GDT: Devils vs Isles 7:00 PM @ The Rock 9/21

Jerzey

Just now, pumpkin cutter said:

No, but the fact he will blocks shots and doesn’t make many mistakes will land him the spot. I think he’s perfect for the 4th line. 

Yup, not noticing him on the offensive side means he’s not been a disaster, which is basically what he’d need to do to earn 4th line minutes. 

Schneider might be back, or at least closer to the old Schneider. He made a ton of saves on second and third chances, and seemed to be moving well. He was out of position a few times but was able to scramble back in a way he couldn't last year. I'm still a little nervous with Cormier as the third string only because he has so little experience. 

Gusev and Nico together are fun as hell to watch. Between them and Hughes, Subban, Hall, etc, I can't remember seeing a team this entertaining. In have no idea where this team ends up but unlike last year, this will be some entertaining hockey

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 4

Weird seeing some negative comments on Schneider (as well as Matt Loughlin calling out his rebound control a few times on the broadcast). I think our defense made him have to make a ton of really high quality saves yesterday, the rebounds were the least of my worries. They were largely not tidy at the back.

As for Ty Smith, we know what he's capable of, we know how good he can play. Part of growing pains for a young D isn’t just how you play, but knowing what to do during the offseason, knowing how to show up for camp, what training you need to do and coaches you need to hire in July/August, etc. He just looks unprepared, but we know how good he can be, so hopefully this next 12 days gets him ready.

59 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Not worried about Ty. He's 19. DJE you don't know what he did or didn't in the offseason to prepare himself. If Carrick or PK didn't have social media, we wouldn't know either.  Also - I want to see how he does in the next couple games when the roster is a little more rounded out. 

They have talked talked extensively how he trained and lived with Brandon Gallagher of the Montreal Canadians during the off-season. 

On 9/22/2019 at 9:46 AM, devlman said:

Gusev may be the best acquisition of them all this season. He looks really good with whoever he plays with. Elite stick handle, very crafty and smart player. Reminds me of Elias in so many ways.

Agreed, I feel the same way in re: to Elias.