9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

So much for that...

What if we paid 100% of his salary and bought them 2 turbo zambonis 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Islanders 0-2 with Greene

Tampa 0-1 with Coleman 

Devils 2-1 without both....hmmmm lol

It's still early, but I still chuckle at the Armageddon reactions at Coleman and the possibility of Palms no longer being on the team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

It's still early, but I still chuckle at the Armageddon reactions at Coleman and the possibility of Palms no longer being on the team.

I'm not opposed to trading Palms for the right deal but I'd rather see us get something/anything for Simmonds and tissue paper soft Sami. 

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Apparently he played a really good 1st game for them...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

What if we paid 100% of his salary and bought them 2 turbo zambonis 

Just tell them if we HAVE to take Boeser to make a Wayne Simmonds trade work, I GUESS we can...

Edited by mfitz804

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Apparently he played a really good 1st game for them...

Good for him!  I am not saying he is playing bad for his team.  I am saying he isn't quite as valuable to our team as many fans think he was.

27 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Tampa 0-1 with Coleman 

Devils 2-1 without both....hmmmm lol

You mean...

Tampa 0-1 with Coleman

Devils 5-0 with Blackwood....hmmmm :)

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Good for him!  I am not saying he is playing bad for his team.  I am saying he isn't quite as valuable to our team as many fans think he was.

His biggest value for the team was the return we got for him. I think the Devils sold at his highest or nearly highest value. But I don’t begrudge people for clinging to him a bit, as he was one of the very few bright spots to the last couple of years. 

I also don’t think there are that many people upset over it. That segment is unfortunately just very loud. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

His biggest value for the team was the return we got for him. I think the Devils sold at his highest or nearly highest value. But I don’t begrudge people for clinging to him a bit, as he was one of the very few bright spots to the last couple of years. 

I also don’t think there are that many people upset over it. That segment is unfortunately just very loud. 

This place alone was in full meltdown mode even before they saw what the return was.  Go look at the first 1-2 pages of the Coleman thread lol.

But yeah it was the perfect time to sell him.  I liked him but I was just kinda done with him just like I am done with this chapter of Devils history.  I am ready to move on to the Hughes/Hischier/Blackwood chapter of the Devils.

• Like 1

Looks like the Bruins are out on Palmieri.

The package they just shipped out to the Ducks is probably what we would've been looking at, I'd imagine.

9 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

The package they just shipped out to the Ducks is probably what we would've been looking at, I'd imagine.

Actually it looks like Bruins fans think this could open things up for another move...

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Actually it looks like Bruins fans think this could open things up for another move...

McAvoy would be nice. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

McAvoy would be nice. 

With conditional pick if he will or not sign with us.

31 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Is it confirmed that we're actually shopping Palmieri?  I'll still be pretty pissed if he's traded, even if the return is relative to what we got for Coleman. 

9 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Is it confirmed that we're actually shopping Palmieri?  I'll still be pretty pissed if he's traded, even if the return is relative to what we got for Coleman. 

If Coleman is worth a prospect who was a recent first and a future 1st, Palmieri should be worth the same plus another asset at least. 

I personally like the guy and think he should be retained. But if he is to be traded, I want to see a pretty decent return. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Guadana said:

With conditional pick if he will or not sign with us.

I made the same mistake last week: McAvoy is under contract 3 years, Krug is the pending UFA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't think it's confirmed but of course there's been all sorts of speculation.

I agree that I'd prefer the Devils keep him - you need SOMEONE to put the puck in the net.  But if they were to trade him I hope Fitz would be targeting more of a "hockey trade" i.e. a younger less proven but talented player that can step into the lineup.  

Palms @ 50% retained is a bargain.  30 goal scorer for a 2.5ish cap hit next season would be pretty sweet to a team in "win now" mode.

14 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I don't think it's confirmed but of course there's been all sorts of speculation.

I agree that I'd prefer the Devils keep him - you need SOMEONE to put the puck in the net.  But if they were to trade him I hope Fitz would be targeting more of a "hockey trade" i.e. a younger less proven but talented player that can step into the lineup.  

Palms @ 50% retained is a bargain.  30 goal scorer for a 2.5ish cap hit next season would be pretty sweet to a team in "win now" mode.

I believe Fitz when he said he isn't actively shopping anyone. The Coleman trade got other teams interested and now it has elevated to more than just kicking the tires. They're making some serious offers so you have to listen.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I made the same mistake last week: McAvoy is under contract 3 years, Krug is the pending UFA.

Type McAvoy, think about Krug. But want Byram.

Does Noah Hanifin suck?  Rumblings that he might be the main piece we get for Palms.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

McAvoy would be nice. 

Of course. Winning a million dollars would be nice too. 

24 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Does Noah Hanifin suck?  Rumblings that he might be the main piece we get for Palms.

Wasn't Hanifin linked to a proposal for Hall few months ago? I guess people wanna re-use the same rumor for another Devils winger : ) 

5 minutes ago, moustic said:

Wasn't Hanifin linked to a proposal for Hall few months ago? I guess people wanna re-use the same rumor for another Devils winger : ) 

That’s what Cordell said today. He also seems to think Hanafin sucks.

I know nothing of Hanafin other than he was decent in Carolina and he makes a shade under $5m for the next 5 years. I read somewhere we might be also looking at Bennett from CGY, so Hanafin + Bennett for Palms and Severson? Maybe?

Edited by jagknife

I remember the massive hype during the draft about this guy...