Coleman thread lol.

But yeah it was the perfect time to sell him.  I liked him but I was just kinda done with him just like I am done with this chapter of Devils history.  I am ready to move on to the Hughes/Hischier/Blackwood chapter of the Devils.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Looks like the Bruins are out on Palmieri.

The package they just shipped out to the Ducks is probably what we would've been looking at, I'd imagine.

Actually it looks like Bruins fans think this could open things up for another move...

31 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Looks like the Bruins are out on Palmieri.

The package they just shipped out to the Ducks is probably what we would've been looking at, I'd imagine.

Is it confirmed that we're actually shopping Palmieri?  I'll still be pretty pissed if he's traded, even if the return is relative to what we got for Coleman. 

9 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Is it confirmed that we're actually shopping Palmieri?  I'll still be pretty pissed if he's traded, even if the return is relative to what we got for Coleman. 

If Coleman is worth a prospect who was a recent first and a future 1st, Palmieri should be worth the same plus another asset at least. 

I personally like the guy and think he should be retained. But if he is to be traded, I want to see a pretty decent return. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't think it's confirmed but of course there's been all sorts of speculation.

I agree that I'd prefer the Devils keep him - you need SOMEONE to put the puck in the net.  But if they were to trade him I hope Fitz would be targeting more of a "hockey trade" i.e. a younger less proven but talented player that can step into the lineup.  

Palms @ 50% retained is a bargain.  30 goal scorer for a 2.5ish cap hit next season would be pretty sweet to a team in "win now" mode.

14 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I don't think it's confirmed but of course there's been all sorts of speculation.

I agree that I'd prefer the Devils keep him - you need SOMEONE to put the puck in the net.  But if they were to trade him I hope Fitz would be targeting more of a "hockey trade" i.e. a younger less proven but talented player that can step into the lineup.  

Palms @ 50% retained is a bargain.  30 goal scorer for a 2.5ish cap hit next season would be pretty sweet to a team in "win now" mode.

I believe Fitz when he said he isn't actively shopping anyone. The Coleman trade got other teams interested and now it has elevated to more than just kicking the tires. They're making some serious offers so you have to listen.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Does Noah Hanifin suck?  Rumblings that he might be the main piece we get for Palms.

Wasn't Hanifin linked to a proposal for Hall few months ago? I guess people wanna re-use the same rumor for another Devils winger : ) 

5 minutes ago, moustic said:

Wasn't Hanifin linked to a proposal for Hall few months ago? I guess people wanna re-use the same rumor for another Devils winger : ) 

That’s what Cordell said today. He also seems to think Hanafin sucks.

I know nothing of Hanafin other than he was decent in Carolina and he makes a shade under $5m for the next 5 years. I read somewhere we might be also looking at Bennett from CGY, so Hanafin + Bennett for Palms and Severson? Maybe?

Edited by jagknife

20 minutes ago, jagknife said:

That’s what Cordell said today. He also seems to think Hanafin sucks.

I know nothing of Hanafin other than he was decent in Carolina and he makes a shade under $5m for the next 5 years. I read somewhere we might be also looking at Bennett from CGY, so Hanafin + Bennett for Palms and Severson? Maybe?

For fvcks sake Sam Bennett is the subject of every laughable Hf boards proposal.  He makes Miles Wood look like Jagr in his prime.   That’s a deal that would really make me follow through on never watching the team ever again.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

For fvcks sake Sam Bennett is the subject of every laughable Hf boards proposal.  He makes Miles Wood look like Jagr in his prime.   That’s a deal that would really make me follow through on never watching the team ever again.

Do you have popcorn to go with all of that salt?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Do you have popcorn to go with all of that salt?

Sorry, the thought of giving up even a used puck for Sam Bennett triggers me.  You like hearing “elite penalty killer” with Zacha, wait til the you hear the rationalizations that Bennett doesn’t suck.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Sorry, the thought of giving up even a used puck for Sam Bennett triggers me.  You like hearing “elite penalty killer” with Zacha, wait til the you heat the rationalizations that Bennett doesn’t suck.

Hey man, fair enough. I just had heard things and threw a spit ball at the wall. Maybe Zacha for him then 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

If Daniel promises never to watch again, I’ll pay Bennett’s salary. 

• Haha 1