Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

Neb00rs

1 hour ago, Aitchmack said:

That's what I thought when I read that.

yeah and i don't really see how... even if we were the first to do it or wtv... how that's benefiting Goose? lol I mean it's a different era, different staff, different everything

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah and i don't really see how... even if we were the first to do it or wtv... how that's benefiting Goose? lol I mean it's a different era, different staff, different everything

The article talks about Brylin and Elias who were early 90's Devils picks and made a similar transition to North American hockey. They are now 2 of the people helping Gusev with a similar adjustment. Therefore benefiting Goose. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I think dude had to write an article, so he wrote an article lol.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Palmieri, Hall, Gusev, Vatanen.. great trades.  Can't fault the guy for these moves.

In general I still think Shero made a lot of fine moves, but definitely got some rotten luck with some of them (MoJo is the one that tops that list AFAIC.  Grabner was another.)

The one deal that I think you can get on Shero for is PK, mostly because there were signs from the season before that pointed to him declining.  This has nothing to do with PK the person (whose heart seems to be in the right place most of the time)...I mean strictly PK on ice...that guy was torturous at times to watch.  But the plus was always that unlike huge UFA signings that sometimes suck right from the get-go and have no end in sight, the Devils weren't going to be stuck with PK forever (only 3 years max if they didn't want to keep him), and had the cap room to take the risk.  I'm just not so sure that Ray did as much homework on that deal as he did with guys like, say, Palms.  But it's one of those deals where everyone looks at the price and says "Well, why not?"  

• Like 1

I still maintain the PK deal was worth a shot. They guy was an All Star like 7 out of 10 years, had very good scoring stats most of those years, but had a down year in 2018-19. At least, we hoped it was a down year and not the beginning of the end. 

Even still, last year was a precipitous drop-off that I don't think anyone expected to see. There were people on this board proclaiming us to be the team to beat after that trade was made. If he repeated the stats from his down year (9G, 22A), I think I would be pretty happy with that considering the dumpster fire our team was. 

I hope for a bounce back year next season. You know, whenever the fvck it happens. 

• Like 2

On 6/8/2020 at 2:55 PM, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I'm still convinced Grabner still had loyalty to the Rags and sucked on purpose to sabotage us lol

The number of clear breakaways that he fvcked up on.. I mean I'm inclined to agree with you.

always sunny pepe silvia GIF

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Apparently it’s not much more than a good workout. He is quoted as saying he’s not doing “much Army stuff”. He is apparently in a unit with other professional athletes and members of the Swiss National team. 

ESPN

Well it is Switzerland...

• Like 1

Swiss army isn't (that) a joke... You will find more members in this army than in Spain army for example (Or Italy) ... And slightly less than UK & Germany !
They are heavily involved in plenty of place around the world... And yes, they still keep their " neutral " position all the time. 

Swiss army is more a national militia rather than what you will call an army

... And at some point you will have to talk about the Swiss Guards ; ) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, moustic said:

Swiss army isn't (that) a joke... You will find more members in this army than in Spain army for example (Or Italy) ... And slightly less than UK & Germany !
They are heavily involved in plenty of place around the world... And yes, they still keep their " neutral " position all the time. 

Swiss army is more a national militia rather than what you will call an army

... And at some point you will have to talk about the Swiss Guards ; ) 

Yeah, these guys are clearly no joke...lol

image.jpeg.a3c34c3bab7c19cb20d0fadaab356495.jpeg

2 minutes ago, moustic said:

they are funny looking for sure... but each of them are killing machine and rrrrrrrreally hardcore guys... 

They look like something out of a Dr. Sues book. Lol

I’m sure they’re plenty tough though. 

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I'm really looking forward to what Bahl will do. I think he's one of our best prospects. We desperately need a defensemen who can play defense. 

I’ve only seen highlights, but he’s a big kid who seems to know how to use his size and has some meanness to his game. This team hasn’t had too much of that in a while and it’ll be needed. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

one more thought. i really don't care for zacha at all. the fact he stayed in nj and is skating earned him some points.

Don't care for him cause he'll never live up to his draft position or for some other reason? 

Lizard man certainly benched him a lot for his work ethic, but I rarely saw him just going through the motions. He's just not going to be the player he was thought to be. 

Either way, his girlfriend is in NJ so I'm sure he'd rather be stuck near her as opposed to his family based on what I read about his dad.