2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

42 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You are talking about a guy who used to refer to Schneider as Brodeur, and Kinkaid as Schneider. He has hardly any clue. 

Didn't really know he did that, but if he did, then this makes more sense.  I guess I just always figured him to be pretty smart and in touch with reality, but then again when he's next to Dano 82 nights a year, I suppose anyone is going to look good and appear intelligent. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Even excellent coaches get fired. There is a difference between vilifying and acknowledging change is needed. I get what he is talking about, but most of the people he is referring to are facebook and twitter clowns.

I actually agree with him on PDB. But not Hynes. 

3 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Ya he was a terrible coach. And for some reason we held onto him for years. Lou has many faults, but he was never afraid to change out losing coaches.

He took 2 different teams to the finals. Hardly a “terrible” coach. 

unless you meant Hynes in which case I agree. 

Edited by Nicomo

Years ago I got a job as a stock guy in a store in the mall. Months later I learned that the guy I replaced had severed his femoral artery while throwing out the garbage and collapsed and died in the trash compactor. 

Those injuries are no joke. Hope that guy pulls through ok. 

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So is Geoff Ward gonna be the Devils version of the Jets losing Belichick?

7-0-0 is an impressive start. He doesn't have the Flames playing overpowering hockey, but he has the team playing smart and motivated (i.e. effective). That's not to say there's no improvements on paper since his takeover - one place the Flames have improved in a serious way is on the PP. When he left the Devils their PP was certainly trending upwards - a trend that has reversed significantly since his departure.

Edited by Neb00rs

10 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

7-0-0 is an impressive start. He doesn't have the Flames playing overpowering hockey, but he has the team playing smart and motivated (i.e. effective). That's not to say there's no improvements on paper since his takeover - one place the Flames have improved in a serious way is on the PP. When he left the Devils their PP was certainly trending upwards - a trend that has reversed significantly since his departure.

Bad luck is all

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Bad luck is all

Who the hell are you quoting/mocking when you keep pushing this sh!t? This is like an advanced version of a straw man where you don't just make up the opponent's argument but you invent the arguer as well. I can only imagine you do this in order to tell yourself that you're capable of winning an argument against the "spreadsheet" people who you think live under your bed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

Minor league goalie suffered a serious cut to the leg. Video is gruesome

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/niagara-icedogs-goalie-tucker-tynan-suffers-gruesome-injury/

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

That was a lot of blood...

hope he’s ok. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Years ago I got a job as a stock guy in a store in the mall. Months later I learned that the guy I replaced had severed his femoral artery while throwing out the garbage and collapsed and died in the trash compactor. 

Those injuries are no joke. Hope that guy pulls through ok. 

Just read he’s out of surgery and is recovering, thankfully.

Holy hell that was brutal to watch.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Who the hell are you quoting/mocking when you keep pushing this sh!t? This is like an advanced version of a straw man where you don't just make up the opponent's argument but you invent the arguer as well. I can only imagine you do this in order to tell yourself that you're capable of winning an argument against the "spreadsheet" people who you think live under your bed.

It’s a reference to a specific person who is very certain of how the sport works, but when things don’t go as planned, it’s “luck.”

Its a joke.  Relax.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Plus the Flames won 50 freaking games last year, it's not like that team needed a lot of work.  It would have been nice if Hynes had been fired a couple weeks earlier before Ward got promoted there (not that Ray would have brought him in anyway but sigh).

Edited by NJDevs4978

On 12/12/2019 at 12:24 PM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I see Cangi wants a good booing as well. 

I know I'm a few days late on this one but hard to take a professional broadcaster seriously when he can't even figure out the guy with all red pads was replaced by a guy with white pads. fvck outta here. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

6 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I know I'm a few days late on this one but hard to take a professional broadcaster seriously when he can't even figure out the guy with all red pads was replaced by a guy with white pads. fvck outta here. 

I was watching the Colorado broadcast and not only did they lead in with “well we have a goalie change” and talked Blackwood’s stats, but then went right into a reply of Domingue tweaking something.

Granted they were insanely massive homers, border-lining Jack Edwards levels, it was still head-shaking that our own broadcast team was so out of it, they didn’t even realize what had happened

• Like 1