2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

And I’m sure Tampa will find a way to pay him. They aren’t trading a 22-year old top pairing D. I just can’t see it. They’ll move Killlorn or someone else to create space to sign Sergachev.

Correct, there’s no Fvcking way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And I’m sure Tampa will find a way to pay him. They aren’t trading a 22-year old top pairing D. I just can’t see it. They’ll move Killlorn or someone else to create space to sign Sergachev.

I could honestly see it go either way. We’ve seen teams have to move guys after Cups before. Like Chicago with big Buff. When you’re that loaded you just can’t pay everyone. 

• Like 2

Just now, Nicomo said:

I could honestly see it go either way. We’ve seen teams have to move guys after Cups before. Like Chicago with big Buff. When you’re that loaded you just can’t pay everyone. 

True, but Sergachev is still young. Dude hasn’t even hit his ceiling yet, and has steadily improved each year. If they can ship someone else out to create space, I’m sure that would be the preference to trading Sergachev. His caliber of D-man doesn’t grow on trees, and they were incredibly fortunate to acquire him to begin with. Marc Bergevin is a fvcking moron. 

i really like players who can be available for our 7th pick. But i   definitely say yes to 7th for Sergachev. He is young big good skater blue liner who can do everything we need from our D. 

We can give him Buthcer too. And a bottle of the best champagne. Or Severson+18th instead of 7th.

Edited by Guadana

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

True, but Sergachev is still young. Dude hasn’t even hit his ceiling yet, and has steadily improved each year. If they can ship someone else out to create space, I’m sure that would be the preference to trading Sergachev. His caliber of D-man doesn’t grow on trees, and they were incredibly fortunate to acquire him to begin with. Marc Bergevin is a fvcking moron. 

Buff was only 25 at the time. And played a huge role in winning their first Cup. 

That’s obviously only one example though. 

• Like 1

For Sergachyov ofcourse. Maybe and I'm pretty sure of it he will not be as good as Hedman, but he is 8 years younger. He can create opportunitioes, he is good on the board and in the corners. And devils will own all of his prime years. And he has something to prove, something to win. And  his price in the trade is lower.

9 minutes ago, Guadana said:

For Sergachyov ofcourse. Maybe and I'm pretty sure of it he will not be as good as Hedman, but he is 8 years younger. He can create opportunitioes, he is good on the board and in the corners. And devils will own all of his prime years. And he has something to prove, something to win. And  his price in the trade is lower.

Correct. Which is why they are not trading him. 

Edited by mfitz804

42 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Let’s say you had to pick one to trade, either Sergachev or Hedman. Which one do you let go?

You keep Hedman without a doubt. He’s a Conn Smythe and Norris Trophy winner. And the most important thing is that TB’s window is wide open to win a few more Cups with him, that forward core, and Vasilevskiy. 

• Like 1

Tampa, like all the other teams up against the cap, aren't going to be taking on the contracts for established players like Severson or Subban or anyone else - because they can't afford to. They'll want picks and prospects. The Devils probably stand more chance of landing players by taking on a crappy contract and getting a decent young player for doing it.

i'd also do Sergachev for the 7th + in a heartbeat. The big plus here is "known and proven commodity" and perfect age too and now has cup experience. We have wayyy too much gambles already, especially on the D.

We literally don't have a single dman that we KNOW will get it done.

Severson? Subban? Smith? Butcher? Carrick? Muller? Walsh? Bahl? 

The only downside is IF Drysdale or Sanderson become like... SOOOO much better than Sergachev but i don't think we'd see that. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i'd also do Sergachev for the 7th + in a heartbeat. The big plus here is "known and proven commodity" and perfect age too and now has cup experience. We have wayyy too much gambles already, especially on the D.

We literally don't have a single dman that we KNOW will get it done.

Severson? Subban? Smith? Butcher? Carrick? Muller? Walsh? Bahl? 

The only downside is IF Drysdale or Sanderson become like... SOOOO much better than Sergachev but i don't think we'd see that. 

The chances of both of them being there at 7 are probably pretty low anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

There's no way they can be keeping MAF after signing Lehner. It's amazing how maney goalies seem to be on the market this year.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

There's no way they can be keeping MAF after signing Lehner. It's amazing how maney goalies seem to be on the market this year.

Honestly, I think it's a major mistake. I watch Vegas as much if not more than us (convenience being in Mountain Time Zone and all). Fleury IS Vegas. He willingly went there, loves it there and the fans love him back. Lehner, regardless of overcoming his demons or not, is an absolute wild card and I have serious doubts if he has really turned the corner to being a legit #1 or if it was a product of PDB riding his hot hand. Obviously time will tell, but I have a feeling this will come back to bite Vegas.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

There's rumours that MAF could go back to pittsburgh to groom Jarry or something. But depends if he still feel he can be a #1 goalie elsewhere or not i guess

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Speaking of South Park (and extremely off topic) but the pandemic special they did was hilarious. Best thing they’ve done in years, imo. 

The tension is so high before the draft, we already discussed everyone, compared everyone with everyone, that we started discussing South Park and The Boys.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Speaking of South Park (and extremely off topic) but the pandemic special they did was hilarious. Best thing they’ve done in years, imo. 

I have it on the DVR but we've been watching Ratched and last night watched Class Action Park, gotta make it a point to watch it.

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I have it on the DVR but we've been watching Ratched and last night watched Class Action Park, gotta make it a point to watch it.

Ratched was good...could almost have been done as a season of American Horror Story, in my opinion. Same creator and it definitely had that vibe. 

• Like 1