Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

Neb00rs

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Re Zacha: Is he still technically ‘young’ and capable of developing further? I suppose. Does he look, in any way shape or form - in any fvcking world - that he is progressing? Absolutely not. He honestly looks embarrassing out there. The effort literally isn’t there. 

The last game against Washington I spotted him coasting entire shifts. He doesn’t appreciate being here and given the chances his draft position has afforded him. He can gtfo.

As far as other lineup decisions go, why is McLeod or any other kid not playing over Hayden and Rooney?? I am so fvcking sick of seeing those two worthless sacks of sh!t get penciled into an NHL lineup every night. What have they done to deserve it? So tired of it. The one good thing from being a bad team is that you get to give your young players valuable NHL time and experience. Why is John Hayden on this team? I’m done...why is Nas still our coach? (Even from before Shero got fired? I can’t anymore with this garbage.

Probably cause they are not fully ready and it's better for their development to play top minutes in the AHL than bottom line minutes in the NHL

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Probably cause they are not fully ready and it's better for their development to play top minutes in the AHL than bottom line minutes in the NHL

McLeod looks pretty decent every time he gets a chance. Does Hayden look ‘ready’?

3 hours ago, devlman said:

McLeod looks pretty decent every time he gets a chance. Does Hayden look ‘ready’?

Yeah but this is a lost season and McLeod is one of our borderline player that may or may not make it. And in a perfect world he'd be part ofour future. Let him get confidence and more playing time to develop in the AHL. A guy like Hayden is just a warm body for now (i know that's a setup for a joke)

27 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

A guy like Hayden is just a warm body for now (i know that's a setup for a joke)

Or at least a setup for a girlfriend analogy. 

He’s like a girl that’s kind of cute, maybe has a bad personality, but she’ll let you sleep with her so you keep her around for the time being until you figure out what you’re doing.

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Or at least a setup for a girlfriend analogy. 

He’s like a girl that’s kind of cute, maybe has a bad personality, but she’ll let you sleep with her so you keep her around for the time being until you figure out what you’re doing.

Well........ you asked for it. 

or maybe it's like if you have a crush on this 17 years old highschool girl but you don't wanna go to jail so you let her do her thing in highschool and gain experience until she's of legal age, so she should technically be "better" by the time you get to her... so in the meantime you hookup with that just kind of cute girl willing to stick around for a bit.

You're welcome.

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well........ you asked for it. 

or maybe it's like if you have a crush on this 17 years old highschool girl but you don't wanna go to jail so you let her do her thing in highschool and gain experience until she's of legal age, so she should technically be "better" by the time you get to her... so in the meantime you hookup with that just kind of cute girl willing to stick around for a bit.

You're welcome.

You are creepy, man. I call the police.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, MrBreeze said:

NEWS: Following last night’s game at Columbus, the #NJDevils assigned goaltender Cory Schneider and forwards Jesper Boqvist and Michael McLeod to the Binghamton Devils (AHL).

Obviously is for them to play over the 9 days, but leave Cory down there and don’t let him back.

he can be the greatest goalie in AHL history as long as he never sees the NHL with the Devils again

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

I feel terrible for Schneider but this has to be it.  We’re going on two and a half years of subpar goaltending from him.   It's hard to even watch at this point.  

for me it's the timing. He showed too often that he just cannot come out big when he has to. how many times this year he was scored on the first shot of the game... when there was already a dark cloud floating above the team and we knew we needed him to be solid.

Then how many times (just like last night) that our boys are coming close and coming close... just to get scored on the first breakout. You NEED to make those stops

adding to this... its like it was always the worst timing... either first shot of the game... crushing the team right out of the gate.... or right at the end of a period... or in OT... or after a PP or something... 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Living in South Jersey, I hear about Ben Simmons every second, Zacha seems slightly similar, obviously Ben is better, he's an all star usually. But similar in that they both have issues that more or less make then one dimensional players. Issues they clearly acknowledge but clearly Do Not want to remedy and grow. And the more fans, and media alike, bring the issues to words the less likely they are to actually work on it. We have to accept at this point that Zacha is what he is. Idgaf of the whole he's young, he's been in the league long enough now, he is what he is. He knows it, time for us to realize it 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I thought Boqvist could only play in NJ or Sweden this season? Or was that just at the beginning of the year or something? 

He wasn't going to come from Sweden unless he was playing in Jersey. He didn't want to play in the AHL but in guess they convinced him to for the break

12 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Well sh!t, they should have sent him down long before this then.  His ten minutes a night and four points in 31 games here is doing jack for his overall development.

Agreed. I'm not sure what the thinking is on a top-6 guy playing sh!t minutes hurting his development. Send him down and leave him there. Give Bing some help

Edited by HellOnICE

18 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I feel terrible for Schneider but this has to be it.  We’re going on two and a half years of subpar goaltending from him.   It's hard to even watch at this point.  

He did have that nice run to close out last year, but yeah, whatever currency he might have earned from that, it's all spent.  He really is that guy who once threw strikes with ease and now can't find the plate to save his life.  Just leave him in Bingo.  

• Like 3