Sign in to follow this  
MB3

NJDEVS 2019-2020 Bold Predictions

Posted (edited)

Let’s make terrible hot-takes so we can laugh at ourselves in the offseason. 

1. The devils will have a losing record through the first 20 games but make the playoffs. 

2. Pavel Zacha will score 20 goals and mfitz will spontaneously combust like a dying star. 

3. Cory Schneider proves that he was only slowed by injury and posts his best season ever as a New Jersey Devil, earning himself a Vezina nomination. 

4. Taylor Hall signs a contract extension before the calendar hits November. 

5. Jack Hughes breaks the devils all-time assists record as a rookie. 

6. Jesper Boqvist has more points than Blake Coleman and Travis Zajac combined. 

7. Micro Mueller takes a gigantic leap forward and goes from “turnstile” to “bad defenseman”

8. The devils win a playoff series, and lose in the quarterfinals to the eventual cup champion Toronto Maple Leafs. 

Edited by MB3
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Nice thread idea MB3!

1. Boqvist scores between 25-30 goals.

2. P.K Subban scores 70 points this season on the 1st D pairing and PP1, Norris nomination

3. Schneider plays 65 games this season 

4. Damon Severson has a breakout season and scores 15-ish goals and 35-ish assists

5. Nico Hischier has a dominating season as our 1st line center, 30 goals and 80 points

6. This board will go 7 straight games without a single post being made to sh!t on Andy Greene's play

7 @mfitz804 will go 3 straight games without posting the ''Almost'' Zacha meme (EXTREMELY bold prediction ;) )

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1

First off, I really appreciate that I made an appearance in both of the lists above. I’m on your minds.

1) The breakout new guy will be Nikita Gusev. 

2) Zajac will have one of his better seasons ever. 

3) Blackwood will play well enough to be a true 1A goalie. 

4) Zacha will score 20 goals and the “Almost” rag will be reassigned to Ty Smith. 

5) Taylor Hall will re-sign for 8 years, get married, and then get divorced when his new wife learns about @MB3

6) Bratt & Boqvist will go toe to toe to see who is better. It will be called the Battle of the Jespers, and everyone will be confused how to say it. Especially Daneyko. 

7) There will be a race to see who gets to claim the screen name Devs4cups.

• Like 2

Nikita Gusev will finish second on the team in points and have 45+ assists.

My predictions:

1) Zacha will get about 10-15 goals and end up with about 25-30 points.  Basically a tiny bit of improvement.

2) Gusev will end up with about 25 goals and about 45-50 points.

3) Hughes will win the Calder

4) Simmonds will start to be scratched by January every couple of games.

5) Boqvist will notch about 15-20 goals.

6) Mueller will stink even more

7) Schneider will return to form before his injury.  Blackwood will be solid in his outings with some rough patches.  Idea going into season was probably 51-31 split for starts but ends up 61-21 split in favor of Schneider.

8. Hischier will break out and meet or exceed 65 points.

9) Hall will play at least 65 games and will re-sign for 6 years.

10) PK returns to his Norris-type form.

11) Coleman will only have about 10-12 goals.

Bold predictions:

1) Nico leads the team in points w/ 80+

2) Devils score 275+ goals

3) At least 3 players on opening night roster are not in the organization by the end of the season

4) Blackwood will start more games than Schneider

5) Ty Smith plays at least one game in second round of the playoffs for NJ

• Like 2

I'll only make one:

Hughes will average over a PPG, and play in a minimum of 70 games.  Just have a feeling that this kid is going to develop very quickly this season. 

11 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

Nice thread idea MB3!

1. Boqvist scores between 25-30 goals.

2. P.K Subban scores 70 points this season on the 1st D pairing and PP1, Norris nomination

3. Schneider plays 65 games this season 

4. Damon Severson has a breakout season and scores 15-ish goals and 35-ish assists

5. Nico Hischier has a dominating season as our 1st line center, 30 goals and 80 points

6. This board will go 7 straight games without a single post being made to sh!t on Andy Greene's play

7 @mfitz804 will go 3 straight games without posting the ''Almost'' Zacha meme (EXTREMELY bold prediction ;) )

I swear, if Hynes uses him as he should (limited 5v5 minutes, but keeps his PK role from last year) I'll calm down on my hate for him.

