2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Agreed. Colors are fine, ‘Kraken’ is terrible.

I don’t like team names that aren’t plural. We aren’t the New Jersey Devil because that’s stupid. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Arizona is 1-5-1 in their past 6. If they keep that pace up for the next few weeks Hall will probably end up being traded at the deadline. 

I look forward to Arizona collecting a better return than we did - and all the media headlines that will go along with it.

53 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I look forward to Arizona collecting a better return than we did - and all the media headlines that will go along with it.

Devils return wasn't really that bad...Hall's an RFA-to-be, and if the Yotes had a future Hall-type (or soon-to-be offensive force) in their system, why deal him for a likely rental?  At least Shero went for a kid that can hopefully help on D down the line, and got a first rounder to boot.

As for Hall himself...not like his presence moved the needle at all with the Coyotes...they're 7-9-1 since he arrived.  And overall he's not really having a great season.  I'm not so sure another team will be convinced enough that bringing him in will make any major difference.  The Yotes' best bet to get a bigger haul than the Devils would be for a top contender to lose a scorer to injury.  

I also feel for the team that throws big money at Hall this offseason...I was willing to do it for him, but I get the feeling a few years into his deal, the returns will be mixed at best.  Like I've said before...outside of that awesome MVP season, I think it's always going to be more promise than actual results for Taylor going forward...and every year going in, it will be "If Hall can approach his MVP form of 2017-18..."  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Arizona is 1-5-1 in their past 6. If they keep that pace up for the next few weeks Hall will probably end up being traded at the deadline. 

As much as I'd like to see that, they're still 5 games above .500, and despite having a few games in hand, they're still occupying a wild card spot too.  I can't see them giving up on this season and a potential playoff push just yet.  They might be having some of the same conversations we did in terms of trying to get something for him while they can, but we have no idea what's been said internally over there and whether or not he has any interest in re-signing with them.  I can't imagine he's made any close relationships or formed and close ties in that area yet.

7 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I don’t really see a problem if it works. Wild, Lightning, Magic, Heat, Jazz, Thunder...

I can see that. I don't especially like those names, especially the Wild. I mean, that's an adjective. That's like being the Los Angeles Smooth or the New Jersey Obnoxious. 

2 hours ago, devlman said:

Cmon it’s too good to be true. Too obvious a lure to bite on that!

it's not that good, Nasreddine still has a place on the staff??

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Umm...don’t...our jerseys still have black? 

And the Bruins have one of the best jerseys in the league. Black is fine if used right.

The problem with Seattle’s color scheme (imo) is the teal will clash with the red. But I’ll reserve judgment until I see them. 

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And the Bruins have one of the best jerseys in the league. Black is fine if used right.

The problem with Seattle’s color scheme (imo) is the teal will clash with the red. But I’ll reserve judgment until I see them. 

The only time I can remember a team trying that was the old IHL Detroit Vipers 

9F16D4B5-0AC1-4A91-8991-F3DEF03F3890.jpeg

E358BAD8-ECF0-4899-9DF7-7E7C993348BF.jpeg