CommonDreads

2019-20 Around the League Thread

I saw someone online once say the Blackhawks logo has a set of elongated balls in the chief’s hair and I will never be able to unsee it...

still think they have the best jerseys though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I saw someone online once say the Blackhawks logo has a set of elongated balls in the chief’s hair and I will never be able to unsee it...

still think they have the best jerseys though. 

These were the original prototypes for the KC Scouts jerseys (could've been when they were still trying to push through the MO-hawks nickname...the "MO" was capitalized to show that that KC was in Missouri as well as Kansas...this nickname was obviously shot down by the Black Hawks (back then it was two words).  As one would expect, this jersey was also objected to by the Black Hawks...was a pretty cool-looking jersey though:

See the source image

14 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Per Icethetics, looks like nearly all teams are getting an alternate or “fourth jersey” next season.

https://www.icethetics.com/jerseywatch-2020

This has been discussed over the past few weeks on a jersey collecting forum I am in and it is consistent.  Looks like there will be a standard template that all teams will follow and can be indeed described as “throwback with a twist.”

Ugh I don't wanna see this trash. There especially better not be some bullsh!t KC Scouts or Colorado Rockies jerseys. fvck outta here with that garbage. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Ugh I don't wanna see this trash. There especially better not be some bullsh!t KC Scouts or Colorado Rockies jerseys. fvck outta here with that garbage. 

I have absolutely zero inside knowledge on which to base this, but I could see a primarily green Devils jersey (maybe based on the whites and greens on the current Retros swapping places as a starting point, with, say, a string tie instead of the current neck...not saying that I would love that, but at least the colors would have some relevance) before going back to the Scouts or Rockies.  

There actually was a time (maybe 10-12 years ago) that the idea of suiting up in Rockies uniforms for one game per year kinda-sorta appealed to me...but not anymore.  You've now got two sets of Devils retros that you can wear...the old red and greens (which we've obviously seen), and the original red and blacks.  That's as far back as I care to go.  Seeing the now "retro" red and blacks make an appearance would be painful, because that "Didn't need to fvck with it" design would just remind me how superior that was to what they wear now. 

• Like 2

I love our retro uni's when we where them.  I guess they're considered our 3rd jerseys? Somebody did a really cool 3rd jersey that was posted here from twitter. Of course our logo but the design was morel like Hawks jersey w/ our colors.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:46 AM, vadvlfan said:

I love our retro uni's when we where them.  I guess they're considered our 3rd jerseys? Somebody did a really cool 3rd jersey that was posted here from twitter. Of course our logo but the design was morel like Hawks jersey w/ our colors.

I love our white 3rd jerseys. The red and green not so much.

Gonna be one of the weirdos sayin this, but I do not miss the bottom stripes at all and think the new jerseys look great. 

11 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I love our white 3rd jerseys. The red and green not so much.

Gonna be one of the weirdos sayin this, but I do not miss the bottom stripes at all and think the new jerseys look great. 

Yeah me too (re:  the bolded), just wish they'd stop sucking in them.

The truncated shoulder yokes and floatie sleeve stripes bother me more than the deleted bottom stripe.  If the Devils went to a wider yoke and sleeve stripes more in line with the previous design, I could live with the bottom stripe being missing (though I'd sign up for a return of the old red and blacks right now).  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah me too (re:  the bolded), just wish they'd stop sucking in them.

The truncated shoulder yokes and floatie sleeve stripes bother me more than the deleted bottom stripe.  If the Devils went to a wider yoke and sleeve stripes more in line with the previous design, I could live with the bottom stripe being missing (though I'd sign up for a return of the old red and blacks right now).  

agree with the shoulder thing. should round it off. it does look weird. 

Edited by pumpkin cutter
  • Like 1

I am to the point where I am completely used to the new design.  When I see the previous Reebok Edge era design it looks funny now (though not in a bad way).

While I like the white heritage design more than the red retro's, I do with they would release an Adidas version of the red retros to at least compliment the white ones we have been wearing the past couple of seasons.

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

I am to the point where I am completely used to the new design.  When I see the previous Reebok Edge era design it looks funny now (though not in a bad way).

While I like the white heritage design more than the red retro's, I do with they would release an Adidas version of the red retros to at least compliment the white ones we have been wearing the past couple of seasons.

I'm definitely used to them, just not a huge fan (especially the reds).  Never will be. 

• Like 1

i would like stripes if they did them like chigago. minus the white. just have 2 stripes. better yet 3 for the 3 cups we won. not a fan of the white black white. 3 stripes solid black. 

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm definitely used to them, just not a huge fan (especially the reds).  Never will be. 

Well not with that attitude !!! :P

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well not with that attitude !!! :P

I was hoping that they would grow on me in time.  Like I've said, I can take the whites better than the reds...and overall, I've gotten used to them, but every time I put on one of my old red and blacks before a game, I'm just instantly reminded of how much better that design was. 

I do think the white Heritages are terrific...and I'm not some huge red and green guy (I always approved of the '92-'93 switch to the red and blacks).  I've said it before, but if the organization ever swapped out the green for black on the Heritage jerseys and made a couple of other slight tweaks, I'd love for that to replace the current whites.  Won't happen though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's the weirdest part to me. I have always preferred the reds, but in this current jersey, the whites definitely look better. Go figure. 

• Like 1

The Oilers' Colby Cave is in a medically induced coma from a brain bleed apparently... pretty scary.  Non-Covid-19 related apparently.  Hoping for a full and quick recovery for him.

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Pretty much admitted he only plays for the money...

Sounds like he hates living in NYC...

I love it! I so hope he bolts back to Russia and leaves them high and dry. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I can imagine Devils players will not be too happy either.

However, given everything that is going on, I am not going to feel bad for millionaires about this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Pretty much admitted he only plays for the money...

Sounds like he hates living in NYC...

I love it! I so hope he bolts back to Russia and leaves them high and dry. 

This is the kind of good sh!t I needed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This is the kind of good sh!t I needed.

Me too lol.

omg....... what the fvck is this sh!t? 

This is by far the worst Devils gear i've ever seen. 

Guarantee that anyone buying this are the same people who wore those button-ups shirts with flames or dragons. 

1277771959_ScreenShot2020-04-11at2_31_50AM.thumb.png.485b859613e6b8b370b850a7a336b485.png

• Shocking 1

26 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Guarantee that anyone buying this are the same people who wore those button-ups shirts with flames or dragons. 

1277771959_ScreenShot2020-04-11at2_31_50AM.thumb.png.485b859613e6b8b370b850a7a336b485.png

So Ricky from TPB? 

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Um, that's awful. Really, really awful.