2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

12 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I saw that but from their statement it was 100% about the fact they wouldn't make as much money on international sales if they released in April vs November. A November release feels right anyway since that's when a lot of them were normally released anyway but at least they were honest about it being about money lol

Ah sh!t...November? I thought I saw September. I need my Ana de Armas fix. :wub:

becasue c-virus i willn`t going to knight reconstruction big event that happenin once in the year here.

anyway if i was a big producer i`ll spent money for cameras and crew and make online big movie with flying cameras and cameras on helmets in the days when there are no audience on stadium. translate in online, cameras didnt hurt visibility and willnt hurt the process.  If you have specific circumstances - benefit from it. But betman isn`t smart enough to make something new that didnt happened in other american big sports leagues. 

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's a weird mix here of people wanting everything shut down and then others who think this is just like the regular flu. I'm not sure what to make of it yet but I won't be upset if they start canceling things around here (also helps the Devils aren't in the playoffs so it definitely hurts less with that aspect lol) 

There's definitely less people taking public transportation and I have several friends who were told they can work from home for now until we see how this plays out. 

It's just weird to me though that if this is as serious as they are making it out to be that the mayor of NYC would keep saying the st. Patrick's day parade for next Tuesday isn't canceled yet and no arenas or Broadway theatres here are closed yet. I won't proclaim to know what's best but I fail to see how 2 million people showing up for a parade next Tuesday all standing next to each other in tight quarters makes any sense. 

Here all even with more than 1000 people are cancelled until further information... (this is a good way for the governement to try to shut down the massive strikes that take place in France these days ; ) )
But for example, the big champion ship match of Paris in Football (yeah.. that's the name of this sport ; ) ) will be without people in the stadium. This is a critical game for Paris but they have shut it down (that will be a really weird game to follow on tv) 

schools getting closed as well. scarsdale closed schools for the rest of the month!

most towns around me are closing at least one day this week to prepare for eventual longer closing.

while i think most healthy people will have little to no issue with this, I can appreciate the desire to overcompensate and contain it.

NBA game will be played with no fans. I just don't see this helping anything in the long run. A lot of people are still going to get it because of how easily it is transmitted in the air. I just takes 1 person who has it with no symptoms going to a restaurant or mall or whatever. Either way, the virus isn't going anywhere anytime soon large gatherings or not.  

22 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

NBA game will be played with no fans. I just don't see this helping anything in the long run. A lot of people are still going to get it because of how easily it is transmitted in the air. I just takes 1 person who has it with no symptoms going to a restaurant or mall or whatever. Either way, the virus isn't going anywhere anytime soon large gatherings or not.  

It certainly will help it not spread as fast and overload the hospitals with people if they get sick from it. Most people will end up staying at home as well. 

i like the approach that the Devils took for games... basically... we're not going to cancel anything but please use your common sense that if you know you're at risk of having it after travelling or wtv... stay home. And if you're scared of catching it, stay home too. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i like the approach that the Devils took for games... basically... we're not going to cancel anything but please use your common sense that if you know you're at risk of having it after travelling or wtv... stay home. And if you're scared of catching it, stay home too. 

The problem here is that you cannot trust the average person to use their best judgement.

42 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I mean... we’re still at 14 points for a tragic number.... 😂

Its strange isn't it? I am guessing you have to have percentage odds of at least one decimal place to get on there. Otherwise it will just look a bit stupid. 

17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

For some reason that made me think of Wayne Gretzky's 10-year-old season, spent with the Brantford Nadrofsky Steelers...378 goals and 139 assists in 68 GP.  And jealous parents of other kids would actually boo him.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

For some reason that made me think of Wayne Gretzky's 10-year-old season, spent with the Brantford Nadrofsky Steelers...378 goals and 139 assists in 68 GP.  And jealous parents of other kids would actually boo him.  

It made me think of a UFC fighter going to an intermediate school and picking a fight with a sixth grader. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That bum should learn to pass. Wait... 

• Like 1

Oh please Tie...Scott had much better things to do than ever acknowledge you.  Like winning championships and making the Hall Of Fame.  You were likely very firmly in the “not worth the trouble” category, in Scott’s eyes.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 5

And this clip probably sums up this "let me rag on a far superior player in the hopes that I might get some undeserved attention" clown better than any other:

Tough guy indeed.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1