Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

Neb00rs

2 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I think this is a test for Fitz from the owners:

"Ok Fitz , if you can get something for Domingue in a trade you can have the GM job today, and we will give you a raise , AND we will buy you a gold plated Lamborghini."

Or the phone call came from the Impractical Jokers and Fitz fell for it hook, line & sinker. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

As stated earlier, they might need Cory on the roster for the cap if they unload Palms/Simmonds/Vatanen etc

You're assuming Domingue doesn't return a player worth $7-8 million a year. 

I mean you're 100% right, but you're assuming. ;) 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

As stated earlier, they might need Cory on the roster for the cap if they unload Palms/Simmonds/Vatanen etc

It's $1.075 million extra on the cap with him back up...... "With Schneider in the AHL, part of his $6 million cap hit will still count toward the Devils. Only $1.075 million will come off the Devils’ salary cap while he is in the minors." 

8 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's $1.075 million extra on the cap with him back up...... "With Schneider in the AHL, part of his $6 million cap hit will still count toward the Devils. Only $1.075 million will come off the Devils’ salary cap while he is in the minors." 

Right, but if we trade Vats and Simmer, that’s almost $10m right there. Add Severson or Wood in there and that $1.1m is the difference.

Absolute speculation and, well, I’m bored today so why not pretend

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

DC75E607-7C97-4602-86B5-4A6665B09CF9.gif

Yeah I agree.  It really doesn't fvcking matter to me at this point because they are both playing like hot trash.  The only benefit with having Cory up is that there is that tiny, sliver of hope.  Like when you buy a Powerball ticket.  You get to day dream all day about what you would do if it hit.

Edited by Crisis

Dung could be moved but again McKenzie said last night  that the Devils were going to bring Cory up to give him another look hoping he could reinvent or reincarnate himself because he still had two years left on his deal.  I'll unfortunately choose to believe him and that's brutal. This org  can't get out of it's own way. 💩

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Dung could be moved but again McKenzie said last night  that the Devils were going to bring Cory up to give him another look hoping he could reinvent or reincarnate himself because he still had two years left on his deal.  I'll unfortunately choose to believe him and that's brutal. This org  can't get out of it's own way. 💩

They don't really have much of a choice. That's a lot of money to pay someone to not be on the team. They may buy him out after the season and if not, maybe there will be a buyout period before Seattle comes into the league. 

Agree to disagree, he's had enough chances and he's failed. They're not obligated to continue to drag him up here while praying for a miracle. He's done and that's not news he's been done for a long time.  I fully believe they do absolutely have a choice.  Being a bottom feeder while toying with possibly falling below the cap floor is terrible and embarrassing

Even mentioning Backes in passing as a guy having to come back on any kind of deal should be infuriating imo.

Edited by titans04

9 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Agree to disagree, he's had enough chances and he's failed. They're not obligated to continue to drag him up here while praying for a miracle. He's done and that's not news he's been done for a long time.  I fully believe they do absolutely have a choice.  Being a bottom feeder while toying with possibly falling below the cap floor is terrible and embarrassing.

Well yeah they can leave him in the minors but the owners might not be willing to pay him to be down there. I don't think anyone believes he's got anything left but if him and Domingue are gonna give you the same thing, might as well use the guy you're paying. He won't be a Devil next year anyway

• Sad 1