2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

So CR, I started removing the shoulders from the jerseys but you'll just have to trust me on this one.... not great haha. And flipping the stripes around looked great on the black jerseys, and looked way way way weird on the other jerseys. However, in the process of doing that I wanted to see what it looked like if the Devils were to fully remove the circle behind the logo. And... I'm obsessed. Especially on the white jersey. 

all three.jpg

Yeah some things sound better in theory than they look in reality.  I wouldn't mind seeing what they would've looked liked though, just to see.  Kinda surprised that the flipped stripes didn't work on the reds.  

I do think the no-circle logo works on the white and black jerseys.  Not as much so on the red, but I wouldn't say that it looks bad.  

If the yokes are to stay, I'd like to see them extended (like they are with the Heritage jerseys).  The chopped look has bothered me from Day 1.

Of the three jerseys above, I actually like the black ones the most.  

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

In the end the results still ended up looking like this below and 4 out of the 11 playoff years he was in ending with an OT goal he gave up and some pathetic ot goals in other games along the way, nice stroll down memory lane for king nothing...

Nuff said. 

It's OK I get it, you hate the Rangers and you hate Lundqvist.  I do too.  And you want to lay a lot of the blame for the Rangers never getting over the hump on him.  But I can take a step back and realize that during most of his prime years and during that four-year run, he simply wasn't the issue.  His teammates could've given him more support and wasted less of his better playoff performances.  It's insane that they played 76 playoff games in four seasons and reached just one SCF.  

BUT

I definitely don't feel sorry for the guy in the slightest.  And I'm glad that it's MARTY who got to hoist the Cup three times to Henrik's zero.  And that it's Marty with the far more cluttered trophy case.  Even several of the dumber Ranger fans that I know (well, most Ranger fans are some level of dumb when it comes to hockey) respect Marty and don't even think of making a case for Lundqvist being better.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

So CR, I started removing the shoulders from the jerseys but you'll just have to trust me on this one.... not great haha. And flipping the stripes around looked great on the black jerseys, and looked way way way weird on the other jerseys. However, in the process of doing that I wanted to see what it looked like if the Devils were to fully remove the circle behind the logo. And... I'm obsessed. Especially on the white jersey. 

Re:  the bolded...wow were you correct!  

Reading LeBrun’s article about Gallant, and at the end he mentioned that the league is discussing having the draft in June, before resuming the season in July..... how in the fvck do they ever think that could work, with regard to the lottery, draft order, conditional picks, etc? There’s no way you can do a draft before the season is declared over.

20 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

In the end the results still ended up looking like this below and 4 out of the 11 playoff years he was in ending with an OT goal he gave up and some pathetic ot goals in other games along the way, nice stroll down memory lane for king nothing...

Devils_top_Rangers_gm1.jpg

2006-04-30-back.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

2007-05-05-back.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

05rangers.650.2.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp

capitals_ovechkin_celebrates_winninggoal

21rangers-11-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75

ElementaryVariableKiskadee-size_restrict

2012-05-26-back.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRltYYxaIhsvRqgHeKi2P8

NY-CI747_SP_HOF_P_20130516233241.jpg

2013-05-26-back.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

kingsstangoal.gif?w=1000

b0614.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=300

dHa4cvr.png

CgpX5eIUYAAcsft.jpg:large

back7.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=300

rangersweb-4-superJumbo.jpg

Marty... 

11daa7054aba6eef1f7495fd6511186c.jpg

51F8NxqU1xL._AC_.jpg

brodeur02.jpg

Nuff said. 

Quoting this just so we can all see this fine work again

• Like 3

On 4/20/2020 at 1:41 PM, MB3 said:

With my newfound abundance of free time and limited graphic design ability, I took a stab at some black alternates. @SterioDesign, I know you can one-up me -- tag, you're it.

devils black jersey.jpg

Good job dude. Sadly i do not have an abundance of time lately,  im busier than ever lol so yours will be it :P

On 4/21/2020 at 2:33 PM, MB3 said:

all three.jpg

I used to have a black Devils hat with the NJ logo w/o the circle.   It was by far my favorite Devils hat I've owned.  I love the idea of using it on a black 3rd jersey  

2 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I used to have a black Devils hat with the NJ logo w/o the circle.   It was by far my favorite Devils hat I've owned.  I love the idea of using it on a black 3rd jersey  

I had that hat too.  The logo without the circle just looks right on the black jerseys for some reason, the same way it did on that hat.  I don't like it on the red (at all) or white (it's ok but not great).  The more I look at this mockup, the more I'm hoping for something like it if/when they introduce a 3rd that isn't a retro.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I had that hat too.  The logo without the circle just looks right on the black jerseys for some reason, the same way it did on that hat.  I don't like it on the red (at all) or white (it's ok but not great).  The more I look at this mockup, the more I'm hoping for something like it if/when they introduce a 3rd that isn't a retro.  

I have yet to see a potential new 3rd jersey design that trumps what MB3's done.  Originally I was thinking I wouldn't mind some kind of circle as part of the crest, but now I'm 100% fine with his full uni design as is.  Looks incredibly clean and isn't too much of a radical departure from the reds and whites (though I think it's better than both).  Every time I look at MB3's design, my first thought is "I would buy one of those tomorrow if they were available."

Agree in that I think I'd rather see the current logo stay put on the reds and whites (though the no-circle logo on the whites doesn't look bad).  The shoulder yokes for those jerseys desperately need to be extended though.  More and more I'm convinced that's killing the overall look.  But I'm pretty sure that there won't be a "refresh" of the current jerseys...I think these stay as is, until new ones come out (I'm guessing within 3-5 years...the current design isn't timeless and I don't think it lasts nearly as long as the previous one did).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

How is it McDonough gets the axe, but Stan Bowman is squeaky clean?  I understand how he couldn't keep the band together because of Cap issues, but he's made some pretty sh>itty decisions last few years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

How is it McDonough gets the axe, but Stan Bowman is squeaky clean?  I understand how he couldn't keep the band together because of Cap issues, but he's made some pretty sh>itty decisions last few years.

The article indicates Bowman could be next.

5 hours ago, jagknife said:

I also know nothing of the KHL, but:

Don't want to put carriage in front of the horse, but this would be nice I guess.

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah there was rumours with the Rangers and MTL too. So if we can land him... thats a bonus that they didnt

MTL do have a lot of Finish players so that might convince him.

Not sure if it's about who coughs up more $$, rather where can he be top 4 and prove his worth going fw. (more ice time etc. ) I wouldn't rule out the Sens either. Hopefully we have a leg up in that dept.?

This part of the memo is....interesting. Teams have 7 days to reform the trade or take the league's suggested solution. If that's not saying "we're pretty much doing this draft whether you like it or not", I don't know what is

Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun
· 12h
- conditional trades involving 2020 picks. The NHL says it has reviewed the 15 trades that involve conditional picks with playoff implications and would be ready to suggest solutions to each trade or have both teams agree to “reform the trade on terms acceptable to both teams.”
I really suck at copy/pasting stuff from twitter but you get the point. Top part (M> Sturino) The only problem with NJ/Van. coming to an agreement would be tough in that VA. doesn't have a 2nd rounder either. My thought is (for example) send us Jake Virtanen & a 2nd rounder, & we'll call it a day. (not to say I'm drooling over J.V. but using him as an example. A third rounder is not enough unless Peterson/Boeser is attached.