Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

Neb00rs

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

His crashthenet/60 is almost non-existent right now. Stupid move by Nas. Why not see what Coleman can do getting some shifts up there? Why fix what isn't broken, I guess. 

Because the Coleman and Goose line has been our best for some time now and it would be stupid to break it up. 

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Coleman and Goose, yea. Zajac has had little to no influence on the offensive aid eof that line. So again, why not try Nico with them? 

Then we literally have one line teams have to worry about shutting down. Need more balance than that. 

I said I thought Wood should get moved up two games ago, so this is one time I actually agree with the coaching decision. 

At the very least Nico, Bratt, Wood, should be hard to play against. Better than Mr Invisible anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Incarcerated Bob but...

Yeah i don't want to hire someone... because of who they are... i want someone for what they can do.

This is backward thinking like the oscars or movies trying to cast specific people to be more inclusive... or a company trying to fill a quota so that there's equal representation... or MTL who need a french speaking coach and GM...

Just get the best person for the job. That's it.

IF Stevens is the best head coach available then sure... I'd trust having Elias joining the staff but not cause he was a Devils.. cause i know he has one of the highest hockey IQ ever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah i don't want to hire someone... because of who they are... i want someone for what they can do.

This is backward thinking like the oscars or movies trying to cast specific people to be more inclusive... or a company trying to fill a quota so that there's equal representation... or MTL who need a french speaking coach and GM...

IF Stevens is the best head coach available then sure... I'd trust having Elias joining the staff but not cause he was a Devils.. cause i know he has one of the highest hockey IQ ever.

I wouldn’t mind giving Stevens a shot as HC. He was a pretty good assistant coach and he’s a pretty smart guy. Elias can have whatever position he wants as far as I’m concerned but I think he could make a good assistant coach.

Not sure who else could be brought in to be honest. No thanks to Maclean. Bruce Driver coaches girls hockey, and I think he’s happy doing that, but he could be a possibility. I can’t think of many other former Devils who are still involved in the NHL. Housley?

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Scary thought to think these decisions maybe based on a popularity contest. There's now a good number of proven high quality head coaches out there.  Imo now is not the time to try your luck with an unproven alumni.  Tired of treading water here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

Scary thought to think these decisions maybe based on a popularity contest. There's now a good number of proven high quality head coaches out there.  Imo now is not the time to try your luck with an unproven alumni.  Tired of treading water here. 

yeah with guys like Gallant, Laviolette and Babcock out there... you don't go with an unproven coach if unless you really have to. If we were a playoffs team with a strong group... then sure maybe you can pull it off.. but we need someone solid

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Please no Brodeur as Gm and Stevens as HC with Elias as AC. I realy like Elias as AC, but no other than Patrik. If they will fvck up - it will be completly destroing or big peace of sh!t on our great past. 

Yeah just look at MTL. Guys like Gainey, Houle, Carboneau were once legends to most... now most fans remember them as failures

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Now this is just sad.  I can't think of another team in the league that would have Wood on their 1st line.  

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

It’s the right move. When the choices are Wood or Zacha, you go with Wood. Should have happened two games ago. 

Yup, it’s an improvement. 

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

2 hours ago, Jerzey said:

I wouldn’t mind giving Stevens a shot as HC. He was a pretty good assistant coach and he’s a pretty smart guy. Elias can have whatever position he wants as far as I’m concerned but I think he could make a good assistant coach.

Not sure who else could be brought in to be honest. No thanks to Maclean. Bruce Driver coaches girls hockey, and I think he’s happy doing that, but he could be a possibility. I can’t think of many other former Devils who are still involved in the NHL. Housley?

I think Stevens could be an effective coach for the same reason he was a great captain; guys would be afraid to piss him off lol

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not much worse than the current state of affairs. 

how many teams through history fired a coach and got an interim coach until they find a new head coach... a lot of teams.

then how many teams fired their coach and replaced him with 3 guys? that happened once in history.. 

Its like a team having 3 captains. wtf

Edited by SterioDesign

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

how many teams through history fired a coach and got an interim coach until they find a new head coach... a lot of teams.

then how many teams fired their coach and replaced him with 3 guys? that happened once in history.. 

I’d take 3 captains if none of them were Andy Greene...

31 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I didn’t say it wasn’t stupid lol.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah just look at MTL. Guys like Gainey, Houle, Carboneau were once legends to most... now most fans remember them as failures

It’s what happened to Johnny Mac here- Johnny Mac was a terrific Devil. He scored the first absolutely huge goal in the history of the franchise in ‘88. He was a stalwart for years, a part of the identity. And now, pretty much all anyone talks about is how horrible he was as a head coach.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s what happened to Johnny Mac here- Johnny Mac was a terrific Devil. He scored the first absolutely huge goal in the history of the franchise in ‘88. He was a stalwart for years, a part of the identity. And now, pretty much all anyone talks about is how horrible he was as a head coach.

Yup exactly. Plus he doesnt have the luxury of being in the rafters

• Like 1