CommonDreads

2019-20 Around the League Thread

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And our coach is still a dude named Elaine lol. 

Well that's when you prononce his name wrong lol It shouldnt sound close to Elaine at all. haha

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Well that's when you prononce his name wrong lol It shouldnt sound close to Elaine at all. haha

What's the correct pronunciation?  Just curious.  

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I had tickets to the game tomorrow with a group of us from out here, had to sell them due to no babysitter and my car also decided to take a dump.

I’m really jealous/upset that I can’t go. Looks like an awesome set up.

I'm sorry to hear that.   It's a gorgeous campus and setting for a game.   We drove through several years ago to see chapel (I'm an architect) and swung by the stadium.   

I've always thought the NHL was missing an opportunity by not doing a game at Folsom Field in Boulder.   That would make for the perfect winter aerial shots.  

Folsom Field .jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I'm sorry to hear that.   It's a gorgeous campus and setting for a game.   We drove through several years ago to see chapel (I'm an architect) and swung by the stadium.   

I've always thought the NHL was missing an opportunity by not doing a game at Folsom Field in Boulder.   That would make for the perfect winter aerial shots.  

Folsom Field .jpg

Nice photo, but I can't help but think it looks like the town in Willy Wonka when the elevator crashes through the roof and they're over top the city and all the buildings have red roofs.  

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Every time they say it on the broadcast, it’s Elaine. 

39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Every time they say it on the broadcast, it’s Elaine. 

Yeah but Dano is on that broadcast and they are paying him money... you think pronouncing people's name correctly is a factor for them?

7 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Please don’t even think about hiring him...

• Like 3

well... are we going to talk about Bruce and NOT bring up this commercial?

Pffff. Over my dead body!!

37 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well... are we going to talk about Bruce and NOT bring up this commercial?

Pffff. Over my dead body!!

What the flying fvck?? LOL

14 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah but Dano is on that broadcast and they are paying him money... you think pronouncing people's name correctly is a factor for them?

I wasn’t talking about Dano, that he can’t pronounce “Alain Nasreddine” is a given.

16 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Please don’t even think about hiring him...

Yeah he’s the last guy I want. I wanna get back to being a perennial playoff team, but I don’t want to be guaranteed to lose once we get there. 

I’m really glad the Devils didn’t break the bank for him. Guy just can’t stay healthy. 

• Like 1

So they had a tanker and three F-16’s do the flyover at the Academy. If only there was a significantly cooler plane just a state south that would really get the crowd fired up... lol I’m not biased at all.

also, having two cadets marshal the teams to the ice was kinda lame...

But the set up is sick, already seen a few people I know

fvcks the Avs, but I do kind of like these jerseys.  LA’s are terrible. 

• Like 1

The seats I missed out on tonight, I can’t stand Sam Hunt so I wasn’t upset I missed that at least

DDA3BEEC-297B-4D8E-8ED4-96218E1364C6.jpeg

• Like 1

fvcks the Avs, but I do kind of like these jerseys.  LA’s are terrible. 
I wish they would play this games with their normal Jerseys instead of some gimicky ones

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, eaglejelly said:

I wish they would play this games with their normal Jerseys instead of some gimicky ones

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

My buddy is a huge Avs fan and even he didn’t Understand why they didn’t go with the Rockies esq unis

I can't stand either team so watching this game felt like a chore. First hat trick in any outdoor game though which is surprising since this was the 30th game. I thought the uniforms were terrible for both teams. 

They also announced Carolina next year for one of these stadium series games. No opponent announced yet. 

Also was interesting that there was no handshake line after this game. Not that I really care that there wasn't but handshakes have been the norm for these outdoor games for awhile now. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Apparently the biggest complaint from last night was the traffic getting on/off campus. I saw an article trying to pin the blame on the NHL for it. It’s a military campus, the guards have protocol they HAVE to go through when you get on. Getting off the base though was a nightmare, between the crappy conditions of the roads and the parking lots, it took people HOURS to get out, let alone home.

34 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Apparently the biggest complaint from last night was the traffic getting on/off campus. I saw an article trying to pin the blame on the NHL for it. It’s a military campus, the guards have protocol they HAVE to go through when you get on. Getting off the base though was a nightmare, between the crappy conditions of the roads and the parking lots, it took people HOURS to get out, let alone home.

Was this the article? I will say while I didn't care for the outdoor games the two I attended, devils vs rangers and islanders vs rangers at Yankee stadium were extremely easy to get in and out of at least. The only major issue I had was the 90 minute delay to the start of the devils vs rangers game. 

This does sound like a mess... 

https://thednvr.com/nhl-forgets-fans-are-the-point-with-disastrous-stadium-series/