Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

Neb00rs

On 2/28/2020 at 8:48 PM, Devil Dan 56 said:

I don’t think they THAT dumb. Sure hope not anyway

Your right, As long as they don’t mess with the logo, they should be fine.  For example, you can put our logo on any red white and black team Canada jersey from the last twenty years and it looks great.  

That being said, my favorite devils hat I ever had was a black one that had the NJ portion of the logo without the circle backdrop.   I think they could get away with doing something like that on a black jersey and it would look great 

8 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

McLeod has played pretty well these last few games. He skates hard and he's had a few chances each game. But I do prefer Boqvist.

McLeod has elite level speed, but he seems like a case of hands that don’t match the wheels. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lazer said:

Devils lead the league this season in lost teeth

Zajac, i think coleman , wood was last year but im sure theres more, bratt 

Anyone have a pic of merkley lately, ididnt see it

Blackwood too, right?  Pretty sure his grill is still empty. 

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Blackwood too, right?  Pretty sure his grill is still empty. 

Yes he lost a few too. It’s so funny how to most of us, that would be devastating, but to a hockey player, ehh, just spit them out and worry about it later. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Butcher had surgery and is done for the season.

@cmasisak22: #NJDevils announce Will Butcher is out for the season with ruptured ligaments in his right thumb. He’s expected to need 3-4 months of recover time. Correction: the injury occurred Feb. 18 in St. Louis. He has had surgery since then.

24 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Butcher had surgery and is done for the season.

@cmasisak22: #NJDevils announce Will Butcher is out for the season with ruptured ligaments in his right thumb. He’s expected to need 3-4 months of recover time. Correction: the injury occurred Feb. 18 in St. Louis. He has had surgery since then.

Yep - silly me didn't even realize he hasn't been playing.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Now we're putting Hughes at wing on a different line?

It's amazing.  Bratt, Zacha, and Gusev have arguably been our best 3 forwards over the last 1-2 weeks, and the coaching staff decides to reward them by making them not the 1st line, not the 2nd line, but the THIRD line.  Congrats guys!  You work hard, and good things will happen!

It was worth putting Hughes on the 1st line as a wing to see if he'd develop some magic chemistry with Hischier and Palmieri, but that hasn't really happened, so there's no need to put him at wing anywhere else.  He's a natural center.

It's also stupid as hell to have both Zajac and Boqvist get 2nd line minutes over any/all of Gusev/Zacha/Bratt.  Neither of those guys has done anything to deserve it.  Zajac hasn't been a 2nd line Center in years, and Boqvist isn't there yet.  I mean...in what world could this possibly make sense to this coaching staff?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It's amazing.  Bratt, Zacha, and Gusev have arguably been our best 3 forwards over the last 1-2 weeks, and the coaching staff decides to reward them by making them not the 1st line, not the 2nd line, but the THIRD line.  Congrats guys!  You work hard, and good things will happen!

It was worth putting Hughes on the 1st line as a wing to see if he'd develop some magic chemistry with Hischier and Palmieri, but that hasn't really happened, so there's no need to put him at wing anywhere else.  He's a natural center.

It's also stupid as hell to have both Zajac and Boqvist get 2nd line minutes over any/all of Gusev/Zacha/Bratt.  Neither of those guys has done anything to deserve it.  Zajac hasn't been a 2nd line Center in years, and Boqvist isn't there yet.  I mean...in what world could this possibly make sense to this coaching staff?

If the ice time is actually less, then I agree. It seems to me that most of the time we're rolling 3 lines and it doesn't really matter. Zacha and Zajac had nearly identical TOI in the last game. The game before, probably would've been in Zach's favor, if he hadn't been hurt (Zajac 17:16, Zacha 13:21 in basically 2 periods). 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This season just needs to end.

yeahhhh when Wood is your choice to play on the first line it's time to pack it in and call it a season, fire your coaches and GM and roll the dice again on an entirely new direction.  #gump