Neb00rs

Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

16 hours ago, titans04 said:

Hell no  but I have to imagine the inner torture is somewhat real for him. Granted it's soothed by some millions.

I'm sure Cory & his wife have had the conversation that his career is pretty much done.  Put as much $$$ away as possible, & retire.

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Nico must be really damn sick...

Either bad flu or something like mono.

Was he making out with Darnold?

• Haha 1

Sucks Nico's still out, and him being officially placed on IR doesn't sound promising for his return anytime soon, but he's been out a few games now so I've kinda gotten used to having a void at Center in the lineup.

9 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Why not play McLeod over Rooney?

my guess is mcleod doesn't PK and if you have Nico and Rooney out of the lineup, you're rolling palms as your 4th PK forward and that is not something they're looking to do.

36 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

my guess is mcleod doesn't PK and if you have Nico and Rooney out of the lineup, you're rolling palms as your 4th PK forward and that is not something they're looking to do.

I'd just as well give Boqvist or Bratt a shot at some PK duty to see McLeod in the lineup over Rooney.  

15 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Simmer for coach?

Someone who cares enough to be vocal and speaks their mind?  Works for me.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Simmer for coach?

last year it was stafford. this year simmonds.

where are the team vets? my lord.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

Where are the coaches?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Where are the coaches?

coaches can only do so much - players have to play and try. what repercussions are if they don't? who are they cutting? who are they sitting? who are they calling up?

19 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

coaches can only do so much - players have to play and try. what repercussions are if they don't? who are they cutting? who are they sitting? who are they calling up?

It's fvcking Miles Wood, who has not been a healthy scratch all year.  You're telling me he's a guy you can never make an example of and scratch?  I'd say meet the new boss, same as the old boss, but even the most deluded Shero fanboys know that's what's going on.

Edited by Daniel

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

The coaches have to motivate the players to try though.  Give them a reason to buy in, a reason to believe and have hope.  And most of all, a reason to respect and think that the man in charge knows what he's doing.  

11 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Miles is one guy I'm not worried about effort, its knowing wtf to do and when,with him.. he goes 110% go or bad

I still think his brand of chaos is useful. But only if he’s the only one doing it. When the whole team is running around clueless, it’s unhelpful. 

He hasn’t felt like the same player to me ever since he got that suspension. 

16 hours ago, sundstrom said:

This has been one of my main complaints for the last several years.  People can whine we don't know what goes on in the room but we DO know - it's on display night after night on the ice.  They never get enough leadership from either the staff or the key players (Hall, Greene) so the same mistakes are made night after night without accountability anywhere in the upper levels of the organization.  Invariably it's always a fvcking role player like Boyle, Lovejoy, Stafford or Simmonds - not so coincidentally all those players have actually been on winners for good chunks of their career - that have to take the boot by the spurs and be the bad cop in the room.  Because nobody else either has the balls to do it or knows how to do it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

15 hours ago, sundstrom said:

When you have a staff only willing to be bad cop to certain players (Bratt, Zacha) part of the blame does go their way.  If we had a Burns or Lemaire on the bench who both have stature and are willing to hold everyone accountable maybe we wouldn't need as much locker room policing.  But we don't, so vet leadership would be nice at some point.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Agreed. We need some vets that are leaders, this team misses Boyle in the worst way in that sense - or at least a coach with that sentiment.

17 hours ago, sundstrom said:

Our long-term veterans are career losers.  Hate to put it that bluntly but it's really true.  

He's become a lightning rod for my disgust with this team lately, but I absolutely cannot wait until Greene is gone and the "C" is up for grabs again.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2019 at 9:17 AM, NJDevs4978 said:

This has been one of my main complaints for the last several years.  People can whine we don't know what goes on in the room but we DO know - it's on display night after night on the ice.  They never get enough leadership from either the staff or the key players (Hall, Greene) so the same mistakes are made night after night without accountability anywhere in the upper levels of the organization.  Invariably it's always a fvcking role player like Boyle, Lovejoy, Stafford or Simmonds - not so coincidentally all those players have actually been on winners for good chunks of their career - that have to take the boot by the spurs and be the bad cop in the room.  Because nobody else either has the balls to do it or knows how to do it.

Yeah i mean... obviously i'm not saying its his fault and i don't care how good he can be in the locker room. In the NHL you need a true leader with the C, who's gonna go out and get results and also able to rally the guys and inspire them. 

There's no way the boys are watching at Greene play and go like "man i want to be like him and i'd go through a wall for him" lol