Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are you like this?

Jack now has a family to support. Way to go Cory.

Mike Brown offers up contradictory bullet-points, mfitz interrupts him to make a weiner joke, SD tells him that he isn't racist he just thinks PK should use a different water fountain, Neb00rs flies i

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's amazing people actually get paid to design such garbage and this is part of the reason I never want an original 3rd jersey at this point. I have no faith it will be remotely decent... 

With some of the uniforms they've come up with for recent outdoor games, it's like they are all out of ideas over at Adidas.   

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's amazing people actually get paid to design such garbage and this is part of the reason I never want an original 3rd jersey at this point. I have no faith it will be remotely decent... 

Glad I got Palms’ ASG GW last season...this year’s look is a serious downgrade.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Glad I got Palms’ ASG GW last season...this year’s look is a serious downgrade.

I mean I’ll end up buying both but I won’t be happy. 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean I’ll end up buying both but I won’t be happy. 

They look like something you’d buy in the Devils Den for $80-100 each.  They don’t even look like jerseys.  

Maybe I’ll hate them less when I see them on ice?  With numbers on them?

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They look like something you’d buy in the Devils Den for $80-100 each.  They don’t even look like jerseys.  

Maybe I’ll hate them less when I see them on ice?  With numbers on them?

You’re almost right, they’ll be $200. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:
15 hours ago, Lateralous said:

With some of the uniforms they've come up with for recent outdoor games, it's like they are all out of ideas over at Adidas.   

Listening to Boomer Gordon & Jake Hahn on XM yesterday, in their recap they think our "heritage"  jerseys are awesome. Too bad we can't win a freakin game wearing them

29 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Listening to Boomer Gordon & Jake Hahn on XM yesterday, in their recap they think our "heritage"  jerseys are awesome. Too bad we can't win a freakin game wearing them

I like the Heritage jerseys too...if anything, they give me hope that someday, the current black-and-reds might be tweaked so that the shoulder yokes no longer have that odd cropped look.  Even now, they still don't feel quite right.  

The ASG jerseys were influenced by the fact that the Blues are hosting this year.  The stripes are supposed to look like the lines on sheet music.

I am not thrilled with these, but I will take these over the motocross and neon jerseys they have trotted out in recent years.

53 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

The ASG jerseys were influenced by the fact that the Blues are hosting this year.  The stripes are supposed to look like the lines on sheet music.

I am not thrilled with these, but I will take these over the motocross and neon jerseys they have trotted out in recent years.

Yeah I think everyone's familiar with the bolded by now, but the idea just didn't work at all...to most people, they simply look like 5 silver stripes on a barren background.  

The whites look like something that 6-9 year olds (or John Tavares, provided it's a Maple Leaf AS jersey only) would wear to bed.  

I'm not saying this would be much better, but a "wavy" staff might have given the jerseys slightly more life...I think a completely blank staff of straight lines is just hard to make very compelling...by virtue of the waves, such a staff would've at least eaten up more of the blank areas of the jersey.  You really almost need a G-clef (with or without a time sig) just to clue the masses into the fact that the five stripes are actually supposed to represent something:

Image result for musical staff

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I like the Heritage jerseys too...if anything, they give me hope that someday, the current black-and-reds might be tweaked so that the shoulder yokes no longer have that odd cropped look.  Even now, they still don't feel quite right.  

WAIT!!

WHAT?!?!

You HATE the old uni's!!    Haha, we've battled over this for years

It's like their finally home being back in the classic Green/Red. No better look

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

WAIT!!

WHAT?!?!

You HATE the old uni's!!    Haha, we've battled over this for years

It's like their finally home being back in the classic Green/Red. No better look

I don't hate the old unis (I have a white GW Huscroft, and red GWs Albelin and Kurvers...also a very old authentic Verbeek), I just never wanted to see them come back full time...I thought the red-and-black redesign was superior.  I'm on board with some kind of "hybrid" jersey that combined elements of the red and greens and red and blacks (in particular some of the stripes and trim).  But no green for me...not full-time, anyway.  

I always did like the old red and green home white much more than the red and green away reds.  And still do.  I do like the current Heritages a LOT.  But not as a primary jersey.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I don’t have a subscription to The Athletic so I’m not sure what exactly it says. I’m not sure how I feel about trading Palms though. On one hand he’ll probably bring us back a decent return and we probably won’t be contending for the remainder of his contract. On the other hand he’s the best sniper and pure scorer we have and I’d love to lock him up for a few more years next year. Maybe trading him off,  along with Vats, makes a little sense.

8 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Could’ve been cool. The lines are too far apart, they could’ve been tighter, make the team logo smaller and off to one side, and do small front numbers. Kind of like the 2000 All Stars. At least it would have been more similar to sheet music. 

5 hours ago, Jerzey said:

I don’t have a subscription to The Athletic so I’m not sure what exactly it says. I’m not sure how I feel about trading Palms though. On one hand he’ll probably bring us back a decent return and we probably won’t be contending for the remainder of his contract. On the other hand he’s the best sniper and pure scorer we have and I’d love to lock him up for a few more years next year. Maybe trading him off,  along with Vats, makes a little sense.

Yeah that's a tough one. But at the end of the day if im Shero im sitting with him and i see what Kyle has in mind long term and i go from there

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah that's a tough one. But at the end of the day if im Shero im sitting with him and i see what Kyle has in mind long term and i go from there

Yup. He’s the kind of guy you keep if he can be kept. 

18 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don't hate the old unis (I have a white GW Huscroft, and red GWs Albelin and Kurvers...also a very old authentic Verbeek), I just never wanted to see them come back full time...I thought the red-and-black redesign was superior.  I'm on board with some kind of "hybrid" jersey that combined elements of the red and greens and red and blacks (in particular some of the stripes and trim).  But no green for me...not full-time, anyway.  

I always did like the old red and green home white much more than the red and green away reds.  And still do.  I do like the current Heritages a LOT.  But not as a primary jersey.  

Why not wear the Heritage jerseys on the road? I think it would be pretty cool. eh?

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I'll bet Shero's going to have THE conversation with Sami, Greene, Travis,  Simmons:  Do you want an opportunity to go to a playoff bound team?  If it's presented? I can see Greener going to Isles w/ Lou? (w/ Pelech out for season)

19 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I agree as I liked the white better than the red.  But I usually always like teams whites better.

Just need to go back full time IMO

12 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

He was basically floating the idea that the Devils are shopping Palms (and everyone else on the roster not named Hughes and Hischier), the Bruins would be a perfect fit for Palms as he would slot in as their 2RW, and all it should take is Bjork and a 4th round pick, a la the Charlie Coyle deal from last year.  Cites to 1 unnamed assistant GM for backing as well as the fact that Palms trains up in Foxboro in the offseason. 

This trade makes total sense for the Bruins and very little for the Devils. I believe Bjork, although a good prospect, has had 2 major shoulder injuries already, and is on the last year of his ELC.  If Shero made that deal, I would be really pissed.  Palms is under contract for another year at a reasonable AAV.  He loves playing here, is great in the community, is a consistent producer, and can help teach these kids how to be pros.  We can't have a roster full of 20 year olds.  There is no reason to trade him unless the return is something ridiculous that you can't turn down.  This seemed like a filler piece by the writer because there are no real stories to write about during the dog days of the NHL season.    

1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

Why not wear the Heritage jerseys on the road? I think it would be pretty cool. eh?

paid make it rain GIF

It's all about jersey sales.  Generally speaking, fans buy more of the home jersey than the road jersey. 

Edited by Chuck the Duck