2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I just read, don’t remember where cause of course I can’t find it anymore and don’t remember the source, speculation in return for Palms would be a first and two NHL-Ready prospects

well if true that'd be super hard to pass up. Well if the prospects are projected to be a top4 D or atop 6 F at least

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

Does Noah Hanifin suck?  Rumblings that he might be the main piece we get for Palms.

Don’t think he’s been very good this season, but he’s young, and was a former top 5 pick who was an All Star a couple years ago...

Edited by Nicomo

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

King nothing was a healthy scratch tonight for the first time in his career. I love it. 

Wait, what the heck have they been doing up to now? Scratching whichever of the Russians wasn’t starting and letting The King sit there as a backup?

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wait, what the heck have they been doing up to now? Scratching whichever of the Russians wasn’t starting and letting The King sit there as a backup?

Yup lol I know this kid Shesterkin has been playing really well but I don't hate his guts just yet so I'm just enjoying seeing King nothing fulfill his destiny of not winning a cup with them...

https://www.newsday.com/amp/sports/hockey/rangers/rangers-hurricanes-henrik-lundqvist-1.42046254

Lundqvist had served as the backup for eight straight games, behind either Igor Shesterkin or Alexandar Georgiev. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm not jealous either and seeing king nothing fall from grace is very enjoyable. I'm so happy he never won a cup with them. They sure did come close during that window but in the end the king always crumbled when it mattered the most. 

image.gif.51c78782b8d218bc625333af3e82623a.gif

• Haha 3

Not for nothing I'd take Shesterkin over McKenzie all day and twice on Sunday. I'm more reserved on Henrik too because if they break him down he may walk away or agree to be dealt which saves them a huge cap hit next year. Which would then get them out of a bind with others they may not be able to afford. Best case for them is if he gone one way or the other next season. 

Edited by titans04

3 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Not for nothing I'd take Shesterkin over McKenzie all day and twice on Sunday. I'm more reserved on Henrik too because if they break him down he may walk away or agree to be dealt which saves them a huge cap hit next year. Which would then get them out of a bind with others they may not be able to afford. Best case for them is if he gone one way or the other next season. 

Why? He’s only played 9 games in the NHL so far. Mac is bigger (6”4 > 6”2) and was taken 2 rounds earlier...

The Russian kid might have had all the hype coming in, but Mac looks like a stud at this point. 

I think he's way ahead of where McKenzie was when he first came up. He's 8-1 with a save % of. 938 and a 2.25 goals against. I think he quickness is much better as well. Time will tell. Unfortunately I think the Rags have two goalies going forward with Georgiev being as good as Mac too. Thankfully we have Cory too. Best case for us is Henrik refuses to move and forces them into a corner. None of this is a knock on Mac I think he'll be fine. 

6 hours ago, titans04 said:

I think he's way ahead of where McKenzie was when he first came up. He's 8-1 with a save % of. 938 and a 2.25 goals against. I think he quickness is much better as well. Time will tell. Unfortunately I think the Rags have two goalies going forward with Georgiev being as good as Mac too. Thankfully we have Cory too. Best case for us is Henrik refuses to move and forces them into a corner. None of this is a knock on Mac I think he'll be fine. 

Regardless of where mac is compared to either of the Rangers goalies, here’s my take on part of your concern:

Both young goalies know they have talent. I think there is less than a 5% chance BOTH of the elect to stay with NY and be happy about splitting time 50-50 even though the NHL seems to be trending in the direction of splitting time. Unlike the Marty years or even the idea of the sole superstar goalie. I firmly believed unless a guy is the second coming of say Price/Hank/Fluery/Marty, you really wont see guys start more than 65 games, but with that being said, the luster of Broadway only lasts so long before people want out. And for some strange masochistic reason, Hank wants to go down with the ship, waving goodbye to his cup chances. Guess the goal medals and loyalty to a singular organization are more important? (This of course will be proven hysterically wrong when Hank gets traded by Monday night and then both of their goalies attend a press conference that afternoon saying they love each other and fully support one another and will do whatever it takes to win, including riding the bench, for years to come)

7 hours ago, titans04 said:

He’s also 24 years old, and has a defense with guys like Trouba, DeAngelo, Fox, etc. 

Give him our defense (especially without Vatanen) and see how he looks lol 

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

He’s also 24 years old, and has a defense with guys like Trouba, DeAngelo, Fox, etc. 

Give him our defense (especially without Vatanen) and see how he looks lol 

True. At the same time we haven't played a meaningful game since November and he's basically been playing do or die games for them as they cling to life support to try and make the playoffs. 

Deangelo is a terrible defender. Fox is ok, Troubas contract is going to cost them for years to come. 

As for keeping them both if they can move 30 out, won't the both be pinned down a while before becoming UFA's. 

Again nothing but good things to say about Blackwood. We're lucky to have him. Just think Shesterkin may have a hire ceiling in the situation he's in. 

All while Cory and 30 steal their bloated paychecks.