2019-20 Around the League Thread

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Really? Then why are they in first place and we suck?

lol

Are we still talking about Arizona or a different team? Cause they aren't in first place and have been trash in their past 10 games, 2-5-3 and they haven't won a game in their last 5.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmfao... 

I know it's semantics, but he's an adult. I have zero qualms about rooting for him to fail. He's a young man whos about to make millions playing in the greatest sport in the world, living in NYC, and

Weekes is saying Hynes to Nashville.  Lol, they’re gonna win the Cup now, and I’ll have to pretend I didn’t say all those things.

Posted Images

The Coyotes are 7-9-3 since acquiring Hall, and 1-5-3 in their last 9.  I’m sure the Yotes are quite surprised by that.  He’s simply hasn’t made that much of an impact, despite having solid offensive numbers since going there.

• Like 1

Coyotes fans on HF are saying the same sh!t we said for years.

“He’s the best player on the team. Seems like he’s the only one trying out there. Etc.”

It’s easy for us to use hindsight now but he’s just not good for team dynamic. I’m sure there were Oilers fans who said the same thing. Not that he’s a locker room cancer, but I think his style is too controlling. And Hynes was happy to make him the go to guy.

I wanted Hall to re-sign but I’m happy he’s gone. Hope I don’t sound bitter but I think we’re better off without him.

• Like 1

Ilya Kovalchuk has informed the Montreal Canadiens that he would like to hold off on contract negotiations.

Kovi told TSN that he would rather focus on getting the team into the playoffs rather than on himself.

lol. Yeah suuuuuure. The reason why you don't want to sign an extension is because you want to focus on the success of the team and not yourself... it has nothing to do with cranking your value to get another contract on a better team or get traded to a contender..."

i mean... who would even begin to believe that bs ? 

Edited by SterioDesign
2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

lol. Yeah suuuuuure. The reason why you don't want to sign an extension is because you want to focus on the success of the team and not yourself... it has nothing to do with cranking your value to get another contract on a better team or get traded to a contender..."

i mean... who would even begin to believe that bs ? 

Not I. Guy was cut from his prior team, now he’s too cool to talk about a job for next year?

Doubt that. 

20 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not I. Guy was cut from his prior team, now he’s too cool to talk about a job for next year?

Doubt that. 

i mean to be fair to him the Kings are also a big mess so it obviously affected his stats. I mean Coleman has more goals than their top player right now lol he's been fine, even good since he joined MTL who are half decent

I know its great to jump to the conclusion that Kovy sucks now... but we can't make excuses for Jack's low points total on a sh!t team... then turn around and ignore the same situation for Kovy lol 

• Like 2
Just now, SterioDesign said:

I know its great to jump to the conclusion that Kovy sucks now... but we can't make excuses for Jack's low points total on a sh!t team... then turn around and ignore the same situation for Kovy lol 

says who?  Sure we can and some will.

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i mean to be fair to him the Kings are also a big mess so it obviously affected his stats. I mean Coleman has more goals than their top player right now lol he's been fine, even good since he joined MTL who are half decent

Well, it’s a little different considering Kovy is old enough to be Jack’s father lol

especially if the whole Russian age thing is true. 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, titans04 said:

says who?  Sure we can and some will.

Yeah well when i say "can't" i don't mean... you're not allowed and i'm not saying someone can't say it lol I'm simply saying that someone doing it has double standards lol

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Well, it’s a little different considering Kovy is old enough to be Jack’s father lol

especially if the whole Russian age thing is true. 

Well all know sh!tty teams "typically" affects everyone's stats... if you look at all the Kings players... all their stats dropped drastically in the last 2 years so. Kopitar was their top scorer last year with 60 pts.... after getting 92 the year before.

And i mean Kovy has 10 pts in 13 games since he left.

I mean it may be a craaaaazy coincidence but it's pretty unlikely.

• Like 1

back in our conspiracy theory days, I would say they did this intentionally to have to forfeit their first round pick for the next two years and the league, being in on it, take both picks so we don’t have a second first. 

EDIT: I kept scrolling back, and holy sh!t, they could be financially screwed for it:

Edited by jagknife
1 hour ago, jagknife said:

back in our conspiracy theory days, I would say they did this intentionally to have to forfeit their first round pick for the next two years and the league, being in on it, take both picks so we don’t have a second first. 

EDIT: I kept scrolling back, and holy sh!t, they could be financially screwed for it:

I don't think so. 250k x 20 is like $5m and they probably won't have to pay it in one payment. Even if they do they'll probably finance it or something. 

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't think so. 250k x 20 is like $5m and they probably won't have to pay it in one payment. Even if they do they'll probably finance it or something. 

Yeah I know it’s only $5m, my brain went back in time when the Yotes were a financial black hole and were broke as hell

Speaking of the Yotes...8-11-3 now since acquiring Hall.  Hanging onto that 2nd WC berth, but the teams behind them have multiple games in hand.  

• Like 1

I got bored and decided to have some fun. I took all the team names and switched out the state for city they play in and vice versa. 3 teams were a little tricky as you'll see:

California Ducks
Glendale Coyotes
Massachusetts Bruins
New York Sabres
Alberta Flames
Raleigh Hurricanes
Illinois Blackhawks
Denver Avalanche
Ohio Blue Jackets
Texas Stars
Michigan Red Wings
Alberta Oilers
Sunrise Panthers
California Kings
Saint Paul Wild
Quebec Canadiens
Tennessee Predators
Newark Devils
Brooklyn Islanders / New York City Islanders
Manhattan Rangers / New York City Rangers
Ontario Senators
Pennsylvania Flyers
Pennsylvania Penguins
California Sharks
Missouri Blues
Florida Lightning
Ontario Maple Leafs
British Columbia Canucks
Nevada Golden Knights
District of Columbia Capitals / Maryland/Virginia Capitals
Manitoba Jets

9 hours ago, Max20Characters said:

I got bored and decided to have some fun. I took all the team names and switched out the state for city they play in and vice versa. 3 teams were a little tricky as you'll see:

California Ducks
Glendale Coyotes
Massachusetts Bruins
New York Sabres
Alberta Flames
Raleigh Hurricanes
Illinois Blackhawks
Denver Avalanche
Ohio Blue Jackets
Texas Stars
Michigan Red Wings
Alberta Oilers
Sunrise Panthers
California Kings
Saint Paul Wild
Quebec Canadiens
Tennessee Predators
Newark Devils
Brooklyn Islanders / New York City Islanders
Manhattan Rangers / New York City Rangers
Ontario Senators
Pennsylvania Flyers
Pennsylvania Penguins
California Sharks
Missouri Blues
Florida Lightning
Ontario Maple Leafs
British Columbia Canucks
Nevada Golden Knights
District of Columbia Capitals / Maryland/Virginia Capitals
Manitoba Jets

Shouldn’t Vegas have to randomly drop the first three letters of their location?

Ada Golden Knights 

Reading Habs fans comments about Kovy right now is hilarious and quite interesting.

"he's a real team player"

"he's good for our young guys"

"you can tell he loves hockey and loves playing for MTL"

"he said in an interview he loves to play in MTL so he's going to re-sign with us for sure" 

"he was the missing key to our success"

It's not impossible that he's re-signing there but if ANY better team come asking he'll go there for sure instead IMO. He's likely doing what Radulov did, went to MTL to be in the spotlight to win his next contract then leave

• Like 1