CommonDreads

2019-20 Around the League Thread

And two days after getting Martinez, Vegas trades Eakin to Winnipeg for a conditional 4th, could become a 3rd if they make the playoffs or he resigns

20 minutes ago, jagknife said:

That’s what Cordell said today. He also seems to think Hanafin sucks.

I know nothing of Hanafin other than he was decent in Carolina and he makes a shade under $5m for the next 5 years. I read somewhere we might be also looking at Bennett from CGY, so Hanafin + Bennett for Palms and Severson? Maybe?

For fvcks sake Sam Bennett is the subject of every laughable Hf boards proposal.  He makes Miles Wood look like Jagr in his prime.   That’s a deal that would really make me follow through on never watching the team ever again.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

For fvcks sake Sam Bennett is the subject of every laughable Hf boards proposal.  He makes Miles Wood look like Jagr in his prime.   That’s a deal that would really make me follow through on never watching the team ever again.

Do you have popcorn to go with all of that salt?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Do you have popcorn to go with all of that salt?

Sorry, the thought of giving up even a used puck for Sam Bennett triggers me.  You like hearing “elite penalty killer” with Zacha, wait til the you hear the rationalizations that Bennett doesn’t suck.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Sorry, the thought of giving up even a used puck for Sam Bennett triggers me.  You like hearing “elite penalty killer” with Zacha, wait til the you heat the rationalizations that Bennett doesn’t suck.

Hey man, fair enough. I just had heard things and threw a spit ball at the wall. Maybe Zacha for him then 😉

• Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

Hey man, fair enough. I just had heard things and threw a spit ball at the wall. Maybe Zacha for him then 😉

Zacha is Mario Lemieux compared to Bennett.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Zacha is Mario Lemieux compared to Bennett.  

But is Bennett as ALMOST as Zacha? That there is the real question.

Dreger said the Isles might be talking about trading Sorokin to Chicago. Speculation is that Debrincat would be involved. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

If Daniel promises never to watch again, I’ll pay Bennett’s salary. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Dreger said the Isles might be talking about trading Sorokin to Chicago. Speculation is that Debrincat would be involved. 

That would be a huge trade, holy sh!t.

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

That would be a huge trade, holy sh!t.

It sure would. 

I just read, don’t remember where cause of course I can’t find it anymore and don’t remember the source, speculation in return for Palms would be a first and two NHL-Ready prospects

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

No way Lou is that smart again suddenly, it’d have to be for someone like Saad or Seabrook... I kid... kinda

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Oh, I'd still hang around here.  You're not getting off that easy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I think this board would rally together to pay his salary really, would come to like .05cents each. I'd still pay the whole thing myself too really lol

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I just read, don’t remember where cause of course I can’t find it anymore and don’t remember the source, speculation in return for Palms would be a first and two NHL-Ready prospects

well if true that'd be super hard to pass up. Well if the prospects are projected to be a top4 D or atop 6 F at least

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

Does Noah Hanifin suck?  Rumblings that he might be the main piece we get for Palms.

Don’t think he’s been very good this season, but he’s young, and was a former top 5 pick who was an All Star a couple years ago...

Edited by Nicomo

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Oh, I'd still hang around here.  You're not getting off that easy.

at least then there’d be a reason you have no idea what you’re talking about. 

;) 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

King nothing was a healthy scratch tonight for the first time in his career. I love it. 

Wait, what the heck have they been doing up to now? Scratching whichever of the Russians wasn’t starting and letting The King sit there as a backup?

12 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

King nothing was a healthy scratch tonight for the first time in his career. I love it. 

image.gif.c9bb68195773295e22dc1bc8a4b392b3.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wait, what the heck have they been doing up to now? Scratching whichever of the Russians wasn’t starting and letting The King sit there as a backup?

Yup lol I know this kid Shesterkin has been playing really well but I don't hate his guts just yet so I'm just enjoying seeing King nothing fulfill his destiny of not winning a cup with them...

https://www.newsday.com/amp/sports/hockey/rangers/rangers-hurricanes-henrik-lundqvist-1.42046254

Lundqvist had served as the backup for eight straight games, behind either Igor Shesterkin or Alexandar Georgiev. 

it's kind of not a good news tho that the rangers have 2 others goalies who can just replace him 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

it's kind of not a good news tho that the rangers have 2 others goalies who can just replace him 

I ain’t jealous. We have a damn good goalie ourselves. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I ain’t jealous. We have a damn good goalie ourselves. 

I'm not jealous either and seeing king nothing fall from grace is very enjoyable. I'm so happy he never won a cup with them. They sure did come close during that window but in the end the king always crumbled when it mattered the most. 

• Like 1