My predictions:

1) Boqvist has a solid year, but Hynes keeps him in and out of the lineup, driving us insane.

2) Schneids wins Comeback Player of the Year, gets a nod for the Vezina

3) Hall signs before Christmas

4) Wood is traded by the New Year

5) Hughes will take a few games, but find his groove

6) Simmonds will beat the living piss out of someone on the Rangers, throwing gas on the rivalry we haven't really felt in a while.

Posted (edited)

1. Devils Start 6-13-1 and Hynes gets fired. (Before I even changed my username)

Edited by CMONPETEYD

I forgot one:

8. Pavel Zacha devises a plan to give me free tickets at center ice 10 rows up, I happily accept them and when I get there, he is waiting there to kick me square in the balls for all of my antics on this board, which he reads regularly. 

He misses by 3 feet. 

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

I finally win the NJDevs FHL league?

But jokes aside:

- The Devils will have four (4) 50 point players for the first time since 2011-2012.  Hell they could even have 5 if people stay healthy.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Funny I just thought of doing a bold predictions thread.

1. Devils finish 2nd in the Metro. The Penguins miss the playoffs for the first time since 05-06.

2. Panthers win the Atlantic.

3. Damon Severson solidifies himself as a legit top pair defenseman.

4. Simmonds top 4 in goals scored on the team.

5. Mike Brown returns in 2020 in time for the playoff push.

6. Seattle's team name is revealed to be the Metropolitans, the league then does away with the Metro division and goes back to the old division names. Only for the NY Mets to sue for trademark infringement and Seattle to change last minute to the Steelheads.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

Of everything listed in this thread so far this is by far the boldest, even Zacha attempting to kick mfitz in the balls is more likely than this.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

Of everything listed in this thread so far this is by far the boldest, even Zacha attempting to kick mfitz in the balls is more likely than this.

I'd argue it would be the most likely thing, if he in fact read NJDevs.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

7) There will be a race to see who gets to claim the screen name Devs4cups.

This is my favorite prediction in this thread. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is my favorite prediction in this thread. 

It has to be me now come on 😠. We're winning it this year so... ;) 

Edited by Devs3cups

On 10/2/2019 at 6:44 AM, MB3 said:

2. Pavel Zacha will score 20 goals and mfitz will spontaneously combust like a dying star. 

Why your second isn’t first? Now you come to njdevs and you “Zacha, mfitz, blablabla” but you don’t even joke with respect.

My predictions:

1) one player from ahl will win his roster place in nhl to the end of the season

2) Shero trade someone for D

3) hall doesn’t sign before deadline and we will hate him more than kovalsvck.

and some extra content

1 Zacha take 30+ points in 4th line, score 18 goals, and when he does his first hat trick we lose one of our best guy for a week. Coma. Zacha will score his hat trick in 6 game of SCF, mfitz oversleep winning game.

2 Zajac will be in nomination for celky, take 55 points, will be next captain and ray will talk about how Zajac’s number will be hang up in the future

3 Ex-hall wife divorced and get married on mb83 because hall doesn’t sign and ask for trade in deadline out of future SC winner

4 western conf winner will be San Jose, they lose to us, Pete svck again

5 devs3cups ask devilminder for change his nickname and devilminder say “no”.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

It has to be me now come on 😠. We're winning it this year so... ;) 

Is this one of those things where I should reserve it in advance only to sell it to its rightful owner later?

All of the pro-Zacha predictions are cracking me up..,but yes, they are VERY bold. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Is this one of those things where I should reserve it in advance only to sell it to its rightful owner later?

All of the pro-Zacha predictions are cracking me up..,but yes, they are VERY bold. 

I wouldn’t mind all that much 😉

The Devils will be in the running for the first overall pick again.

With the D and the goaltending, is their really any doubt this team is awful?