Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

Neb00rs

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

while the season sucks right now... at least now we somewhat have assets that are expandable to some extent... it was not that long ago that we had to sacrifice roster players like Henrique to make a lateral moves cause that's all we had literally

What non-roster players do we have that are worth anything? Other than Ty Smith...

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

What non-roster players do we have that are worth anything? Other than Ty Smith...

I think Bastian and Joey Anderson should be decent NHLers.  McLeod could be a really good fourth line center, which I guess isn’t nothing.  And it’s hard to ignore what Tyce Thompson is doing this year.  

Then we’ll see what we get for Hall.  If it’s actually Byram, and we end up with a top three pick a real coach could turn things around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewarkDevil5 said:

I'm liking the long-term potential of a Bratt-Zacha-Boqvist line.

Feels like the only time Zacha is noticeable lately is when he makes a bad pass or turns the puck over. He hasn’t scored a goal in 18 games...

Just now, Nicomo said:

Let’s be honest it’s not just this year with him. 

Your comment made it sound like it was this year.

If you want to talk last year, he was one of the few guys, on a team with AHL call-ups, that actually took a step forward.

He had a strong game on the PK last night and Hall's PPG prob doesn't happen the other night without his work in front of the net. I get it though, some people are going to just hate on him to hate because he'll never live up to the expectations put on him because of the place he was drafted. 

Just looked at the Binghamton stats - holy hell Cory is 0-3 with a GAA of 5 and a SAV% of .833 .  Hard to believe he's even that bad at the AHL level. I know he's making a fortune but damn I wonder how he sleeps at night. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Your comment made it sound like it was this year.

If you want to talk last year, he was one of the few guys, on a team with AHL call-ups, that actually took a step forward.

He had a strong game on the PK last night and Hall's PPG prob doesn't happen the other night without his work in front of the net. I get it though, some people are going to just hate on him to hate because he'll never live up to the expectations put on him because of the place he was drafted. 

I’m annoyed with him right now (hate is a bit strong) because he has 2 goals in 26 GP. I don’t even care where we drafted him anymore. That’s just beating a dead horse. 

At least he’s getting more assists this year though. I guess that’s something...

16 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Just looked at the Binghamton stats - holy hell Cory is 0-3 with a GAA of 5 and a SAV% of .833 .  Hard to believe he's even that bad at the AHL level. I know he's making a fortune but damn I wonder how he sleeps at night. 

You wouldn’t retire either. 

47 minutes ago, titans04 said:

From the reports I've read this season the Bingo D is as porous as the NHL D. For a goalie the level Cory should be at though, he should be making a difference and it doesn't look like he is.

6 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

From the reports I've read this season the Bingo D is as porous as the NHL D. For a goalie the level Cory should be at though, he should be making a difference and it doesn't look like he is.

True. I know a couple ST holders for Binghamton who dread going to games again this year because the team is god awful on most nights from top to bottom. The standings as a result reward them as the worst team in the league which is hardly shocking. There maybe a few hidden gems down there but overall the lack of talent is terribly obvious.

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

True. I know a couple ST holders for Binghamton who dread going to games again this year because the team is god awful on most nights from top to bottom. 

Well why should they be better off than the STH’s of the big team?

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

True. I know a couple ST holders for Binghamton who dread going to games again this year because the team is god awful on most nights from top to bottom. The standings as a result reward them as the worst team in the league which is hardly shocking. There maybe a few hidden gems down there but overall the lack of talent is terribly obvious.

On All About The Jersey I read this on November 13th "It's clear the leadership comes from thr players first and the coaches second" which is a worry. Sounds like they need a decent head coach down there as well. Would make sense to have a coach in Binghamton that they could groom to coach at the NHL level in the future.

51 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

On All About The Jersey I read this on November 13th "It's clear the leadership comes from thr players first and the coaches second" which is a worry. Sounds like they need a decent head coach down there as well. Would make sense to have a coach in Binghamton that they could groom to coach at the NHL level in the future.

That was Kowalsky who took the Devils AHL affiliate to the playoffs for the fist time in I believe a decade. Or damn close to it. It really was pretty remarkable what he was able to do down there. 

Buttttttttt.......... he was a Lou guy not ties to the Pens.

Edited by titans04