Jump to content

Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Don't understand Zajac on PP1.

Also don't understand Nico and Hughes on PP2.

Winning the faceoff is important, probably why Zajac is on 1 and Nico take the draw on 2.

No Butcher....now THAT is interesting... 

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are you like this?

Jack now has a family to support. Way to go Cory.

Mike Brown offers up contradictory bullet-points, mfitz interrupts him to make a weiner joke, SD tells him that he isn't racist he just thinks PK should use a different water fountain, Neb00rs flies i

Posted Images

Just now, Toasterleavins said:

Swap wood and boqvist and i would be happy. 

But that will not happen due to Wood's contract. I'm really hoping we trade him in a package for a RHD as I don't think his mental processing of the game will ever catch up to his skating.

Re:  Wood, the problem there is you would get someone back who's probably equally flawed right now.  I give Wood a chance to at least show improvement, then hopefully his value goes up a little.  But I'm definitely not opposed to the idea of moving him at a later date.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

image.png.9100f4aeddf70a7bea29dca05b452525.png

While he wouldn't be the first Latino to play for the Devils, he almost certainly be the first person from Miami to do so, right? (Anyone know of an easy way to fact check this so I'm not pulling this out of my ass?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

While he wouldn't be the first Latino to play for the Devils, he almost certainly be the first person from Miami to do so, right? (Anyone know of an easy way to fact check this so I'm not pulling this out of my ass?)

Doesn't look like there's anyone ever from Miami:   https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/city-totals/nhl-players-career-stats.html 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.  Hayden and Wood are in over Boqvist.  Greene up with Subban on the top line.  Carrick in a suit and tie while our worst defender, Mueller, is in.

Good grief for such a "progressive" coach Hynes certainly does have the 1997 mentality in assembling the lineup.

I am getting pretty close to wanting Hynes fired already.  The whole accountability garbage goes out the window with Greene and to have Boqvist win a spot out of camp by having a great preseason just to be sitting and eating popcorn while Wood and especially Hayden play is ridiculous.

Yeah I get the players like him and all, but is this bum the best we can do?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.  Hayden and Wood are in over Boqvist.  Greene up with Subban on the top line.  Carrick in a suit and tie while our worst defender, Mueller, is in.

Good grief for such a "progressive" coach Hynes certainly does have the 1997 mentality in assembling the lineup.

I am getting pretty close to wanting Hynes fired already.  The whole accountability garbage goes out the window with Greene and to have Boqvist win a spot out of camp by having a great preseason just to be sitting and eating popcorn while Wood and especially Hayden play is ridiculous.

Yeah I get the players like him and all, but is this bum the best we can do?

It’s one game. If he continues to do it, I’m right with you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, titans04 said:

yes, very imo.

So maybe you want to protect your crew of young tiny forwards by having a little more muscle in the lineup?

I don’t understand why nobody else sees this. It’s not Hayden or Wood over Boqvist, it’s Hayden or Wood over 2/3 of your lineup becoming mashed potatoes. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

So maybe you want to protect your crew of young tiny forwards by having a little more muscle in the lineup?

I don’t understand why nobody else sees this. It’s not Hayden or Wood over Boqvist, it’s Hayden or Wood over 2/3 of your lineup becoming mashed potatoes. 

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out over the season.  We have without question upgraded the talent tremendously but we're still really small where it counts.  WPG is already banging the rags around.

(how's that for teeing it up for you)

Edited by titans04
Link to post
Share on other sites
So maybe you want to protect your crew of young tiny forwards by having a little more muscle in the lineup?
I don’t understand why nobody else sees this. It’s not Hayden or Wood over Boqvist, it’s Hayden or Wood over 2/3 of your lineup becoming mashed potatoes. 
Totally agree. That's probably also why Mueller is in over Carrick.
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Crisis said:
41 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:
So maybe you want to protect your crew of young tiny forwards by having a little more muscle in the lineup?
I don’t understand why nobody else sees this. It’s not Hayden or Wood over Boqvist, it’s Hayden or Wood over 2/3 of your lineup becoming mashed potatoes. 

Totally agree. That's probably also why Mueller is in over Carrick.

Mueller doesn’t even use his size though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sundstrom said:

"i hate hynes' decisions for game 1 - fire his ass!"

my lord.

It's not just 1 game, but a few years now of questionable decisions.

Again, he has had some sh!t rosters, but even then Mr. Accountability couldn't even find the guts to bench our captain when he is letting forwards blow by him game after game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

It's not just 1 game, but a few years now of questionable decisions.

Again, he has had some sh!t rosters, but even then Mr. Accountability couldn't even find the guts to bench our captain when he is letting forwards blow by him game after game.

I don't think it's unreasonable to not be supportive of Hynes. I mean, I don't agree with almost any reason you've stated for being against him, but, being that the Devils have had little success during his tenure here, it's not crazy to not be behind him. 

As I've said though, and as others have said, and as you even concede, the poor roster thing is legitimate. Being that the players seem to like him, and he did have that one good year, it seems fair that he gets this year to prove that he can coach a talented roster to success. That he didn't bench Andy Greene seems like a silly reason to hold a grudge against him, but not making the playoffs this year, is a good reason to move on, no matter how great of a guy he is. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Devils just went through a season where they had a 19 year old from Sweden who had not played in a long professional season before.  Jesper Bratt was basically done by the All-Star break in 2017-18 - he was totally ineffective down the stretch run.  The idea of load management for Boqvist - letting him ease into the NHL, even though he is almost certainly better than some of the players they are dressing now - is a good one.  He's 20 and he's used to playing an SHL schedule - 51 games last season with much lighter travel than the NHL.

He will get his games.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Triumph said:

The Devils just went through a season where they had a 19 year old from Sweden who had not played in a long professional season before.  Jesper Bratt was basically done by the All-Star break in 2017-18 - he was totally ineffective down the stretch run.  The idea of load management for Boqvist - letting him ease into the NHL, even though he is almost certainly better than some of the players they are dressing now - is a good one.  He's 20 and he's used to playing an SHL schedule - 51 games last season with much lighter travel than the NHL.

He will get his games.

This is a totally fair argument. With that said, it would have been nice to see all the shiny new toys on opening night. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

My sense with the Boqvist not playing opening night thing, is that it's a matchup decision, and that Boqvist will play in Buffalo. I think Boqvist is going to get a bunch of games early on and if he can't hack it he's going back to Sweden and McLeod will get the call up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

My sense with the Boqvist not playing opening night thing, is that it's a matchup decision, and that Boqvist will play in Buffalo. I think Boqvist is going to get a bunch of games early on and if he can't hack it he's going back to Sweden and McLeod will get the call up.

It's a total non-issue if its a one game decision. That is what remains to be seen. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.