Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

Neb00rs

Stevens also arguably was the death knell to Larsson ever becoming more of a two way defenseman, although it's not necessarily his fault in that Larsson may not have really ever had it in him unless he was being coached by Larry Robinson.

I'm as livid as anyone that the coaches are still here, although maybe Fitzgerald is gradually going to be the one who's really in charge.  Stevens though is not the answer and even if you think that he's shown he can be a good coach in general, it seems pretty clear that he doesn't have his heart in it anymore. 

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Stevens also arguably was the death knell to Larsson ever becoming more of a two way defenseman, although it's not necessarily his fault in that Larsson may not have really ever had it in him unless he was being coached by Larry Robinson.

I'm as livid as anyone that the coaches are still here, although maybe Fitzgerald is gradually going to be the one who's really in charge.  Stevens though is not the answer and even if you think that he's shown he can be a good coach in general, it seems pretty clear that he doesn't have his heart in it anymore. 

I think if Hynes gets the boot that he would be the coach on an interim basis before they get a permanent one in the off-season.

51 minutes ago, Daniel said:

this was something that volchenkov once relayed to me - "not everyone can be a physical guy just because you're big".

• Like 1

Larsson doesn't skate well enough to be involved in offense.  What Stevens got rid of was Larsson's tendency to wait as long as possible to make the breakout pass, something which was probably relatively successful but which led to him getting constantly caved in by opposing forwards.  His body took lots of abuse for the first 3 years he was in the league - it would not surprise me if he is a 60 games a year guy from here on out just because of that.

Yeah he's one of the emergency backups, also the asst GM of the NJ Rockets .  Good locker room guy when he played beer league for us a few times haha.  I haven't asked for tickets but I've seen him around the concourse during games he's assigned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Triumph said:

This sh!t has to go.  Moreover, Severson under Stevens played 19 games, 1 goal, 4 assists, 5 points, -9, 19 shots.  It's pretty much the worst stretch of his career.  But yes, Stevens coaching lifted up his game.

Hence the "might be remembering incorrectly" preface to my post, ya dingus. :wink2:

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

Blackwood was sick today so my buddy ended up filling in for him at practice.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Wy9-xXD333Y/Xa8gb_IfaEI/AAAAAAABMYM/dGHwtiQcygs1UaMgRb_T1fULgekKwYRQQCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2019-10-22.jpg

Yeahhh I'm going to need you to ask his thoughts about the team, how everyone's getting along, what the mood is like with Fitz out there..

Essentially, can he be turned into an inside source for NJDevs?!? :lol: 

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Hence the "might be remembering incorrectly" preface to my post, ya dingus. :wink2:

Yeahhh I'm going to need you to ask his thoughts about the team, how everyone's getting along, what the mood is like with Fitz out there..

Can he apologize to Zacha for me?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I don't know if he could handle the sexual objectification of these degenerates around here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I was gonna say the same thing - pretty crazy/cool that we have someone here who knows/is friends with someone that's a part of the team on that level.  I'd imagine that guy knows/hears things early, perhaps even before media does. 

I talked a few times with one of the assistant equipment managers on instagram cause he's from around Moncton. He's the one who will get sticks to the guys when they break theirs during play or wtv. Fun to see him posting stuff cause he's always with the team and posting about it. 

Just now, titans04 said:

Stop. Her sweater looks great on him!

So does Smokey The Bear's hat. Only PK can prevent forest fires. 

332941_107866_925_smokey_bear_1.png

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

If you were a ripped professional sports player with a net worth over $50 million dollars, you could wear a spinny pinwheel hat on your head and find plenty of girls to tell you it's cool. 

Someone please suggest this to Nico.