CommonDreads

2019-20 Around the League Thread

Good for him. Hope him and his family enjoy Miami. They deserve it. 

There was a windmill save by Marty in one of the intros to the EA NHL series.. maybe NHL 2000, or 2001 or something. 

This one looks just like that, impressive.

15 hours ago, Nicomo said:

That looked like prime Marty. 

But they still lost, which looks like prime Kinkaid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

But they still lost, which looks like prime Kinkaid. 

to be fair prime Kinkaid was a huge reason we made the playoffs few years ago. Lets give credits where it's due

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

to be fair prime Kinkaid was a huge reason we made the playoffs few years ago. Lets give credits where it's due

He definitely played well for several weeks during his 5 years here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

He definitely played well for several weeks during his 5 years here. 

He was a decent backup during his first three seasons, and like SD pointed out, he did come up huge in 2017-18 (though he definitely got off to a rough start that year)...Devils don't make the playoffs without his contributions down the stretch.  Last year was obviously pretty brutal after a solid start (he was largely awful from 11/23 on, no question).  He gets more hate than he really deserves...especially considering that he was asked to do more than he ever should have.   

KK still lost the game and from what many have told me, the goal he let in before that save was Charmin-soft.

• Like 1

I can't believe we're still talking about Kinkaid.

@Devils01 - I know it's 3 days away, but can you please create the next gameday thread so we can talk about something current?

59 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I can't believe we're still talking about Kinkaid.

@Devils01 - I know it's 3 days away, but can you please create the next gameday thread so we can talk about something current?

We are talking about Kinkaid because of a save he made in his last game, in the "Around The League Thread". That's exactly what this thread is for. If you aren't interested in what's going on "Around The League", then I would suggest there are other threads. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

We are talking about Kinkaid because of a save he made in his last game, in the "Around The League Thread". That's exactly what this thread is for. If you aren't interested in what's going on "Around The League", then I would suggest there are other threads. 

I didn't think I had to be this specific, but I guess I do... I can't believe we're still talking about Kinkaid and his time with the Devils

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I didn't think I had to be this specific, but I guess I do... I can't believe we're still talking about Kinkaid and his time with the Devils

I can't believe you think you should be able to control what other people talk about on a message board. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I can't believe you think you should be able to control what other people talk about on a message board. 

I don't. 🤨  I never said it shouldn't be allowed.  I just said I can't believe it. 

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't. 🤨  I never said it shouldn't be allowed.  I just said I can't believe it. 

I didn't say you said it shouldn't be allowed. I said you tried to control what people talk about, by asking someone to start a GDT so you could talk about something current. As I said, if you want to talk about something current, go ahead and do it, nobody's stopping you. 

I didn't say you said it shouldn't be allowed. I said you tried to control what people talk about, by asking someone to start a GDT so you could talk about something current. As I said, if you want to talk about something current, go ahead and do it, nobody's stopping you. 

First of all, you just highlighted the difference - if I had said "Devils01, go create the next gameday thread", that would be telling him to do so, and implying control over what people say on a message board.  However, that's not what I said, and as you mentioned I merely asked him to, so I'm not trying to control anything.  Further, the only reason I actually asked him to do it rather than create it myself is because, as you're well aware and maybe just being difficult for the sake of being difficult, we discussed and committed to allowing the previous gameday thread creator the opportunity to make the next gameday thread if the team won the last game.  

Not really sure why this is such a big deal.  You seem cranky today. ;)

5 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Further, the only reason I actually asked him to do it rather than create it myself is because, as you're well aware and maybe just being difficult for the sake of being difficult, we discussed and committed to allowing the previous gameday thread creator the opportunity to make the next gameday thread if the team won the last game.  

Sure. But you could talk about something "current" in 50 other threads or create your own non-GDT thread and talk about all the current events you want. Instead you decided to criticize what other people were talking about because you apparently didn't like the topic. 

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Not really sure why this is such a big deal.  You seem cranky today. ;)

Nor am I sure why talking about Kinkaid was a big deal. While we're at it, nobody talk about that Brodeur guy that used to play for us, because he's not current. 

Sure. But you could talk about something "current" in 50 other threads or create your own non-GDT thread and talk about all the current events you want. Instead you decided to criticize what other people were talking about because you apparently didn't like the topic. 

Nor am I sure why talking about Kinkaid was a big deal. While we're at it, nobody talk about that Brodeur guy that used to play for us, because he's not current. 

The greatest player in our franchise's history, and perhaps the greatest goalie ever in the league, compared to a guy who was here for a few seasons and essentially run out of town.  Yep, that's the same.  

Only reason I am surprised that people are still talking about Kinkaid and what he did while he was here is because so many people seemed to want to get rid of him and jumped for joy when it was announced that he was traded, I would have thought they'd want no part of talking about him ever again.

45 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He's giving his opinion that he cannot believe something is still talked about... that's just an observation / opinion... which is fair game on a message board.

Now the funny part is... now you're trying to control what he says (his opinion) so you're literally doing what you're calling him out for.

And EVEN funnier now... i'm doing it too with you.

Just like anytime i say i personally think the You Suck and Rangers sucks chants are lame... never told anyone not to do it... just saying i think it's lame. MB will whine that im policing people... and then tells me what im allowed to say or not. 

It's a funny world really

• Like 1

Oh.My.God. are you guys actually doing this after the thread DevilMinder just posted? Just fvcking let it go already. 

I don't think there are any former Devils I actively dislike. Even ones who have gone to the Rangers. But I cannot stand KK. 

9 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Oh.My.God. are you guys actually doing this after the thread DevilMinder just posted? Just fvcking let it go already. 

I don't think there are any former Devils I actively dislike. Even ones who have gone to the Rangers. But I cannot stand KK. 

You’re required by law to hate Kovalchuk.