2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

meh do you think they really care the guy is sh!t and they got out from his dreadful contract which was a mistake. My guess is they would be happier the see McD lift the cup and not even notice Shattenkirk was even on the ice. 

Amazing to me they were able to unload the entire Staal cap hit for a 2nd round pick. That sucks because it gives them some much needed room. As for the bright lights, yeah we can make fun but I'm jealous when the best I can hope for is junk like Subban/Simmonds and hoping the last years of Panarin's contract comes back to bite them (assuming they can't find a way out of it - which I would bet they do). 

Weaponized cap space rules though. Just waiting to see it deployed.

then there's sh!t like this:

the thread is a rather long one, essentially says he investigated it and Eichel is tired of losing but is committed to Buffalo and Buffalo has taken calls but doesn't appear to be interested in moving him at this time.

Edited by titans04

12 minutes ago, titans04 said:

meh do you think they really care the guy is sh!t and they got out from his dreadful contract which was a mistake. My guess is they would be happier the see McD lift the cup and not even notice Shattenkirk was even on the ice. 

Amazing to me they were able to unload the entire Staal cap hit for a 2nd round pick. That sucks because it gives them some much needed room. As for the bright lights, yeah we can make fun but I'm jealous when the best I can hope for is junk like Subban/Simmonds and hoping the last years of Panarin's contract comes back to bite them (assuming they can't find a way out of it - which I would bet they do). 

the thread is a rather long one, essentially says he investigated it and Eichel is tired of losing but is committed to Buffalo and Buffalo has taken calls but doesn't appear to be interested in moving him at this time.

fvck me for thinking NYR winning the lotto would be the cherry on top of this pile of dog sh!t year, right? 

33 minutes ago, titans04 said:

it's just common sense at this point, nobody would choose NJ over NYR right now. Why would you? One team is on the way up and the other isn't. One has a highly touted goalie, a near-MVP, great young prospects, etc. 

You can make fun of the "hustle and bustle" all you like, but if we're being honest, they are a WAY better situation than we are right now. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

it's just common sense at this point, nobody would choose NJ over NYR right now. Why would you? One team is on the way up and the other isn't. One has a highly touted goalie, a near-MVP, great young prospects, etc. 

You can make fun of the "hustle and bustle" all you like, but if we're being honest, they are a WAY better situation than we are right now. 

I intend to. 😄

• Like 1

McKenzie goes on to say Eichel isn't going anywhere at this time so there's nothing to see here.  He did say he believes Buffalo took and made calls and he believed the NYR called. He said both the team and Eichel are tired of losing but are committed to winning. 

Yeah Mfitz as much as the rags can choke on a bag of dicks and we can make fun of them all day long when it comes to free agents we can't compete. So those bright lights and that city which I can't stand working in draws the biggest names like flies on sh!t.  I can't even pretend to know what it's like to envision being that kind of draw for the best available players most off seasons.

The solice of having won cups however many years ago doesn't cut it any more for me, it's time to turn the page and finally move this team forward and unfortunately I think we're still missing  way too many pieces to be taken seriously any time soon. Hopefully I'm wrong.

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don't think we should trade assets for his rights. I mean... now we know Colorado and vegas interested. And probably many more. If you're Krugz and you're traded to NJ to talk about a deal. Do you sign a deal right away? Or you wait a few days to see what other wayyyy better teams will offer me? I think we all know the answer to that. So we'd be throwing an asset away for sure, even if its not much, we need all the assets we need

If im Fitz im definitely calling if he makes it to free agency though

i've been wrong about this before though and was surprised when a player signed with a team who traded for his rights when i was sure he wouldnt. They say there's something about feeling like you're wanted and a team committing to you. So i wouldn't be upset if Fitz tries... but i really don't think he'd bite.

Edited by SterioDesign

I know better than to share Єklund (2.3% accurate) stuff. But this is not a trade rumour or wtv. 

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Єklund (2.3% accurate)/NHL-Considering-Options-To-Help-Players--Teams-Deal-wFlat-Cap-Mons-Buzz/1/107604

He's basically saying he's hearing the league is looking into ways how he could help teams out because the cap and all that stuff will fvck some teams pretty bad.

