GDT: Winnipeg @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

First game of the season. Offense looked great. Didn't notice Hayden once. Boqvist needs to step in. Defence was great in the 1st and 2nd, brutal in the 3rd. Schneider looked good also, hope he's fine. Glad we at least got a point, no reason to get this game to OT, but at least they got a point out of this one. 

Edited by Devs3cups

2 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

First game of the season. Offense looked great. Didn't notice Hayden once. Boqvist needs to step in. Defence was great in the 1st and 2nd, brutal in the 3rd. Schneider looked good also, hope he's fine. Glad we at least got a point, no reason to get this game to OT, but at least they got a point out of this one. 

I did, when he broke up the clearing attempt on the equalizer, flopping 

Thank god Blake Wheeler apparently is allergic to open nets, cause we should have lost in regulation twice in the final 11 seconds, let alone the number of misses he had in the 3rd

Just now, MB3 said:

Think we used our timeout when it was 4-2 and Schneider was doing that weird “trying to unstick your ballsac from the inside of your leg” wobble for a solid 6 minutes.

I don’t think we have to with an injury, especially to a goalie. As far as I know their replacements get the time they need.

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Think we used our timeout when it was 4-2 and Schneider was doing that weird “trying to unstick your ballsac from the inside of your leg” wobble for a solid 6 minutes.

Ahhh I didn't realize that, sh!t.

Good call, I stand corrected.

PROS

• This team is very fast and very skilled.
  • Effort was very good from start to finish.

CONS

• Schneider's injury.
  • Hynes's bad system.
    • 2 GA from point shots
    • Not enough pressure on the opposing puck carriers.
    • Allowing too much speed through the neutral zone

GOALS AGAINST

1. A hard point shot that deflected off something.  Schneider had no chance.
  2. A rebound right to their guy that Severson failed to collect.  Again, Schneider really had no chance.
  3. Piss poor defensive zone play where they tried too hard to make passes out of the zone instead of just keeping it simple due to a bad coaching system.  Stoppable shot, but Blackwood coming in cold makes it hard to blame him there.
  4. Again, piss poor d-zone play where they couldn't clear due to them looking to make plays out of the zone instead of just chipping it out or icing it.  Another point shot with a screen that could have been stopped, but the bad d-zone system is mostly to blame.

5 ON 5 POSSESSION

• CF: 44 to 42
  • FF: 39 to 36
  • SF: 29 to 27
  • SCF: 19 to 26
  • HDCF: 10 to 8

ALL SITUATIONS POSSESSION

• CF: 61 to 50
  • FF: 55 to 42
  • SF: 39 to 30
  • SCF: 32 to 28
  • HDCF: 11 to 9
  • Like 3

I’ll get slammed because I’m a fan of his, but I can’t pin it on Blackwood when he gets called in cold and the team can’t clear the zone in front of him at all. 

I also don’t think it’s fair to assess his abilities as a goalie based on less than 20 minutes after coming in due to an injury.

• Like 2