Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are you like this?

Jack now has a family to support. Way to go Cory.

Mike Brown offers up contradictory bullet-points, mfitz interrupts him to make a weiner joke, SD tells him that he isn't racist he just thinks PK should use a different water fountain, Neb00rs flies i

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wow, guys, it’s a joke about the dude’s crazy hair. Some of you guys are too serious. 

I know it is a joke and supposed to be light-hearted.  It just comes across as a bit tone-deaf.

Team is a dumpster fire and most of the fanbase is eagerly awaiting news of a potential Hall trade/signing as well as our coaches getting canned and putting up a post about Wood's hair as "breaking news!" is not good looks.

12 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I know it is a joke and supposed to be light-hearted.  It just comes across as a bit tone-deaf.

Team is a dumpster fire and most of the fanbase is eagerly awaiting news of a potential Hall trade/signing as well as our coaches getting canned and putting up a post about Wood's hair as "breaking news!" is not good looks.

Nah, not in the manner it was done. If she teased it as "Breaking News tonight at 6pm" and then at 6pm she tells you about Miles' hair, that I would get. The way it was presented, love you dude but you're being way too sensitive. If she said 'Hey Guys" instead of "Breaking News", would you still be upset?

Crack a smile, sometimes all you can do is laugh despite the obvious craptitude of this hockey season. 

Honestly, the biggest issue I have with a post like that is, don't tell me something visual and don't attach a picture. Does she not know "pictures or it didn't happen" is a thing?

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Nah, not in the manner it was done. If she teased it as "Breaking News tonight at 6pm" and then at 6pm she tells you about Miles' hair, that I would get. The way it was presented, love you dude but you're being way too sensitive. If she said 'Hey Guys" instead of "Breaking News", would you still be upset?

Crack a smile, sometimes all you can do is laugh despite the obvious craptitude of this hockey season. 

Honestly, the biggest issue I have with a post like that is, don't tell me something visual and don't attach a picture. Does she not know "pictures or it didn't happen" is a thing?

If she said "hey guys" I think I wouldn't care.  Again, it is more about bad optics than anything.  I rolled my eyes at it more than I get bent out of shape over it.

She did attach pictures of it.  Just him with short hair lol.

10 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

She did attach pictures of it.  Just him with short hair lol.

Separate post and wearing a helmet. Genius. 

Dude did need a haircut, but unfortunately it will cut down on wind resistance, making him skate faster and harder into the opposing goalie and/or boards. 

• Haha 1

Looked up PK's game log from last year...suffice it to say that this sudden lack of offense really isn't so sudden.  After notching 17 points through his first 26 GP last season (pretty normal for him), he disappeared...finished with 14 points over his last 37 GP...add that to this season's production, and that's just 19 points over his last 59 GP (and none in his last 10). 

I really hope he's not on nearly as much of a fast-track decline as he seems to be. 

• Sad 1
On 11/22/2019 at 3:45 PM, mfitz804 said:

Nah, not in the manner it was done. If she teased it as "Breaking News tonight at 6pm" and then at 6pm she tells you about Miles' hair, that I would get.

Remember when she did something like this a season or two ago?  Posted "breaking news for you all shortly" only for it to be an announcement that she had signed a lease or something?

Like, she needs to be a little less tone-deaf.  I like Amanda a lot but some of the stuff she does makes me scratch my head.

Edited by Devilsfan118
My God I cannot type in the morning
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Remember when she did something like this just that a season or two ago?  Posted "breaking news for you all shortly" only for it to be an announcement that she had signed a lease or something?

Like, she needs to be a little less tone-deaf.  I like Amanda a lot but some of the stuff she does makes me scratch my head.

To be fair, it was the Devils team social media that called Wood's haircut "breaking news" and not Amanda.  She did dedicate 3 twitter posts about it though.

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Remember when she did something like this a season or two ago?  Posted "breaking news for you all shortly" only for it to be an announcement that she had signed a lease or something?

Now THAT, I would agree, is completely irritating. 

5 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I think it was her 'own' contract extension but yeah sometimes the bait and switch doesn't go over well.

Without beating up on her too much...I think she's one of those people who simply doesn't realize that she's not nearly as witty and funny as she thinks she is.  And that type can definitely be annoying at times as a result. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

She's the female @mfitz804 ???

Naw I actually find quite a lot of what you post funny and then some.  She has a looooooong way to go before she could ever dream of being a female you. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Without beating up on her too much...I think she's one of those people who simply doesn't realize that she's not nearly as witty and funny as she thinks she is.  And that type can definitely be annoying at times as a result. 

Bingo.

I know I can simply scroll past it, but the last thing I need to see is her saying her lucky shoes didn't work immediately after we got destroyed in a game.  She could "read the room" so to speak better.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Bingo.

I know I can simply scroll past it, but the last thing I need to see is her saying her lucky shoes didn't work immediately after we got destroyed in a game.  She could "read the room" so to speak better.

So she is the female mfitz...

he blames his lucky socks lol

9 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Looked up PK's game log from last year...suffice it to say that this sudden lack of offense really isn't so sudden.  After notching 17 points through his first 26 GP last season (pretty normal for him), he disappeared...finished with 14 points over his last 37 GP...add that to this season's production, and that's just 19 points over his last 59 GP (and none in his last 10). 

I really hope he's not on nearly as much of a fast-track decline as he seems to be. 

typically from what i can remember its often like this. I suspect early in the season teams are still adjusting so he has more room to take shots but i think by now no matter what system teams are playing they basically figured him out so its easier to block his shot attempts... which we're obviously seeing

• Like 1

I don’t like the way he moves, it’s very awkward and not particularly effective, it kind of looks like he’s always turning the wrong way. 

Also, most telegraphed slap shot I’ve ever seen, so easy to tell when it’s a fake or a shot. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately I think he's well on his way. Third highest paid D man in the league! #Brutal

As for Amanda's post - meh I just fail to see the humor in stuff like that when the Titanic is once again sinking. So just another vote for being tone death - but certainly nothing to be highly upset about. So easy to get agitated when the on ice product is mediocre at best for the umpteenth year in a row.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t like the way he moves, it’s very awkward and not particularly effective, it kind of looks like he’s always turning the wrong way. 

Also, most telegraphed slap shot I’ve ever seen, so easy to tell when it’s a fake or a shot. 

Well said, another word that comes to mind is “clunky”.  He rarely looks smooth or natural out there.  I’ve already reached a point with him where I’m not expecting much.

And yeah, agree fully on your take re:  his shot.  Also well said.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

He has always skated that way, but has always been productive.  All of our defenseman are underperforming however they skate, yet the people whose job it is to get them to perform have absolute job security, because our GM has complete job security and those are his buddies from Pittsburgh.

Aside from having filthy rich owners, there is nothing good about how this organization is run.  

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He has always skated that way, but has always been productive.  All of our defenseman are underperforming however they skate, yet the people whose job it is to get them to perform have absolute job security, because our GM has complete job security and those are his buddies from Pittsburgh.

Aside from having filthy rich owners, there is nothing good about how this organization is run.  

Sami Vatanen is actually having a pretty nice season.