2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

The logo and the jerseys are pretty cool, just don’t care for the name.

My thoughts exactly - I think they actually did a great job on the logo and jersey/colors, which is a total surprise to me because they usually bomb hard.  But the name I still don't care for, but as SH said, not my team, so all in all I don't really care.  It'll be nice having an even number of teams in the league again, and hope they stop at 32 forever now.  No need to expand beyond that.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, devlman said:

Wish they would’ve gone w a green color base. We have enough blue in the league and green is the Emerald City’s color I thought.

While I like the jerseys, this would have made a lot more sense. 

Let me also say again that I hate when a team name isn't plural. If we were the New Jersey Devil that would annoy the crap out of me. 

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

While I like the jerseys, this would have made a lot more sense. 

Let me also say again that I hate when a team name isn't plural. If we were the New Jersey Devil that would annoy the crap out of me. 

Thoughts on the Blues?

12 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Thoughts on the Blues?

I'm not sure if that's singular or plural. If "i've got the blues", I am upset about everything, not just one thing. So it could be plural.

Blues music is one kind of music, so maybe singular. 

That said, it sounds plural because of the S so that's close enough for me. Cincinnati Reds, St. Louis Blues. Ok. 

I would have made an exception for Anaheim, because I like the concept that there is one singular "Mighty Duck" somewhere, but they got rid of the Mighty anyway. 

32 minutes ago, NewarkDevil5 said:

I think they should have gone Seattle Choppers.... 🤫

The Seattle Grunge. Flannel jerseys. 

90’s forever. 

EDIT: Yes, I would hate this for being singular also. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 3

So what are the odds that we're not protecting Subban for the expansion draft and that Ron think it would be a good PR move to get a "former Norris winner" and an attention whore on the team for marketing purpose? Also one that could help reaching the floor.

Please ?