2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

Yeah but Toronto was already forced to give up their first this year... that's also something you'd think you don't just give away... But thanks to Lou who was once again unable to help himself and signed an old vet to a bad contract that would put the team in a tough spot the very next year. They had to make this terrible trade that was not going their way other than making room.

So in the same spirit they may have to take a hit with the return on one of their player

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Well with all due respect Dave, you didn't have to immediately scoop up a coach who had been canned in-season and whose teams hadn't really shown anything to lead one to believe that he was worthy of another HC gig right way.  Maybe YOU need to do a better job?  

Fire!!!

Well i know how frustrating it is that the Rangers turned it around "so quickly" with their rebuild. But there's 3 HUGE factors here.

1- They got  a ton of luck. Winning 2 lotteries getting them 1 and 2nd overall 2 years in a row. Plus having young goalies either undrafted or late pick turning into great goalies.

2- Location. Typically tons of player want to be traded ONLY to NY or they ONLY want to sign there so that's obviously a huge advantage for them.

3- This sucks cause i have to give them true credits and it's something we should have done and we didnt and that's why we're sooooo far behind now. But few years ago, Glen Sather and Jeff Gorton sat there and evaluated their team and realized they were likely not going to win a cup with the team they had, even-though they had a very decent roster with good players still in their primes. 

So they addressed the fans telling them it would suck but that they had a take a little step back in order to be able to one day get a cup, that this was the ultimate goal and to achieve that you need to make the right steps, being good enough to mayyyyyybe make the playoffs and the the whole "once you're in you never know" to the expense of the future is just not a smart approach. So they decided to be pro-active and retool right then while they could still get a good return on their players, keep some of their core and only skip a beat. They traded Stepan, Raanta, Grabner, Nash, McDonaugh, Miller, McQuaid, Hayes, Vesey, Skjei etc etc etc (hell... put all these guys that they got rid of together and that's a better team than what we actually had in 2015 lol) and they got a bunch of first round picks that they either kept or used for trades to get guys like Trouble, DeAngello, Fox, etc etc and they built a solid young core that should be good for quite awhile. They actually did the right thing.

I know i'm a broken record on that subject and nobody wants to hear this. But it's just the harsh truth and it's even worst that our rivals are showing that it works. We should have never let our team get to the point it was in 2015 based on unrealistic expectations that a below average and as old as jesus roster miiiiiiiight make it in the playoffs and surprise people... and digging ourself an enormous hole that would take YEARS to get out of. I know many posters here loves to ignore this. But you simply do not rebuild a winning team in 5 years when you start with the roster and prospects we had then, you simply cannot. Especially not when a bunch of your decent moves on paper turn into disasters.

Edited by SterioDesign

The Rangers haven’t turned any damn corner yet. Very young just like us. Do they have more prospects? Yes. Do they still put on that rotten and unlucky blue shirt? Yes. An organization destined to underachieve. I’ll start beating them off with the rest of you when they actually make a playoffs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

I’ll start beating them off with the rest of you when they actually make a playoffs.

I’m not going to beat any of them off whether they make the playoffs or not. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, T0asterleav1ns said:

The rangers havent turned around sh!t. 

They have no centers, and a bunch of D prospects who haven't played 1 game in the nhl. 

The Kreider contract sucks, and Trouba has been disappointing.

Right and they made the fake playoffs by the skin of their teeth and only because the league changed the rules midstream. 

Sh!tstork looks like he’ll be a good goalie. They had a good goalie for years and did d!ck with him. 

Also, fvck Lafreniere, Alexis is a girl’s name anyway. 

• Like 1

well you guys should say this to the posters here (i forgot exactly who but we can probably guess a few) saying Shero sucked for not being able to rebuild the team in 5 years and that the Rangers rebuild was way better and faster.

But no matter the results, they STILL did the right thing at least and never hit rock bottom like we did in 2015

Edited by SterioDesign

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

well you guys should say this to the posters here (i forgot exactly who but we can probably guess a few) saying Shero sucked for not being able to rebuild the team in 5 years and that the Rangers rebuild was way better and faster.

But no matter the results, they STILL did the right thing at least and never hit rock bottom like we did in 2015

I think I feel about the Rangers the way you do about PK lol. My hatred may be slightly irrational.

I do think my points about their team are valid though.

3 hours ago, T0asterleav1ns said:

I think I feel about the Rangers the way you do about PK lol. My hatred may be slightly irrational.

I've been that way my whole life. And I'm older I guess, lol

Ain't stopping now

28 minutes ago, titans04 said:

@MikeKellyNHL: Quinn Hughes appreciation tweet:

10 for 10 on outlet passes (including 1 from his stomach).
21 for 22 on passes in the offensive zone.
Bank, strech pass to set up Horvat OT goal.
#Canucks https://twitter.com/MikeKellyNHL/status/1294461256359845888/video/1
Shared via TweetCaster

Incredible

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

@MikeKellyNHL: Quinn Hughes appreciation tweet:

10 for 10 on outlet passes (including 1 from his stomach).
21 for 22 on passes in the offensive zone.
Bank, strech pass to set up Horvat OT goal.
#Canucks https://twitter.com/MikeKellyNHL/status/1294461256359845888/video/1
Shared via TweetCaster

I was leaning more Sanderson if we go d at 7, but man...is Drysdale tempting. I’m seeing a lot of Q Hughes/Makar comparisons. 

6 hours ago, T0asterleav1ns said:

I do think my points about their team are valid though.

Well i may say that i hate him lol I don't really "hate" him like i hate say... Rob Zombie. I'd throw hard objects on fire at rob zombie and burn his house. Subban just makes me roll my eyes like hamster wheels, I just can't stand his egomaniac personality lol. So it's not really irrational... i mean, if someone can't see that he's an attention whore... i'm not sure if they should be able to drive a vehicle or use firearms lol I do think he's fun and probably someone fun to hangout out in small doses lol

And you're not wrong about the Rangers either. They haven't proven anything yet. But at least they have the tools and assets to get better. It's not guaranteeing anything... but again... at least there's hope ahead. What we had in 2015 was sitting at rock bottom with no hope and nothing to grab on. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well i may say that i hate him lol I don't really "hate" him like i hate say... Rob Zombie. I'd throw hard objects on fire at rob zombie and burn his house. Subban just makes me roll my eyes like hamster wheels, I just can't stand his egomaniac personality lol. So it's not really irrational... i mean, if someone can't see that he's an attention whore... i'm not sure if they should be able to drive a vehicle or use firearms lol I do think he's fun and probably someone fun to hangout out in small doses lol

And you're not wrong about the Rangers either. They haven't proven anything yet. But at least they have the tools and assets to get better. It's not guaranteeing anything... but again... at least there's hope ahead. What we had in 2015 was sitting at rock bottom with no hope and nothing to grab on. 

I need more context here... Why do you hate him so much. I haven’t cared for most of his movies (except House 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects), but I certainly don’t mind him. Is there something horrible I’m not aware of? 

9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I need more context here... Why do you hate him so much. I haven’t cared for most of his movies (except House 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects), but I certainly don’t mind him. Is there something horrible I’m not aware of? 

Yes there is a story here that we need to hear. 

12 hours ago, Nicomo said:

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes there is a story here that we need to hear. 

Well do you want the long or short version? lol