Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

palms is way more important to the devils crappy top 6 than any bruin D prospect is to our crappy top 4. nico needs an nhl sniper to play along side of.. we need to resign him to a 5 year deal at the end of THIS season, 7 mil? 7.5?

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are you like this?

Jack now has a family to support. Way to go Cory.

Mike Brown offers up contradictory bullet-points, mfitz interrupts him to make a weiner joke, SD tells him that he isn't racist he just thinks PK should use a different water fountain, Neb00rs flies i

Posted Images

Is Blackwood still out?  Schneider better not get any fvcking starts while he's up here.  There's absolutely zero reason to disrupt the momentum and confidence we have going right now.

Sad for Palms, happy for Hischier.  Congrats Nico!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I know nobody cares about that silly game, but good for him. Well deserved. 

I don't usually watch but seeing Nico with that much ice and all that talent could really be a statement for him. He could turn some heads

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MrBreeze said:

That's good to know, and it makes sense.  I know he wants a Cup, but he's still young enough where he has a lot of time to make that happen, and he hasn't even been here a year yet, so he wouldn't be giving it a fair shake it he wanted out this soon.  Plus, with a head coach and now a GM to fill, there's a lot of changes on the horizon and reason to be optimistic about where they can go and will be in the near future.

24 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That's good to know, and it makes sense.  I know he wants a Cup, but he's still young enough where he has a lot of time to make that happen, and he hasn't even been here a year yet, so he wouldn't be giving it a fair shake it he wanted out this soon.  Plus, with a head coach and now a GM to fill, there's a lot of changes on the horizon and reason to be optimistic about where they can go and will be in the near future.

The irony is that these comments are kinda why I'm not a big fan, and have cemented my image of him.  He's just a little too happy and content no matter what's going on...just not all that invested and happy enough to just show up and play.  I don't expect these guys to throw sh!tfits over every last loss (and on a shaky team like the Devils, it's kinda pointless to do that anyway), but I definitely want more guys who hate losing.  Not $9 million former stars who seem like they're "covered", even if they're having a bad year on a bad team.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The irony is that these comments are kinda why I'm not a big fan, and have cemented my image of him.  He's just a little too happy and content no matter what's going on...just not all that invested and happy enough to just show up and play.  I don't expect these guys to throw sh!tfits over every last loss (and on a shaky team like the Devils, it's kinda pointless to do that anyway), but I definitely want more guys who hate losing.  Not $9 million former stars who seem like they're "covered", even if they're having a bad year on a bad team.  

I think you’re reading too much into it. He was asked that question and to explain his overall attitude about being a Devil. He pointed out the positives because he wants to stay. I’m sure he’s ticked about the season (and his play) but, like all of us, recognized we are a very young team.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, devlman said:

I think you’re reading too much into it. He was asked that question and to explain his overall attitude about being a Devil. He pointed out the positives because he wants to stay. I’m sure he’s ticked about the season (and his play) but, like all of us, recognized we are a very young team.

Agreed. No one is content being a loser, even if you're paid a lot of money. You play to win.

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Probably fair, but like I've said before, just feels like PK would've been so right at home on those late-90s early-00s Ranger teams.

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I didn't really get that from what he said - he said he's paid to show up and play, so I think he realizes that he has a job to do and it's up to him to perform at a certain level.  Every person and player deals with the emotions of loss in their own way, but as others have said I think just the essence of being a professional athlete most likely means that the person has a fair amount of competitiveness in them, and thereby hates losing and isn't content to just collect a paycheck.

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Probably fair, but like I've said before, just feels like PK would've been so right at home on those late-90s early-00s Ranger teams.

I'd give it a little more time before making that judgment - it's too early for me to make a determination and label a guy like "he doesn't care enough, and he's making 9M so why should he".  Guy's only been here half a year.

Toronto media: "Hey PK, your team is kinda garbage and you're playing like a shell of your former self. Are you gonna ask for a trade so you have a last chance at a cup before the rest of the league decides you are totally shot?"

New Jersey media: "Coach Hynes, you continue to start Cory Schneider even though he's allowing 5 goals a game and your defense looks like someone's controller got unplugged during a game of EA Sports NHL. So it begs the question... What's your favorite color? Follow up question: what kind of sandwich are you gonna have when you get home?"

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Very unfortunate.  Thankfully he doesn't have a NTC and retaining salary is a thing in the NHL. So I'll hold onto that thread of hope. 

I get that you probably think he's making too much money, but in what sense is he hurting our team beyond performing a bit below expectations in the first half of his first season with us?  We have plenty of cap space, so money isn't really an issue at the moment. 

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I get that you probably think he's making too much money, but in what sense is he hurting our team beyond performing a bit below expectations in the first half of his first season with us?  We have plenty of cap space, so money isn't really an issue at the moment. 

We disagree when you said a bit below. He's the third highest paid defenseman in the league. Just because you have the cap space doesn't mean you pay a guy twice his value. 

For all we know the owners may have their own cap. So spending 9 on PK at this stage of his career was a stretch. Even if they don't it's bad business to overpay by that much. 

Not a fan never have been and he's done nothing to change that for me.  He hasn't been good on either side of the puck imo. 

32 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

PK is finally starting to produce a little which as always been what he brought to a team so that's fine. IF he can at least produce he's at least better than most dmen we have access to anyway

He knows how to use ice skates, he has that going for him.