Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

Neb00rs

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

Mike Brown offers up contradictory bullet-points, mfitz interrupts him to make a weiner joke, SD tells him that he isn't racist he just thinks PK should use a different water fountain, Neb00rs flies in out of nowhere screaming that Gusev is terrible at defense, MB3 starts yelling at SD, RWTD asks MB3 why he's being an idiot and chirping SD, Nicomo starts giving actual constructive criticism but is quickly interrupted by a well-timed meme from mfitz which elicits a Ray Liotta laugh meme from Mad Dog. CR asks Nicomo to continue his actual constructive criticism but that's again quickly shut down when Daniel shows up and tells Jesper it all doesn't matter, the ownership doesn't care about winning anyway.

Jesper's response:

side eye wtf GIF

Well, I guess I should be happy that MB3 doesn’t have me doing anything d*ckish?

The above is pretty damned funny.  Admittedly this is the sh*t that I’ve been missing on the board as of late.  So much cumulative trauma from all these years of losing has the board more on edge and harsh with each other than I can ever remember, and it’s kinda bummin me out.

This is not any definitive statement on the state of the board...I don’t think it’s better or worse than at any other time, really.  I just want to fast forward to a win streak, where we’re all breathing a little easier and all having a little more fun.  I miss the fun.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Well, I guess I should be happy that MB3 doesn’t have me doing anything d*ckish?

The above is pretty damned funny.  Admittedly this is the sh*t that I’ve been missing on the board as of late.  So much cumulative trauma from all these years of losing has the board more on edge and harsh with each other than I can ever remember, and it’s kinda bummin me out.

This is not any definitive statement on the state of the board...I don’t think it’s better or worse than at any other time, really.  I just want to fast forward to a win streak, where we’re all breathing a little easier and all having a little more fun.  I miss the fun.

Curious that my mentions included seiners and memes, but no anti-Zacha content. I guess that could’ve been implied. 

1 hour ago, Devs3cups said:

Zacha can maybe make up for the defensive mistakes made by Hughes and Gusev? That must be the logic behind it. Although this line might have some issues defensively, it has the potential to be nasty offensively. I'm intrigued.

I guess Hughes has improved his defensive game a bit since the beginning of the season. I'd love to see this line work as the skill Hughes and Gusev have could be amazing to watch.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jagknife said:

Fair point. Maybe his first cup would have been enough to give him time to wait for us to get our sh!t together.

I'm pretty sure Maroon was a guy that waited well into July/August to get signed so it wasn't like he was holding out for a winning team. I think he just wanted a job.

Let me pose this question - if this season continues to look like a complete write-off, should the Devils entertain the idea of trading Subban while retaining salary?

He's got two years left after this one, and I think if you retain enough to bring his salary cap hit into the $6 to $7 million dollar range he'd be an interesting piece for competitive teams. Hell I'd retain 50% but it's not my money.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Let me pose this question - if this season continues to look like a complete write-off, should the Devils entertain the idea of trading Subban while retaining salary?

He's got two years left after this one, and I think if you retain enough to bring his salary cap hit into the $6 to $7 million dollar range he'd be an interesting piece for competitive teams. Hell I'd retain 50% but it's not my money.

I say no. I get that the point of bringing him in was to be competitive now and help retain Hall, but I like what he brings on and off the ice and I think having someone like that around is a good thing. Especially for the young guys. Yea, he is expensive, but it is only 3 years and during that time we dump a lot of cap in other players. If Hall does leave, and this season goes to sh!t, the odds of the team being in dire need of that cap space is in the next 3 years is limited. It makes more sense to just keep him at this point. We gave up very little to get him, and even with retaining his salary we'd get back even less.

Then again, I'm not an owner and it isn't my money either. Maybe they won't want to pay him if the team has 0 shot at winning anything, but who's to say that will be the case either...

I hope he stays here. Even beyond his playing days. Would love to see him on the broadcast or working with the team, but he will prob go national. He has that kind of personality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You want to see more scrubs like Mueller and Tennyson?? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I say no. I get that the point of bringing him in was to be competitive now and help retain Hall, but I like what he brings on and off the ice and I think having someone like that around is a good thing. Especially for the young guys. Yea, he is expensive, but it is only 3 years and during that time we dump a lot of cap in other players. If Hall does leave, and this season goes to sh!t, the odds of the team being in dire need of that cap space is in the next 3 years is limited. It makes more sense to just keep him at this point. We gave up very little to get him, and even with retaining his salary we'd get back even less.

Then again, I'm not an owner and it isn't my money either. Maybe they won't want to pay him if the team has 0 shot at winning anything, but who's to say that will be the case either...

I hope he stays here. Even beyond his playing days. Would love to see him on the broadcast or working with the team, but he will prob go national. He has that kind of personality.

I can see PK settling in the area should the Devils keep him for the next few years at least.  NHL Network films out of Secaucus, and NBC Sports is based in Stamford, CT.  Not to mention the numerous daily talk shows filmed out of NYC, if he's looking to go that route.  It's a good area to live if you want to work in media for your post-playing days career.

• Like 1