One More Offseason Topic: Zajac's Number Retired One Day?

Colorado Rockies 1976

I think I have said this multiple times, but to be honest, none of us are in the locker room and none of us know who is and is not a leader. None of us have the slightest qualification to suggest who should or shouldn't be captain.

That said, I would not give it to Zajac at this point. There is no point in giving it to a guy who may only be around another season or two. Figure out which of these young guys is the leader and give it to that guy, whether that be Taylor Hall or someone else. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I mean, Hall straight up asked for Hughes locker to be placed next to his, that sounds like leader/captain material to me...

That’s true. Then again, he has not committed to playing here beyond this year. If you wants to put pen to paper, I’d consider it.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:13 PM, mfitz804 said:

I wouldn’t have a problem with it if it did happen, but I don’t think it’s necessary. He was on the roster for a really long time, mostly when the team was sh!t. 

I would be fine with the Ring of Honor, but so far we have one dude in there, it’s not so much a “ring” of anything. 

This is precisely how I feel.