2019-20 Around the League Thread

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Hehehe suck it Panarin. 

Hedman too. I’m sure he’s not very concerned with the Norris while he’s playing for the Cup but I’m glad he didn’t win. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmfao... 

I know it's semantics, but he's an adult. I have zero qualms about rooting for him to fail. He's a young man whos about to make millions playing in the greatest sport in the world, living in NYC, and

Weekes is saying Hynes to Nashville.  Lol, they’re gonna win the Cup now, and I’ll have to pretend I didn’t say all those things.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Nice to see that Blackwood's play was noticed a bit. 6th isn't bad for a goalie on such a bad team

D85AAA29-2F10-43BB-AF8A-45F765FE292E.png

Idk how Elvis, who plays behind a defense with guys like Seth Jones and Zach Werenski comes in ahead of Mac? Do voters even watch the games? Or do they just assume we have Norris Trophy PK Subban back there? But whatever. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Idk how Elvis, who plays in front of a defense with guys like Seth Jones and Zach Werenski comes in ahead of Mac? Do voters even watch the games? Or do they just assume we have Norris Trophy PK Subban back there? But whatever. 

Assuming it’s the better GAA, SV% and the fact his team made the playoffs. 

But, he only played 33 games as well. I’d be hard pressed to give a trophy to a guy who played so little, even if he is a goalie. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Assuming it’s the better GAA, SV% and the fact his team made the playoffs. 

But, he only played 33 games as well. I’d be hard pressed to give a trophy to a guy who played so little, even if he is a goalie. 

Mac saw over 500 more shots against. 

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Idk how Elvis, who plays behind a defense with guys like Seth Jones and Zach Werenski comes in ahead of Mac? Do voters even watch the games? Or do they just assume we have Norris Trophy PK Subban back there? But whatever. 

Well if they think PK is still good, they certainly didn't vote for him for Norris. I think Mac is the only Devil who got a vote in any category from the lists I looked at. 

And yeah I'd to have a defense even close to Columbus, or any defense at all at this point

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I don't know much about Seviour but that Matheson contact is brutal. 

I don't get this one, at all.

It’s a pretty bad trade for Pittsburgh. Matheson blows.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I'm pretty sure you're right. They have to clear space for their annual purchase of the most expensive free agent on the market.

I’m sure they’ll be throwing their hats in the Pietrangelo ring.... 

• Like 1
On 9/26/2020 at 8:30 PM, NJDevils1214 said:

Bright lights brah! 

On 9/26/2020 at 8:45 PM, MadDog2020 said:

Broadway brah. Hustle and bustle brah.

Gotta push hard to erase the Shattenkirk failure and really plug the Trouba doing well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Gotta push hard to erase the Shattenkirk failure and really plug the Trouba doing well.

Hopefully Shattenkirk wins the Cup tonight and gives the Rags a nice big sh!tburger to eat.

• Like 1

meh do you think they really care the guy is sh!t and they got out from his dreadful contract which was a mistake. My guess is they would be happier the see McD lift the cup and not even notice Shattenkirk was even on the ice. 

Amazing to me they were able to unload the entire Staal cap hit for a 2nd round pick. That sucks because it gives them some much needed room. As for the bright lights, yeah we can make fun but I'm jealous when the best I can hope for is junk like Subban/Simmonds and hoping the last years of Panarin's contract comes back to bite them (assuming they can't find a way out of it - which I would bet they do). 

Weaponized cap space rules though. Just waiting to see it deployed.

then there's sh!t like this:

the thread is a rather long one, essentially says he investigated it and Eichel is tired of losing but is committed to Buffalo and Buffalo has taken calls but doesn't appear to be interested in moving him at this time.

Edited by titans04
12 minutes ago, titans04 said:

meh do you think they really care the guy is sh!t and they got out from his dreadful contract which was a mistake. My guess is they would be happier the see McD lift the cup and not even notice Shattenkirk was even on the ice. 

Amazing to me they were able to unload the entire Staal cap hit for a 2nd round pick. That sucks because it gives them some much needed room. As for the bright lights, yeah we can make fun but I'm jealous when the best I can hope for is junk like Subban/Simmonds and hoping the last years of Panarin's contract comes back to bite them (assuming they can't find a way out of it - which I would bet they do). 

the thread is a rather long one, essentially says he investigated it and Eichel is tired of losing but is committed to Buffalo and Buffalo has taken calls but doesn't appear to be interested in moving him at this time.

fvck me for thinking NYR winning the lotto would be the cherry on top of this pile of dog sh!t year, right? 

33 minutes ago, titans04 said:

it's just common sense at this point, nobody would choose NJ over NYR right now. Why would you? One team is on the way up and the other isn't. One has a highly touted goalie, a near-MVP, great young prospects, etc. 

You can make fun of the "hustle and bustle" all you like, but if we're being honest, they are a WAY better situation than we are right now. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

fvck me for thinking NYR winning the lotto would be the cherry on top of this pile of dog sh!t year, right? 

Why do I feel like they would get Eichel for Carolinas 1st and a meh prospect?