One More Offseason Topic: Zajac's Number Retired One Day?

Colorado Rockies 1976

8 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Well McMullen was how many seasons ago, three or four? So maybe it’s not defunct, but I figured we would see one a year cause we definitely have enough people to fill that criteria

Yeah that would make sense. 

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Lou is next, but he needs to retire from GM’ing first. 

I guess honoring a local rival’s GM wouldn’t be a great look. 

Zajac doesn’t deserve to have his jersey retired, but he’s been a solid player for a long, long time. If the Devils restart their Ring of Honor, he would definitely deserve to be inducted into that group.

Zajac IMO is actually a 1990s/2000s type of Devils player, but unlike the great, very good, and good players who played on those past Devils teams who were surrounded by many other quality players, Zajac hasn’t had much around him quality player-wise in recent years. Unlike many Devils players of recent years, Zajac could have played on those very good, past Devils teams and been a useful piece of puzzle in helping them win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

You were Kakko`s picker in april, so... i don`t belive in this zajac`s thing. And this red-white strange lettering across my chest doesn`t mean nothing.

Yeah, I wish I understood what this meant.

Yes on Kakko, but time will tell on that and maybe not just the first five minutes of their careers.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

i don't tea kettle what you iguana is, my man. 

it was a joke about "don`t blame anyone when you are kakko fan", - it`s a logical, funny and it`s a reason to not belive in words about zajac`s number. And after that - i was going to self-irony about the inscription(ny rangers have  red-white letters on uniform) on chest - this inscription is on me becouse i wanted hang up zajac`s number in posts before(like titan said) - the joke contradicts me in my disbelief and returns to the beginning.

i don`t like to explain joke, my lenguage in joke and in explain was bad, sorry for all of that. it`s a reason to finish with that.

Edited by Guadana

10 minutes ago, Guadana said:

it was a joke about "don`t blame anyone when you are kakko fan", - it`s a logical, funny and it`s a reason to not belive in words about zajac`s number. And after that - i was going to self-irony about the inscription(ny rangers have  red-white letters on uniform) on chest - this inscription is on me becouse i wanted hang up zajac`s number in posts before(like titan said) - the joke contradicts me in my disbelief and returns to the beginning.

i don`t like to explain joke, my lenguage in joke and in explain was bad, sorry for all of that. it`s a reason to finish with that.

It’s probably not nice of us to pick on your translating, but we do it with love my man.

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s probably not nice of us to pick on your translating, but we do it with love my man.

it`s not probably so unnice of you as to not to pick to hang up zajac`s number, you unfeeling bvstards.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 3

I'm not sure how I feel about retiring Zajac's jersey. Like CR said, he's been a loyal Devil, and the last of the Devils committed to the LL credo. He's been a great player for our franchise too. But, I'll wait to see what the Devils accomplish in his last few seasons with the team.

What's more pressing to me is the captaincy. Everyone seems to be ready to hand it to Hall. But I'm of the unpopular opinion it should go to Zajac next, should Greene leave after this year.

1 hour ago, Neb00rs said:

I'm not sure how I feel about retiring Zajac's jersey. Like CR said, he's been a loyal Devil, and the last of the Devils committed to the LL credo. He's been a great player for our franchise too. But, I'll wait to see what the Devils accomplish in his last few seasons with the team.

What's more pressing to me is the captaincy. Everyone seems to be ready to hand it to Hall. But I'm of the unpopular opinion it should go to Zajac next, should Greene leave after this year.

I'd have to disagree with the captaincy. Assuming Hall is re-signed, he's the leader. There's no point in putting it on Zajac who is only a year younger than Greene. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'd have to disagree with the captaincy. Assuming Hall is re-signed, he's the leader. There's no point in putting it on Zajac who is only a year younger than Greene. 

I'd love for Hall to earn the "C", he's the guy you want to be it in your heart of hearts. But the fact is, in hockey, the captaincy is special and it means more than just being vocal in the locker room. You gotta not only be a leader on the ice and off, but, in my opinion, you have to own your community as well. I haven't seen that from Hall. Hall hasn't even stated that he wants to stay here yet. It's possible by the time he re-signs that he gets there but for now, yeah, I'll go with the guy who is approaching 1000 games with the team and has been a team leader for many of those years - and has always fully bought in to what it means to be a Devil. Zajac most likely won't have his number retired but a good way to honor him would be with the "C" in his final year(s) with the team.