Now... I understand the notion of... trying to save the smaller teams to make sure they can survive and i can agree with that... So this could be a really good thing. But why am i getting the impression that wtv they do, that's going to play against us and mostly going to save the rich teams ass again? 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

The Devils prospect pool of under 22 age players was ranked 2nd behind only NY (yes they’re about to add Laf but we’re adding 3 1st rounders including #7OA) and we also have a really good young goalie. 

Where the Rags pull away is the FA signings like Panarin. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

While we’re at it- Nico, Bratt, 7th overall. That gets an Eichel conversation started I think. 

If the conversation is how to ruin our future...

Eichel is a stud, and probably a top 5 player, but we’re not even close to being only one player away. As good as he is he hasn’t moved the needle much in Buffalo, and he wouldn’t in NJ either. 

The plan should be to build around Nico, Jack, Mac, Bratt, Smith, and whoever we take at 7. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

The Devils prospect pool of under 22 age players was ranked 2nd behind only NY (yes they’re about to add Laf but we’re adding 3 1st rounders including #7OA) and we also have a really good young goalie. 

Where the Rags pull away is the FA signings like Panarin. 

I don’t think Blackwood is touted anywhere nearly as highly as Sh!tstork, I mean yes, he’s played well, but he was also demoted to the ECHL just a couple years ago and didn’t have a great start. Part of that is our awful defense letting him get shelled, granted. 

They also made the fake playoffs while we sucked a d!ck again, that doesn’t help either. 

If I were looking at it from the outside instead of as a fan, one team looks like they are making an effort and one kind of never does. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Eichel is a stud, and probably a top 5 player, but we’re not even close to being only one player away. As good as he is he hasn’t moved the needle much in Buffalo, and he wouldn’t in NJ either. 

The plan should be to build around Nico, Jack, Mac, Bratt, Smith, and whoever we take at 7. 

Yeah, I would not include Nico in any deal right now. While he’s not “untouchable” per se, you’re looking to move the needle and you aren’t going to do that by trading away Nico. Or high draft picks, for that matter. 

In a world where we were “one player away” (I’m not sure that actually exists), maybe you consider it. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t think Blackwood is touted anywhere nearly as highly as Sh!tstork, I mean yes, he’s played well, but he was also demoted to the ECHL just a couple years ago and didn’t have a great start. Part of that is our awful defense letting him get shelled, granted. 

They also made the fake playoffs while we sucked a d!ck again, that doesn’t help either. 

If I were looking at it from the outside instead of as a fan, one team looks like they are making an effort and one kind of never does

Idk how you can say that. Trading for Subban, trading for Gusev, definitely seems like effort to me. This season certainly went all kinds of sideways, but there was a lot of hype about this team last summer. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, I would not include Nico in any deal right now. While he’s not “untouchable” per se, you’re looking to move the needle and you aren’t going to do that by trading away Nico. Or high draft picks, for that matter. 

In a world where we were “one player away” (I’m not sure that actually exists), maybe you consider it. 

If TB goes on to win the Cup a strong case could be made that Coleman helped put them over the top. They’ve had all the skill in the world for years, but he was the perfect addition to that team. Especially for playoff hockey. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Eichel is a franchise player. I’m not arguing that we shouldn’t build around Nico and Hughes, but if Jack Eichel is available, you best believe I’m inquiring on what it would take. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I don't think we should trade assets for his rights. I mean... now we know Colorado and vegas interested. And probably many more. If you're Krugz and you're traded to NJ to talk about a deal. Do you sign a deal right away? Or you wait a few days to see what other wayyyy better teams will offer me? I think we all know the answer to that. So we'd be throwing an asset away for sure, even if its not much, we need all the assets we need

If im Fitz im definitely calling if he makes it to free agency though

i've been wrong about this before though and was surprised when a player signed with a team who traded for his rights when i was sure he wouldnt. They say there's something about feeling like you're wanted and a team committing to you. So i wouldn't be upset if Fitz tries... but i really don't think he'd bite.

For a 5th rounder, I’d take a shot.