Jump to content

2019-20 Around the League Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmfao... 

I know it's semantics, but he's an adult. I have zero qualms about rooting for him to fail. He's a young man whos about to make millions playing in the greatest sport in the world, living in NYC, and

Weekes is saying Hynes to Nashville.  Lol, they’re gonna win the Cup now, and I’ll have to pretend I didn’t say all those things.

Posted Images

20 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Rinne has just 2 goals less than Zacha

Almost has the best job out of anyone. Former 6th pick (so no fear of being cut), chill out on the bottom 6 and take it easy...playing hard occasionally (which wows his supporters), fill a need on the team without killing himself and putting him in good standing with the coaches and his supporters (PK), all while having no urgency to score a lot of goals since he's playing on one of the worst teams in the league in terms of scoring.

He's got it made. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

The guy had 34 pts in 37 games in the juniors when we drafted him and now people are surprised he's not producing more in the NHL. Go figure

I don’t think anyone is surprised Zacha isn’t producing. I think most are still beside themselves we drafted him to begin with, then he teased us with his start this year  and hasn’t been seen since.

EDIT: Think, not thing. fvck my phone

Edited by jagknife
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I don’t think anyone is surprised Zacha isn’t producing. I think most are still beside themselves we drafted him to begin with, then he teased us with his start this year  and hasn’t been seen since.

EDIT: Think, not thing. fvck my phone

I don’t know if that’s true, people have been pitching his potential and that he’s soooo young for years, and he still has time to develop...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jagknife said:

I don’t think anyone is surprised Zacha isn’t producing. I think most are still beside themselves we drafted him to begin with, then he teased us with his start this year  and hasn’t been seen since.

EDIT: Think, not thing. fvck my phone

well its been mentioned often but Zacha was always projected around where we picked. Look at any mock drafts and it was always around that spot

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

well its been mentioned often but Zacha was always projected around where we picked. Look at any mock drafts and it was always around that spot

Right, and a guy picked at the level should t be a 4th line center/defensive forward. 

The Devils picking him doesn’t bother me because he was projected to be way more than he is. That doesn’t always work out.

Like I’ve said a million times, picking 6th (or 1st or 20th) doesn’t guarantee you get the 6th (or 1st or 20th) best guy available. so going back AFTER the draft class is in the league and saying “we could’ve had Barzal” is really easy to do. Every team in the league could do this about almost every player they have ever taken, except first overall picks who turned out to actually be the best player of that draft year. How often does that actually happen? Maybe a handful of times, and even then, it was a no-brainer pick. The Oilers were never not taking McDavid, Pens never not taking Crosby, and so on. 

If you want to be mad that the guy sucks, then be mad that he sucks. We took a chance that was in line with what everyone in the world was saying, it didn’t work. Get the fvck over it. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Right, and a guy picked at the level should t be a 4th line center/defensive forward. 

The Devils picking him doesn’t bother me because he was projected to be way more than he is. That doesn’t always work out.

Like I’ve said a million times, picking 6th (or 1st or 20th) doesn’t guarantee you get the 6th (or 1st or 20th) best guy available. so going back AFTER the draft class is in the league and saying “we could’ve had Barzal” is really easy to do. Every team in the league could do this about almost every player they have ever taken, except first overall picks who turned out to actually be the best player of that draft year. How often does that actually happen? Maybe a handful of times, and even then, it was a no-brainer pick. The Oilers were never not taking McDavid, Pens never not taking Crosby, and so on. 

If you want to be mad that the guy sucks, then be mad that he sucks. We took a chance that was in line with what everyone in the world was saying, it didn’t work. Get the fvck over it. 

I'm just mad he sucks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, titans04 said:

 

Kind of sh!t a guy can take a run at you and then you get punished for sticking up for yourself. Tkachuk is getting a reputation for starting sh!t then turtling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Kind of sh!t a guy can take a run at you and then you get punished for sticking up for yourself. Tkachuk is getting a reputation for starting sh!t then turtling. 

yeah he legit ran him 3 times and then finally Kassian had enough. He trucked him each time not just hard hits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

this was also amazing

 

 

I hope for that guys sake it was a setup or he had a ring and made a proposal later in that evening in spectacular fashion , otherwise he isn't getting any for a looooooooong time. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

There goes the top name off my dream UFA list for next summer:

Backstrom stays with the Caps, 5 years at $46m

The puts them at over $71m for next season with two defenders and Holtby to still sign.

My uneducated guess is they let Holtby walk and they ride Samsonov and Copley into the future.

i wouldn’t mind a few years of Holtby here to help take any pressure of Blackwood, but Lehner might be significantly cheaper, should he hit the market as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jagknife said:

There goes the top name off my dream UFA list for next summer:

Backstrom stays with the Caps, 5 years at $46m

The puts them at over $71m for next season with two defenders and Holtby to still sign.

My uneducated guess is they let Holtby walk and they ride Samsonov and Copley into the future.

i wouldn’t mind a few years of Holtby here to help take any pressure of Blackwood, but Lehner might be significantly cheaper, should he hit the market as well.

A few years ago I would've loved to take a stab at Backstrom, but he's 32, and I feel like he could start to decline in the near future.  

I wouldn't necessarily turn Holtby down, but I also don't have a problem with riding Blackwood and Domingue in tandem - I know many were not impressed with Domingue early on, but he's certainly looked more competent recently, and Blackwood should be getting the lion's share of the starts from here on out, so really anyone we put back there just needs to be decent (and not expensive), so I'm not sure Holtby would be a great fit for that role.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.