CommonDreads

2019-20 Around the League Thread

Yeahhh isn't DeAngelo kinda known as a piece of sh!t throughout the league?

I think I read somewhere that if he was a plug-level player he'd have washed out already.  But since he's got some legit talent, he's kept around.  You know, one of those deals.

Game 7 of the 2003 finals is on right now.  I can't believe we still had Albelin on the team still, thought he had retired by then, and also kinda forgot that Gionta was on that team and won a Cup - for some reason I thought he came a couple years later.  

It's fun seeing some lesser known guys that were role players...Grant Marshall, Turner Stevenson, etc.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Game 7 of the 2003 finals is on right now.  I can't believe we still had Albelin on the team still, thought he had retired by then, and also kinda forgot that Gionta was on that team and won a Cup - for some reason I thought he came a couple years later.  

It's fun seeing some lesser known guys that were role players...Grant Marshall, Turner Stevenson, etc.  

Grant Marshall was awesome in the playoffs that year. He scored 6 goals. Only Langs and Friesen had more. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Grant Marshall was awesome in the playoffs that year. He scored 6 goals. Only Langs and Friesen had more. 

Yeah, sometimes I forget we had him altogether, let alone how well he actually played for us in the playoffs. 

49 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

The years do blend together, I completely forgot Gionta was on that team too. 

• Like 2

One of my favorite sentences ever, and I get chills when I hear it, is... "Scott Stevens, you and I have done this before...come get the Stanley Cup!"  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

One of my favorite sentences ever, and I get chills when I hear it, is... "Scott Stevens, you and I have done this before...come get the Stanley Cup!"  

Never gets old.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

905BD7D1-8D7D-488A-94FA-BFB8403815C4.gif

Was going to say, he has "fallen" so far based on the expectations when he was drafted lol. 

• Like 1

Only seeing it from Strickland but:

If they actually agree to an extension of the CBA, even if for just 3 more years, I'll actually be a little more impressed with the NHL & NHLPA. We've joked about "if you have time, use it" from the coaching/GM standpoint but this is stick-tap worthy in my book.

Furthermore, from The Bob Father, a deal is close to in place to extend all currently expiring contracts to 30 October making Halloween this year's 1 July.

• Like 1

my buddy just sent me this lol I legit don't know how Calgary and Vancouver could be worst than Philly? Well say this list is somewhat legit

I guess we're just exposed more to them

RenderedImage.thumb.jpeg.eb9c8efca5214fd2ec87784d59aa6620.jpeg

No boston in this list? I don`t believe it.

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

my buddy just sent me this lol I legit don't know how Calgary and Vancouver could be worst than Philly? Well say this list is somewhat legit

I guess we're just exposed more to them

RenderedImage.thumb.jpeg.eb9c8efca5214fd2ec87784d59aa6620.jpeg

Calgary and Vancouver over Philly? Lmfao.

Posted (edited)

The two most vulgar fanbases are Canadians? How is that even possible?

And I have never been to a Bruins game, but I have watched a guy walking down the street in Boston wearing a Yankees hat get completely cursed out and have stuff thrown at him. I can't imagine the hpckey fanbase is shockingly civil.  

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

I’ve never been to a Canucks game, but I have been to Vancouver, and the people there couldn’t have been any nicer. Hard to believe they’re that high. But they did riot when they lost in the Cup finals last time, so I guess they’re a pretty passionate fan base...

1 hour ago, CarterforPresident said:

Maple leafs are lower then NJD. Enough said, list is sh!t.

Well the leafs may have a bunch of weirdos for sure in the stands but the Devils have an organized and celebrated Hey you suck chant from the crowd... it's cranking up your score quite a bit lol

23 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well the leafs may have a bunch of weirdos for sure in the stands but the Devils have an organized and celebrated Hey you suck chant from the crowd... it's cranking up your score quite a bit lol

That poll seems to be based on subreddit posts, not arena chants. 

Maybe the fact that “you suck” is profane in Canada pushes up the Vancouver and Calgary numbers. That’s just part of our everyday vocabulary here. 

58 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Hey you suck, not a big deal to me personally. The flyers swallow, I can see that.

1 minute ago, CarterforPresident said:

Hey you suck, not a big deal to me personally. The flyers swallow, I can see that.

oh right.. there's that one too.

with that in mind are you still surprised? lol

15 hours ago, CarterforPresident said:

A swallow is just a kind of bird, don’t be prejudiced against us because we are orinthologically inclined. 

• Haha 3

Isles got Sorokin to sign his entry level contract and he'll be here for the playoffs. It'll be very interesting to see how his game translates to the NHL and how it may affect Askarov's value