2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

26 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The employee of the team thing makes sense and I’m sure that part will be addressed.  but I can tell you that no goalie wants to be scored on, regardless of the jersey they are wearing. 

I also think in the playoffs with an expanded roster, they would allow both teams to have a 3rd goalie who can dress if needed. For example we would have Senn in the building and if Binghamton was in the playoffs I’m sure Cam Johnson who we had in Binghamton last year and is currently in the ECHL would be happy to be on hand. 

What if an emergency goalie has to play in a shootout?

"Let's have the game decided by not playing hockey with a guy who isn't a hockey player in goal". Might as well just bring out the Score-O board, pick three fans per team, and let that decide the game. 

14 hours ago, moustic said:

The Bobby Ryan come back with a hat-trick is a great story...  

I had no idea about what he was going through.  I thought he was just another guy that was to be LTIR'd in perpetuity because of his awful contract.

Really an amazing comeback so far.  

Does anyone have a good POC or recommendation to message the team and actually get a response?

I have a Zajac picture that was autographed years ago but has since faded atrociously (the signature). And was gonna try to hit them up and see if some how I could miraculously get him to sign it again.

12 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Another blown year of Eichel's prime on the Sabres.

I wonder if he ever asks for a trade?

And they have Dahlin, too. For all the people that are so bummed by our “disappointing #1’s” just remember it takes more than a couple great players in hockey. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Oilers put up 8 on the Preds tonight.

What's the quickest a coach has ever been fired? The lizardman seems to be over his head.

I wonder if Duchene and Forsberg even played double digit minutes...

On 3/1/2020 at 11:14 AM, Nicomo said:

And they have Dahlin, too. For all the people that are so bummed by our “disappointing #1’s” just remember it takes more than a couple great players in hockey. 

They have WAY more than Dahlin. They've been picking in the bottom half for over a decade now. Again this shows some context that it's really not easy to build a team and there's really no guaranteed timeline. 

2008 - 12th -Tyler Myers

2009 - 13th - Zach Kassian

2010 - 23rd - Mark Pysyk

2011 - 16th - Joel Armia

2012 - 12th - Mikhail Grigorenko

2012 - 14th - Zemhus Girgensons

2013 - 8th - Rasmus Ristolainen

2013 - 16th - Nikita Zadorov

2014 - 2nd - Sam Reinhart

2015 - 2nd - Jack Eichel

2016 - 8th - Alexander Nylander

2017 - 8th - Casey Mittelstadt

2018 - 1st - Rasmus Dahlin

2019 - 7th - Dylan Cozens

116067788_ScreenShot2020-03-03at12_34_31AM.thumb.png.b98650d0cc31a009b4f76a07fe4ab48a.png

12 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Oilers put up 8 on the Preds tonight.

What's the quickest a coach has ever been fired? The lizardman seems to be over his head.

Crazy as it sounds, Hynes' point% as the Preds' head coach is slightly higher than Laviolette's was this season (.5625 to .5488).  It definitely doesn't feel that way.  

46 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Crazy as it sounds, Hynes' point% as the Preds' head coach is slightly higher than Laviolette's was this season (.5625 to .5488).  It definitely doesn't feel that way.  

Wow I would have never, ever guessed that.  Great find.