Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

Neb00rs

7 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Word is that Devils sales reps are reaching out to people with an offer where if you sign up for full season tickets for next season, they will throw in the remaining 11 home games for this season for free.

Yikes.

That offer needs to include a GM and head coach

58 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Word is that Devils sales reps are reaching out to people with an offer where if you sign up for full season tickets for next season, they will throw in the remaining 11 home games for this season for free.

Yikes.

From what I've heard, the front office originally thought the reckoning was going to come last offseason, but winning the lottery and then getting PK and Gusev changed enough minds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yikes.

That's very sad. Actually the crowds...haven't looked so bad when I've tuned in for a home game. But I guess things are pretty dire

Other than that one year...Devils hockey since 2012 has been bleak and hopeless. They need to start winning and it doesn't look like consistent winning and exciting hockey are especially close. 

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

That's very sad. Actually the crowds...haven't looked so bad when I've tuned in for a home game. But I guess things are pretty dire

Other than that one year...Devils hockey since 2012 has been bleak and hopeless. They need to start winning and it doesn't look like consistent winning and exciting hockey are especially close. 

I don't think it's that hopeless.  Even without taking into account who the Devils are going to get in the draft this year, there are good coaches available who are proven winners.  There should be free agents available that won't cost an arm and a leg and that can help a team that knows what it's doing (i.e. a well coached team) get significantly better.  To really turn a corner though, Nico and Jack need to turn the corner soon and become legit stars.  When you have two centers like that, you should go pretty far. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't think it's that hopeless.  Even without taking into account who the Devils are going to get in the draft this year, there are good coaches available who are proven winners.  There should be free agents available that won't cost an arm and a leg and that can help a team that knows what it's doing (i.e. a well coached team) get significantly better.  To really turn a corner though, Nico and Jack need to turn the corner soon and become legit stars.  When you have two centers like that, you should go pretty far. 

Yea. An uplift from them (and getting better goaltending...at least average goaltending over the course of the season) could go a long way in quickening a turnaround. Would be nice if Hughes can take a big leap and put up 60-70 pts next season. If Hischier can be a 70 point guy. Guess we'll see. But I do love what I've seen from Hischier of late.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

It's not Florida-Panthers bad. yet. When I was in college the Panthers had an offer; nosebleed season tickets for $200 which came with a personalized authentic jersey. 

If you wanted to buy an authentic Florida Panthers jersey, it was actually cheaper to buy season tickets and get it for free. Just.. what?

Oof that's even worse.  I think Arizona used to have ticket nights where for like $30 you got a nosebleed ticket but had unlimited concessions for 2 periods.

Regardless if I was a Devils STM I would be pissed.  I would be on the phone today with my rep demanding my tickets be free for the next 11 games as well or have Nico come to my house this summer and mow my lawn.

17 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Regardless if I was a Devils STM I would be pissed.  I would be on the phone today with my rep demanding my tickets be free for the next 11 games as well or have Nico come to my house this summer and mow my lawn.

Don't accept Miles Wood doing it, he'll run directly over your dog. 

• Haha 1

I don't know why I did this, but I went and found every Devil with an alliterative name:

Goalies: Keith Kinkaid, Mike McKenna, Sam St. Laurent

Skaters: Arron Asham, Beau Bennett, Brad Bombardir, Brian Boyle, Bob Brooke, Bobby Butler, Chris Cichocki, Connor Carrick, Don Dietrich, Dan Dorion, Jaromir Jagr, Joshua Jacobs, John Johannson, Jacob Josefson, Ken Klee, Merlin Malinowski, Mikey McLeod, Mike Moher, Mike Mottau, Mirco Mueller, P.A. Parenteau, Reijo Ruotsalainen, Steve Santini, Sheldon Souray, Sergei Starikov, Scott Stevens, Steve Sullivan, Vitaly Vishnevski

I'll throw in Pierre-Luc Létourneau-Leblond for sh!ts and giggles.

That is all of them I think. Carry on. 

4 hours ago, '7' said:

They are giving out free tickets like they are water so that helps a bit in terms of crowd. Pretty sure they are the #1 team in comping tickets .....so at least we have that to be #1 in lol.

Renewals should be a bloodbath this year which it sounds like it was last off-season until draft day then idiots like me signed back up. Won't be making that mistake again this off-season.

3 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I don't know why I did this, but I went and found every Devil with an alliterative name:

Goalies: Keith Kinkaid, Mike McKenna, Sam St. Laurent

Skaters: Arron Asham, Beau Bennett, Brad Bombardir, Brian Boyle, Bob Brooke, Bobby Butler, Chris Cichocki, Connor Carrick, Don Dietrich, Dan Dorion, Jaromir Jagr, Joshua Jacobs, John Johannson, Jacob Josefson, Ken Klee, Merlin Malinowski, Mikey McLeod, Mike Moher, Mike Mottau, Mirco Mueller, P.A. Parenteau, Reijo Ruotsalainen, Steve Santini, Sheldon Souray, Sergei Starikov, Scott Stevens, Steve Sullivan, Vitaly Vishnevski

I'll throw in Pierre-Luc Létourneau-Leblond for sh!ts and giggles.

That is all of them I think. Carry on. 

I don’t know why you did either, but I’m happy you did. 

18 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

The phone better fvcking ring. 

yeah having Elias as an assistant coach seems like an absolute no brainer to me. Or at least get him in the organization on the payroll somehow until he's ready.

And it's not cause he's a legendary devils and that we need ex devils in the organization. Elias has one of the highest hockey IQ in NHL history, we can use that

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 6