Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

Neb00rs

22 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

But if this is beginning of the end of Cory in NJ, I do feel a bit bad for him.  He got way more sh!t than he ever deserved from our fanbase.  To this day there is a larger-than-it-should-be mongoloid portion of our fanbase who often say he was "never good" even though he single-handedly prevented us from any realistic shots at either McDavid or Matthews in their draft years.

With that said, we can't just continue to rattle off losses in hopes he somehow figures it out.  It sucks but it has to be done.

I feel very badly for him.  He's always seemed like a genuinely good guy.  Never bitched about his first season even though he was clearly the better goalie, though it was the other guy that Lou and deBoer gave the "White Knight" treatment to over and over again.  He played extremely well for some rotten teams his first few years here, and never complained then either.  But as we know, predicting decline is not easy to do.  We've seen the ballplayer who's 29 or 30 and has been terrific for most of his career and gets a high-priced 5 or 6 year deal...and then suddenly is never that same player again...seemingly overnight.  It does happen.  And unfortunately it truly does seem like Cory went from being an awfully good puckstopper to mostly awful very very quickly.  And there's just not much reason to think that he'll somehow snap out of this...it's just been going on too long now.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

it sucks for Cory and i know everyone here is frustrated with blowing leads... and the blame was often put on everyone involved, players and coaches. Not that they were always amazing but goaltending was often the main problem. We'd have a way way better record with slightly better goaltending.

So thats encouraging in a way. 

17 minutes ago, titans04 said:

News Flash - Riveting sh!t!

If it came from Chris or the other female whom I won't name, I'd be more upset. But we know Amanda is a talking piece for the team, trying to draw people to care about the every day goings. She's is far down on my disdain list for the coverage of this team.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

I didn't have a huge  issue with it I thought it was semi funny but everything about the guy pisses me off. At this point cutting his hair is what he's best known for this season and that's a bummer.

I just kept thinking how the Devils fired their newly hired social media girl and her replacement is putting up "Breaking News!" bulletins about Wood's hair.

Can't make this stuff up.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wow, guys, it’s a joke about the dude’s crazy hair. Some of you guys are too serious. 

I know it is a joke and supposed to be light-hearted.  It just comes across as a bit tone-deaf.

Team is a dumpster fire and most of the fanbase is eagerly awaiting news of a potential Hall trade/signing as well as our coaches getting canned and putting up a post about Wood's hair as "breaking news!" is not good looks.

12 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I know it is a joke and supposed to be light-hearted.  It just comes across as a bit tone-deaf.

Team is a dumpster fire and most of the fanbase is eagerly awaiting news of a potential Hall trade/signing as well as our coaches getting canned and putting up a post about Wood's hair as "breaking news!" is not good looks.

Nah, not in the manner it was done. If she teased it as "Breaking News tonight at 6pm" and then at 6pm she tells you about Miles' hair, that I would get. The way it was presented, love you dude but you're being way too sensitive. If she said 'Hey Guys" instead of "Breaking News", would you still be upset?

Crack a smile, sometimes all you can do is laugh despite the obvious craptitude of this hockey season. 

Honestly, the biggest issue I have with a post like that is, don't tell me something visual and don't attach a picture. Does she not know "pictures or it didn't happen" is a thing?

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Nah, not in the manner it was done. If she teased it as "Breaking News tonight at 6pm" and then at 6pm she tells you about Miles' hair, that I would get. The way it was presented, love you dude but you're being way too sensitive. If she said 'Hey Guys" instead of "Breaking News", would you still be upset?

Crack a smile, sometimes all you can do is laugh despite the obvious craptitude of this hockey season. 

Honestly, the biggest issue I have with a post like that is, don't tell me something visual and don't attach a picture. Does she not know "pictures or it didn't happen" is a thing?

If she said "hey guys" I think I wouldn't care.  Again, it is more about bad optics than anything.  I rolled my eyes at it more than I get bent out of shape over it.

She did attach pictures of it.  Just him with short hair lol.

10 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

She did attach pictures of it.  Just him with short hair lol.

Separate post and wearing a helmet. Genius. 

Dude did need a haircut, but unfortunately it will cut down on wind resistance, making him skate faster and harder into the opposing goalie and/or boards. 

• Haha 1

Looked up PK's game log from last year...suffice it to say that this sudden lack of offense really isn't so sudden.  After notching 17 points through his first 26 GP last season (pretty normal for him), he disappeared...finished with 14 points over his last 37 GP...add that to this season's production, and that's just 19 points over his last 59 GP (and none in his last 10). 

I really hope he's not on nearly as much of a fast-track decline as he seems to be. 

• Sad 1

On 11/22/2019 at 3:45 PM, mfitz804 said:

Nah, not in the manner it was done. If she teased it as "Breaking News tonight at 6pm" and then at 6pm she tells you about Miles' hair, that I would get.

Remember when she did something like this a season or two ago?  Posted "breaking news for you all shortly" only for it to be an announcement that she had signed a lease or something?

Like, she needs to be a little less tone-deaf.  I like Amanda a lot but some of the stuff she does makes me scratch my head.

Edited by Devilsfan118
My God I cannot type in the morning
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Remember when she did something like this just that a season or two ago?  Posted "breaking news for you all shortly" only for it to be an announcement that she had signed a lease or something?

Like, she needs to be a little less tone-deaf.  I like Amanda a lot but some of the stuff she does makes me scratch my head.

To be fair, it was the Devils team social media that called Wood's haircut "breaking news" and not Amanda.  She did dedicate 3 twitter posts about it though.

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Remember when she did something like this a season or two ago?  Posted "breaking news for you all shortly" only for it to be an announcement that she had signed a lease or something?

Now THAT, I would agree, is completely irritating. 

5 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I think it was her 'own' contract extension but yeah sometimes the bait and switch doesn't go over well.

Without beating up on her too much...I think she's one of those people who simply doesn't realize that she's not nearly as witty and funny as she thinks she is.  And that type can definitely be annoying at times as a result. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

She's the female @mfitz804 ???

Naw I actually find quite a lot of what you post funny and then some.  She has a looooooong way to go before she could ever dream of being a female you. 

• Like 2