2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

40 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I'd love to believe you but Gorton must have pictures of the other GMs doing some pretty shady sh!t, he always seems to get one of them to bail him out.

Well it's not even him... its just the city / team...

They've been doing the saaaaame sh!t for decades. Yet players keep flocking there.

It's truly like seeing girls constantly go after obvious douchebags with terrible reputations of fvcking over girls. Thinking it won't be the same with them. Then they obviously get fvcked over. And go "men are all the same!!!" lol No you're just a dumb bitch who can't see giant red flags, thats on you.

Players signing huge contracts in NY are the same way.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

They've been doing the saaaaame sh!t for decades. Yet players keep flocking there.

It's truly like seeing girls constantly go after obvious douchebags with terrible reputations of fvcking over girls. Thinking it won't be the same with them. Then they obviously get fvcked over. And go "men are all the same!!!" lol No you're just a dumb bitch who can't see giant red flags, thats on you.

The return of girlfriend analogies, long overdue.

So basically Panarin = dumb bitch. 

45 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

WHO HURT YOU?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The return of girlfriend analogies, long overdue.

So basically Panarin = dumb bitch. 

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

WHO HURT YOU?

To be fair i'm quite neutral about the situation. lol I have a bunch of close girl friends who did exactly what i said... on one hand i don't like to see them going through sh!t... but i also really like to be able to say "i told you so" to someone who ignored my advices... so its fine overall lol 

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

To be fair i'm quite neutral about the situation. lol I have a bunch of close girl friends who did exactly what i said... on one hand i don't like to see them going through sh!t... but i also really like to be able to say "i told you so" to someone who ignored my advices... so its fine overall lol 

No, not you man- you’d never say ‘I told ya so’. I just can’t envision this. 🙄😜😄

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

“The real SD” hangs out on his couch wearing a Freddy Kruger mask and glove. 

Speaking of which, your pictures of your horror stuff led me to seek to rekindle my youth, and I bought all of the Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Friday the 13th movies on Amazon. 

Watched the original Halloween last night for the first time in years and was so happy. So thanks for the inspiration. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Speaking of which, your pictures of your horror stuff led me to seek to rekindle my youth, and I bought all of the Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Friday the 13th movies on Amazon. 

Watched the original Halloween last night for the first time in years and was so happy. So thanks for the inspiration. 

First day of October tomorrow. Time to start cranking up the horror myself. 

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I have a hunch you get “Friend Zoned” a lot, heh heh.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

First and third Nightmares (both directed by Wes Craven of course) were awesome back in the day.  I haven’t seen them in forever...now I’m curious how they hold up.  I did like the second one too.  I’ve seen the others, but to me the true “Finale” was the third one.  

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

First and third Nightmares (both directed by Wes Craven of course) were awesome back in the day.  I haven’t seen them in forever...now I’m curious how they hold up.  I did like the second one too.  I’ve seen the others, but to me the true “Finale” was the third one.  

You’re 100% right. Two was the outlier, one was great, and 3 might have been just as good. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Sweet. It's actually one of my fav thing when i can get people motivated or get them to discover something pop culture wize. Every October since like... 2010 i've been creating a 31 movies in 31 days October Watch list, post it on social media and a lot of people try to follow it as much as they can. It's getting hard not to repeat some classics every year so i'm always trying to have some sort of concept. Since it's always super 80s heavy every year, this year i decided to start from 1990 til 2020 and pick a movie i've never seen from each year up til this year. Should be a fun month.

I had a radio show talking cult movies with 2 other buddies. But the radio station got a complaint about our show saying we said offensive stuff (obviously it wasn't really offensive but 2020...). So they wanted us to acknowledge what we said was problematic, write a long apology letter and we had to put disclaimers before our episodes in the future. We said fvck this sh!t and quit on the spot. Now we got all our own gear and we're continuing in podcast format, first new episode is next monday.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Chuck Russell directed the 3rd nightmare on elm street movie. Craven wrote an initial script for it but it was reworked and rewritten. I do have a copy of Craven's script here. It was similar but also pretty different lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Sweet. It's actually one of my fav thing when i can get people motivated or get them to discover something pop culture wize. Every October since like... 2010 i've been creating a 31 movies in 31 days October Watch list, post it on social media and a lot of people try to follow it as much as they can. It's getting hard not to repeat some classics every year so i'm always trying to have some sort of concept. Since it's always super 80s heavy every year, this year i decided to start from 1990 til 2020 and pick a movie i've never seen from each year up til this year. Should be a fun month.

I had a radio show talking cult movies with 2 other buddies. But the radio station got a complaint about our show saying we said offensive stuff (obviously it wasn't really offensive but 2020...). So they wanted us to acknowledge what we said was problematic, write a long apology letter and we had to put disclaimers before our episodes in the future. We said fvck this sh!t and quit on the spot. Now we got all our own gear and we're continuing in podcast format, first new episode is next monday.

Is it in French or English?

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Chuck Russell directed the 3rd nightmare on elm street movie. Craven wrote an initial script for it but it was reworked and rewritten. I do have a copy of Craven's script here. It was similar but also pretty different lol

The 3rd one was special to me since it was the first R rated movie I ever saw in the theater. I’m looking forward to seeing it again. 

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Is it in French or English?

That one is french. But i'm developing another show where we'd cover anthology tv series episodes like Twilight Zone, Tales from the Crypt, The Outer Limits etc etc And that one will be in english.

If you're looking for a good horror podcast in english though, my good buddies from Saskatoon have a good one, The Terror Table. I'm a guest on a few episodes too. We did Nightmare on elm street 3 and 4 in the same episode. That was fun.

35 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Thanks for the correction...for some reason I thought Craven directed the third one.

45 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You’re 100% right. Two was the outlier, one was great, and 3 might have been just as good. 

I did see the others, but they felt tacked-on after the third one.  Especially when Freddy became more and more of a one-liner joke machine. He was much creepier in the first one.  

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

he did come back for the 7th movie though. so he did direct 2 of them haha

That the one where some of the actors are playing fictionalized versions of themselves?  Miko Hughes (original Gage Creed) was in that one IIRC.  Only saw it once.