GDT: Winnipeg @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

Rapid fire observations:

1) Greene on unit 1 - same old stuff with Hynes.  Not going to be beat it to death but simply: ugh.

2) Severson on the bottom pairing - wat?

3) "Line 2" and "Line 3" seem backwards to me. Hughes/Gusev/Bratt is clearly not your third line.

4) Going to show patience WRT Boqvist.  He doesn't belong on the 4th line, especially against a big team like the Jets. 

If I'm Shero I'm looking into a trade for a LHD involving Wood.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

In a similar situation.  Going to a comedy show tonight so will watch when I get back.  I’ll have to have the will power to stay off these boards until I have a good idea of the outcome after watching enough of it back.  Will you also be able to keep the outcome hidden from yourself until you’ve seen enough of the DVR?

Yeah, I’m not checking my phone at all. I want to watch it when I get home. Now last season, I always checked if I was out...

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

We also find out what won the goal song "vote" tonight as long as we score as goal. 

The atmosphere is going to be amazing tonight with all the energy that's going to be in the building. I want to see Hughes score a few minutes into the game and get the place really going wild.

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

It will be an amazing atmosphere until hip hop hooray plays and everyone starts booing. Hopefully this email marketing scam of theirs was just that, and doesn’t actually mean howl is gone.

And on that note - LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!!  Goose, Bokie, P.K., Hallsie, Nico, JERSEY JACK...my head is going to explode I’m pumped!

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Rapid fire observations:

1) Greene on unit 1 - same old stuff with Hynes.  Not going to be beat it to death but simply: ugh.

4) Going to show patience WRT Boqvist.  He doesn't belong on the 4th line, especially against a big team like the Jets. 

Something I was thinking about yesterday after being a little upset about #1: Greene early in the year might have the wheels to play a semi-serviceable top pair role. But, as the season goes on, and he keeps killing penalties like he did, his ice time needs to go down, otherwise he'll be a liability as the miles of the season add up.

I'm forcing myself to agree with your 4th point as well, but I'm not thrilled we have a weapon that did very well up and down the lineup during preseason on the bench after he absolutely earned a spot in the preseason. We'll see what future games bring.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!

2 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

In a similar situation.  Going to a comedy show tonight so will watch when I get back.  I’ll have to have the will power to stay off these boards until I have a good idea of the outcome after watching enough of it back.  Will you also be able to keep the outcome hidden from yourself until you’ve seen enough of the DVR?

Who are you going to see? Just curious, I'm a huge comedy guy

Is anyone productive at work today?  I unfortunately have to be, way too much crap going on today to not be productive.  For those going to the game (are you just thinking about the scene in Championship Plaza tonight?  For those just watching on TV, are you just waiting for 6:30 until the pregame?  I heard Deb Placey is coming back.  Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you like that.

20 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Is anyone productive at work today?  I unfortunately have to be, way too much crap going on today to not be productive.  For those going to the game (are you just thinking about the scene in Championship Plaza tonight?  For those just watching on TV, are you just waiting for 6:30 until the pregame?  I heard Deb Placey is coming back.  Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you like that.

The hockey gods have smiled upon me, we're being released early from work. Now I'll just have to kill time for the remaining 6.5 hours....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Trading Erika to re-acquire Deb would be such a downgrade it would offset all of our offseason upgrades. 

Guess if that ever happened, we know where Peter Chiarelli landed...

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

Jeff Ross with Dave Attell, roast master.  Looking forward to it but wish I was at the game for the introductions.

That's great, I loved Bumping Mics when I caught it on Netflix. Enjoy! 

You'll have 40 more home games to hit and hopefully some playoff ones too 

I cannot wait for this season to start. It seems like forever since draft day and Rays trades. I'm really happy with the additions of PK, Hughes, Gusev and Boqvist. Simmonds I'm on the fence about. If he can return to the player he was a couple of seasons ago he could have a real impact. If not, it's only one season. Despite the additions of a ton of talent I was most concerned with the goal tending but both goalies have looked good on pre-season. Schneider in particular has looked good and that will have a massive impact on the season imo. I also think that Butcher, Nico and Bratt all look stronger, bigger and more confident so it'll be interesting to see how they perform.

Let's Go Devils, Let's Go Baby!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devlman said:

It will be an amazing atmosphere until hip hop hooray plays and everyone starts booing. Hopefully this email marketing scam of theirs was just that, and doesn’t actually mean howl is gone. 

People didn't boo during pre-season and not enough like Howl to boo it either so I wouldn't bet on that happening. 

I hate hip hop hooray but I won't boo either. It is what it is at this point. 

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Seeing Joker tonight, so I have to DVR the game, but I’m hyped to get this season underway. Hope I have something good to watch waiting for me at home.

LGD

Post your thoughts on Joker if you can, definitely interested in checking it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Rapid fire observations:

2) Severson on the bottom pairing - wat?

3) "Line 2" and "Line 3" seem backwards to me. Hughes/Gusev/Bratt is clearly not your third line.

#FreeBoqvist

• Like 2

Same here - trying not to be productive and getting more and more psyched for the game as it draws closer, but I had some stuff to take care of - a really big project, that I actually just got working - so I've been pre-occupied. Now that that's done, my productivity is plummeting.  

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Who are you going to see? Just curious, I'm a huge comedy guy

I'm a big comedy guy as well.  Haven't caught Bill Burr's newest special on Netflix yet, but I hear it's good, and he's one of my favorites.  His F is for Family show is pretty awesome too.

Louis C.K, despite his public issues lately, is still one of my favorites.  I like some of Hannibal Burress' stuff too, and plenty others. 

Jeff Ross with Dave Attell, roast master.  Looking forward to it but wish I was at the game for the introductions.

I've wanted to see Jeff Ross for a while.  Let us know how it is. 

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That's great, I loved Bumping Mics when I caught it on Netflix. Enjoy! 

You'll have 40 more home games to hit and hopefully some playoff ones too 

I’m guessing it’s good I haven’t watched it yet otherwise I’d be hearing a lot of the same material tonight.

With regards to your statement about the playoffs....from your lips to god’s ears.

Anyone have any nerves or is it all excitement?  Or a combination of the both?